Mattress Reviews and Buying Guide
The Mattress Clarity team has personally reviewed hundreds of mattresses, pillows, sheets and other sleep products. Our mattress reviews are honest and in-depth, using our personal experiences to bring you quality feedback on these products before you decide to buy them.
Each person has individual sleep preferences, so take our sleep quiz below to get customized mattress recommendations, and be sure to sign up for our email list so we can send you more discounts and personal insights on what’s going on in the world of mattresses and sleep research. Get ready, amazing sleep is in your future!
Top Mattress Brands
Our team of expert reviewers objectively test a wide range of mattresses across top brands. From big names with big reputations to new companies hoping to win you over. If it’s out there, we’re reviewing it for you.
Below you’ll see some of the top brands in the industry. Click any of these to go straight to our reviews. Got a specific question about a brand? Leave us a comment or shoot us an email!
It’s hard to escape advertisements for the latest and greatest mattress. It seems like new brands are popping up each day and more established companies are adding innovative new technologies to their already existing mattresses.
The position you sleep in has a big impact on which mattress is right for you. Each mattress review includes a sleep position recommendation. Not only that, we’ve rounded up our top mattress picks for each sleep position as well. Make sure to check these lists out if you’re just getting started with your mattress search!
We all arrive with our own unique set of sleep needs and desires. Your next mattress should meet your personal checklist – no compromises. We’re here to help you find that perfect match by sharing our top picks in a variety of categories.
Looking for a personal recommendation? We’re ready for you! Send us a comment or write us an email and tell us a little about yourself, your sleep position and your sleep preferences. We’ll give you an idea of which mattresses you should consider.
Latex. Foam. Innerspring. Hybrid. Gel grids. You get the idea – there are a lot of different mattresses out there. So, which one is best suited for side sleepers? Hot sleepers? Couples? We break down all the components in each mattress so you can know exactly who it was designed for.
Top Mattress Deals
Purchasing a new mattress is an investment. We want to make sure you feel good about your new bed, which is why we work hard to find the best mattress deals in the industry for you.
Check out a few of the current discounts available below.
Nectar DealCHECK PRICES HERE
- Memory foam feel
- Great value
- Long sleep trial
- Great pressure relief
Helix Deal$125 Off
- Code CLARITY125
- Good for all sleepers
- Great for couples
Casper Deal$100 Off
- Zoned support
- Great value
Saatva DealGet Best Price
- Great value
- Luxurious construction
Meet Our Staff
Joe, Katie, and Marten make up the expert team at Mattress Clarity. Their goal is to make the mattress buying process as simple and straightforward as possible.
Joe is the founder of Mattress Clarity and continues to sleep on and review countless mattresses. As the bed in the box industry began to boom, Joe started Mattress Clarity as to help consumers navigate the industry.
When he isn’t testing sleep products, Joe enjoys working out, reading and playing classical piano.
Katie is our Senior Digital Content Manager. She’s in charge of our blog, but you’ll also find her reviewing mattresses, mattress protectors, bedding and pillows as well!
Katie hails from Austin, TX and fills her spare time hanging with her family, eating tacos and relaxing in the park with her adopted shelter dog, Chloe.
Marten is our Digital Content Manager. He writes on a variety of sleep related topics in addition to reviewing all forms of bedding. He is specifically interested in the connection between sleep and overall health.
Marten is from Franklin, IN and spends his free time writing screenplays, reading, and watching movies.
Our reviews are made of up a combination of objective facts and our personal experience with each mattress or sleep product. We want to make sure you leave each review knowing what to expect – both from an objective standpoint and as if you’d just spoken with your friend about the new bed they got.
To help you get the best idea of what mattress will work for you, we have multiple reviewers with different sleep preferences and body types looking at the same mattress and share their unique experiences.
We also use a series of objective tests to show how these mattresses perform. All in all, you can get a well-rounded understanding of each mattress so you can make an informed choice.
In our reviews, you can expect to learn about the following with each mattress:
Construction Overview – We will go through each mattress layer by layer, explaining the material and thoughts behind the design. We will give you more information about mattress construction than you would ever want to know!
Support – By the end of every review, you’ll have a solid idea of how much support you can expect from the mattress. We will give our opinion based on the materials of the mattress and from our experience sleeping on the mattress.
Firmness – We provide two different perspectives on the firmness of the mattress in each of our reviews. Our reviewers have different body types. We give this two-person approached in order to give you the clearest idea of how firm a mattress will feel to you.
Feel – Reviews include a written and a visual sense of a mattresses’ overall feel. In addition to visuals, we give our subjective overview of the feel and tell you how it compares to other types of mattresses.
Bounce – Some people like bouncy mattresses, while others prefer to have very little bounce. We use a lacrosse ball to show you visually how bouncy the mattress is going to be.
Motion Transfer – If you sleep with a partner, it’s important to know how much you’ll feel their movement while you sleep. In our video reviews, we show off exactly how well the mattress isolates motion with a number of different tests.
Comfort – We will give you our subjective assessment about how comfortable each mattress really is. Our multiple review approach gives you a range of perspectives.
Pressure Relief – While we do provide our subjective opinion about the overall comfort of a mattress, we also have a way to give you a very objective visual of how well the mattress relieves pressure. In our videos, we lie down on a pressure map and you can see very clearly where you might feel pressure on the mattress.
Breathability – We will give you our assessment as to whether you will sleep hot on each mattress. This will be based on our assessment of the materials and our experience sleeping on the mattress.
Sleeping Positions Assessment – Is the mattress good for back sleeping? Side sleeping? Stomach sleeping? Is it good for combination sleepers? In our video and written reviews, we will tell you what level of pressure relief and support you can expect in the mattress in each sleeping position.
Value – We will let you know if we think the mattress is a value. Our experts assess how much you get for the price you pay. While this may appear subjective, we can tell a lot based on mattress construction and design. We will honestly let you know if you are getting a good deal on each mattress.
Customer Service – Some companies are good with customer service, while others are not quite as good. We share customer service experience and reputation with each review.
All Mattress Reviews
- Lucid Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Value?
- Linenspa Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review – Affordable Comfort?
- Saatva HD Mattress Review – A Luxury Option For Heavy People?
- Brooklyn Bedding Plank Mattress Review – The Firmest Ever?
- Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Review – Advanced Comfort?
- Casper Hybrid Mattress Review – How Does It Compare To The Original?
- Awara Mattress Review – A Supportive Latex Hybrid?
- Saatva Solaire Mattress Review – Adjustable Comfort?
- GhostBed Flex Mattress Review – A Cool Hybrid?
- Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid Mattress Review – Eco-Friendly Comfort?
- Tuft & Needle Mint Mattress Review – A Quality Value?
- Brooklyn Bedding Spartan Mattress Review – A Good Option For Athletes?
- Level Sleep Mattress Review – Zoned Comfort?
- Puffy Mattress Review – Memory Foam Bliss?
- Big Fig Mattress Review – Supportive Enough For Heavy People?
- Helix PLUS Mattress Review – Extra Support?
- WinkBeds Plus Mattress Review – Made For Heavier People?
- Allswell Mattress Review – A High-Quality Value?
- Casper Wave Mattress Review – Is This True Luxury?
- Casper Essential Mattress Review – Is This Streamlined Comfort?
- Brooklyn Bedding Bowery Mattress Review – High Quality At A Value Price?
- Purple Hybrid Premier Review – Sleep Better With Science?
- Bear Hybrid Mattress Review – Great Comfort And Support?
- DreamCloud Mattress Review – Is It As Dreamy As It Looks?
- Ghostbed Luxe Mattress Review
- Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Mattress Review – Amazing Pressure Relief?
- Brentwood Home Cedar Mattress Review – Eco-Friendly Support?
- Cocoon By Sealy Mattress Review – The Right Fit For You?
- Nectar Mattress Review – Affordable Comfort?
- Sleep Number Bed Review (2020) – The Complete Guide
- Zinus Hybrid Mattress Review
- Avocado Mattress Review – Natural Luxury?
- Addable Mattress Review – Really Solid Value
- Love And Sleep Mattress Review – Great Value?
- Amerisleep AS4 Mattress Review – Made For Side Sleepers?
- Amerisleep AS3 (Liberty) Mattress Review
- Intellibed Mattress Review and Complaints
- Amerisleep AS2 (Revere) Bed Review
- Sapira Mattress Review
- Nolah Mattress Review – A Value Alternative To Memory Foam?
- Purple Mattress Review – Is The Update An Improvement?
- Zinus Mattress Review
- Spindle Mattress Review – Real Firmness Options?
- Zenhaven Mattress Review – A Value Latex Mattress?
- Endy Mattress Review – Great For Back Sleepers?
- Layla Mattress Review
- Aviya Mattress Review
- Novosbed Mattress Review
- Sealy Posturepedic Reviews Overview
- GhostBed Mattress Review: Supernaturally Comfortable?
- Lull Mattress Review – Great For Back Sleepers?
- Leesa Mattress Review
- Simmons Beautyrest Reviews
- TEMPUR-Pedic Reviews
- Bear Mattress Review – Made For Athletes?
- Tuft and Needle Mattress Review
- Helix Mattress Review – The Perfect Fit?
- WinkBed Mattress Review – A Combo Sleeper’s Dream?
- Casper Original Mattress Review
- Saatva Mattress Review – A Combination Sleeper’s Dream?