The ReST Bed™ is a very innovative mattress that gives people full control to customize the firmness of five areas of their mattress. It has technology that senses and (automatically) responds to pressure. I’ve never seen anything like it, so I was really excited to give it a test drive and see how everything works. This review will cover everything sleepers need to know about this mattress, including a full breakdown of the construction, firmness and feel, comfort, support, etc.
Who Might Want To Get The ReST Bed™
- Couples– Having the ability to customize each side of the mattress makes it an ideal choice for couples who might prefer different firmness levels
- Athletes– Athletes who are sore will benefit from this mattress. Wherever athletes have soreness they can make that part of the mattress softer and have a much better, deeper night of sleep. This makes recovery easier.
- People In Pain– If people ever experience pain in a specific part of their body, this mattress can be a really good choice. People can simply make the part of the bed where their pain is softer and they won’t have as much pressure where their pain is.
- Those Who Like Memory Foam– Even with the air support system, there is definitely a memory foam feel to this mattress because of the top layers of foam.
- Those Who Want Customizability– If people really aren’t sure what type of firmness they want, or they sleep in multiple positions, the customizability of the ReST Bed™ will probably be pretty attractive to them.
Who Might Not Want To Get The ReSt Bed
- Those On A Budget– The ReST Bed™ is very innovative and comes with a lot of cool technology. Because of that, it does not come cheap. This is a mattress for only the most serious consumers.
- Those Who Already Like A Particular Type Of Bed– If people already love latex mattresses or already love memory foam mattresses, then they might want to just stick with that type of mattress. The ReST Bed™ is very different from any type of mattress I’ve ever slept on.
- At the very top sleepers will have the cover, which will have the sensors in it. The sensors are simply fabric; they do not introduce any cables, wires or plastics.
- The comfort layers consists of a 1″ gel memory foam layer, 2″ gel memory foam layer, and 1″ polyfoam layer.
- Beneath the comfort layers is the air support system. If people look inside the hood, they can see the five separate air bladders that inflate or deflate depending on whether they are making them firmer or softer.
- The construction is “modular,” which just means that people can easily replace the different parts of the mattress. This makes the longevity of the mattress that much higher because people won’t have to replace the entire thing if something breaks down.
How People Can Customize Their Mattress
People have three options when it comes to customizing their mattress.
- They can set a desired firmness level overall, so when they move positions, the bed will automatically adjust to make sure that it keeps the same firmness level. People can see the screenshot below to see what that looks like.
- They can set firmness levels for each of the five zones for back sleeping and side sleeping. Then when they switch positions, the bed will automatically adjust to the set firmness levels that they have previously selected. See screenshot below for a visual of what that might look like.
- They can manually change the firmness levels of each of the five zones.
As people can see from the video below, the mattress does pretty well with motion transfer. It has memory foam on the top of the mattress, so I would have expected it to do well. The sensors on the pad make it have a little motion transfer, but overall I think it is a nice option for couples who don’t want to be disturbed by their partner when they move around. Make sure to check out our best mattresses for couples.
- The air chambers do make some noise when they are making the mattress softer or firmer. I didn’t have a problem with the noise, but I thought I would mention it anyways for people who might be sensitive to that type of thing.
- There’s a lot involved with this mattress. It will take at least 30 minutes to set up. If people get a Queen or King sized mattress, they’ll get 2 tablets to have control over. They will need space and electrical outlets for the two air pumps. People should make sure they will have space and outlets to be able to handle all of this.
The table below shows the available sizes and their corresponding prices.
|Split California King||$5,598|
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- One of the most technologically advanced mattresses ever created
- Sleepers can customize five different areas of the bed on each side
- It’s great for people who have pain or who lead an active lifestyle
Should People Buy It?
This mattress is for serious shoppers. It is a very expensive mattress, but it comes with technology that I’ve never seen available before. If people don’t mind taking a chance on a new concept and have the money for it, this mattress could be a good choice for them.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.