Mattresses can be a major investment and, after spending hard-earned money, people want to trust that their mattress is going to last – that’s why it can be so discouraging when the mattress starts to sag. (Pro tip: If you currently have a sagging mattress, check your mattress warranty to see if sagging is covered.)
But not all mattresses will give up so quickly and, after reviewing tons of mattresses, I’ve found ten that should stand up to years of use; they are high-quality, durable, and, most importantly, won’t sag!
To find out which non-sagging mattress is the right fit, read on for my full guide!
Our Top Picks
The best mattresses that won’t sag are:
- WinkBed Plus – Best Mattress For Heavy People
- Nectar – Best Value Mattress That Won’t Sag
- DreamCloud – Best Hybrid Mattress That Won’t Sag
- Loom and Leaf – Best Memory Foam Mattress That Won’t Sag
- Bear – Best Foam Mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid – Best Budget Mattress
- GhostBed – Best Firm Mattress
- Idle Sleep Hybrid – Best Flippable Mattress
- Purple – Best Mattress Under $1000
- Saatva Latex Hybrid – Best Latex Hybrid That Won’t Sag
There is no perfect mattress for everyone, so I have put together a list of mattresses that should be an exceptional fit for a variety of sleeping positions and sleeping preferences. If it’s time to replace your mattress, and you need a new mattress that won’t sag, keep reading!
Best Mattress for Heavy People
The WinkBeds Plus is one of WinkBeds’ hybrid mattresses that is also designed specifically for heavier people.
Sagging is often a real issue for heavier sleepers, but the top layer of the WinkBeds Plus mattress consists of Body Impression-Proof Foam that is made to fight significant sagging, and it has coils and high-density foams that shouldn’t sag over time.
Heavier back and stomach sleepers should enjoy the WinkBeds Plus because there is a zoned support layer that is particularly firmer under the heavier parts of the body. Back sleepers should feel their hips sink into the tufted top and then supportive coils beneath that, and stomach sleepers should also feel properly supported.
Also, hot sleepers shouldn’t have to worry about overheating on the WinkBeds Plus because the coils allow for fantastic airflow, while the cover and top layer help dissipate the majority of one’s body heat.
What Makes The WinkBeds Plus Stand Out?
- This coil mattress is made to resist sagging, so even larger people shouldn’t leave indentations in the mattress.
- The coils and zoned support system mean the mattress should be able to handle people of larger weights.
- The WinkBed Plus is one of the best luxury mattresses on the market.
- The mattress contains many features to combat overheating such as Tencel fabric and open-celled latex.
Read the full WinkBeds Plus review.
The WinkBeds is an innerspring mattress with a luxury, hotel feel. It is designed specifically for larger people. Save $300 by clicking the link.
Best Value Mattress that Won’t Sag
When many people shop for a soft memory foam mattress, they fear that it will sag after only a few short years. While the Nectar is a soft memory foam mattress, shoppers can rest assured that it won’t sag for some time.
This is because the Nectar features high-density foams in its construction. The gel-infused memory foam, Hi Core memory foam, and base support foam all should stand up to many years of constant use, making the Nectar one of the best value mattresses out there.
What Makes The Nectar Stand Out?
- Its high-density foams should not sag like other memory foam is known to do.
- The Nectar is an extremely comfortable memory foam mattress.
- The mattress is high-quality, but it is also sold for a value price.
Read the full Nectar mattress review
Nectar is a very comfortable memory foam mattress that happens to also be an amazing value, and customers can get the best deal on the Nectar plus $399 of free accessories by using our coupon.
Best Hybrid That Won’t Sag
If someone wants a mattress that won’t sag, they want to make sure it contains high-quality and high-density materials that will not break down very quickly. If they are seeking a hybrid mattress that meets these criteria, the DreamCloud is a great place to start.
The DreamCloud Premier contains supportive coils and multiple layers of high-density foam that should stand up to years of use. The whole design and look of the DreamCloud Premier is also quite luxurious and should remind people of sleeping in a hotel.
Being a hybrid, the DreamCloud Premier offers an excellent balance of comfort and support. Back sleepers should feel their hips sinking into the plush pillow top while the coils support them. Stomach sleepers should also get the support they require.
What Makes The DreamCloud Stand Out?
- This durable hybrid mattress should stay supportive and comfortable for years to come.
- The DreamCloud provides a balance of comfort and support for back sleepers.
- The mattress offers a luxury look and feel.
Read the full DreamCloud mattress review
The DreamCloud is a high-quality hybrid mattress that is sold for a value price - click the button to save $200 on the DreamCloud mattress and get free sheets, pillows, and a protector.
Best Memory Foam Mattress that Won’t Sag
Loom & Leaf
The Loom & Leaf is a memory foam mattress that features very high-density foams; while many bed-in-a-box mattresses feature significantly lower-density foams, the Loom & Leaf does not. The top layer features a 4-lb density, and the next layer is of a 5-lb density and, because of this, the Loom & Leaf shouldn’t sag as many memory foam mattresses do.
The mattress also has a particularly nice balance of comfort and support so back sleepers should feel their hips sink in just the right amount while also feeling noticeable support on the lumbar area. Side sleepers should feel significant pressure relief on their shoulders and hips, and stomach sleepers should also feel particularly well-supported.
If someone wants a luxurious soft mattress that will last for a significant amount of time, the Loom & Leaf could be a fantastic choice.
What Makes The Loom & Leaf Stand Out?
- The mattress features high-density foams that shouldn’t sag the way other memory foams can sometimes do.
- It is a particularly good option for those wanting a durable memory foam mattress.
- The Loom and Leaf shouldn’t sag and will offer proper comfort and support for those with lower back pain and sciatica for years to come.
- It is a supportive and very comfortable mattress and should be a fantastic fit for multiple sleeping positions.
Read the full Loom & Leaf mattress review.
Loom And Leaf is a perfect choice for those looking for a luxury memory foam feel but don't want to sleep hot. Save $200 on Loom And Leaf simply by clicking the button below.
Best Foam Mattress
One of the issues with all-foam mattresses is that they are prone to sagging. Believe us, there’s nothing worse than when your bed turns into a canoe. If you want an all-foam mattress that won’t act like this, take a look at the Bear mattress.
The Bear mattress features three foam layers – gel memory foam over a transition layer, over a base foam layer. All three layers are high-density and should stand up to years of use. Put another way, the Bear shouldn’t be turning into a canoe!
The mattress is also a great option for hot sleepers, due to its gel infusion and Celliant cover. Both materials should draw heat away from your body and keep you cooler throughout the night.
This Celliant cover also makes the Bear a great option for athletes and active people. The material is designed to promote blood flow and help you recover more quickly after a workout.
What Makes The Bear Stand Out?
- It features a great balance of comfort and support, making it a good fit for back sleepers and side sleepers.
- The Bear features high-density foam that should not sag quickly.
- The mattress boasts cooling features to keep you from overheating during the night.
Read the full Bear mattress review
The Bear mattresses sleep cool and are quite comfortable. Mattress customers can get 20% off the Bear mattress plus 2 free Cloud pillows. Use code CLARITY20.
Best Budget Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid
When you’re shopping for a mattress that won’t sag, you might find yourself paying more for those durable materials. If you want a durable mattress that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, check out the Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding is a company that is all about giving you the best deal possible. Unlike many mattress brands, Brooklyn Bedding owns their own factory, allowing them to pass the savings onto the consumer.
While you’ll be paying less than $1000 for a Queen-size mattress, you can expect the Signature Hybrid to last for a number of years. This is because it features TitanFlex and Energex foam as well as Ascension Coils (all durable materials).
You also have your choice of three firmness levels, allowing you to find the perfect fit for you.
What Makes The Brooklyn Bedding Stand Out?
- It is a high-quality, durable mattress that is also budget-friendly.
- The Brooklyn Bedding comes in three firmnesses.
- The mattress is breathable and a good fit for hot sleepers.
Read the full Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid mattress review
Brooklyn Bedding has amazing products that are sold at very affordable prices. Click the button and use code WINTER20 to save 20% on your purchase.
Best Firm Mattress
When it comes to mattress materials that won’t sag, latex really is one of the best. It is known to bounce back and retain its shape even after many years of use. However, there is a drawback…it can cost a lot.
If you want the durability of latex but want to spend less money, consider the GhostBed mattress. The GhostBed features synthetic latex that is much more affordable than all-natural Talalay or Dunlop latex. That being said, it will still give you support without sagging quickly!
The GhostBed is also one of the best firm mattresses on this list. This makes it a good pick for stomach sleepers and those who simply like something firmer. Heavier back sleepers could also get a balance of comfort and support.
There’s a lot to like about the GhostBed – an affordable, firm, latex mattress that won’t sag!
What Makes The GhostBed Stand Out?
- It is a durable latex mattress sold for a value price.
- The GhostBed is firm and a great fit for stomach sleeping.
- It features cooling materials to keep you from overheating at night.
Read the full GhostBed mattress review
Ghostbed is a very supportive mattress that is ideal for back and stomach sleepers, and it is also a great value - right now, customers can get 25% off the GhostBed and 2 free pillows.
Best Flippable Mattress
One of the best ways to make your mattress last longer is to rotate it and, if possible, flip it regularly. This will even out the wear and tear of the mattress and keep those uncomfortable dips and divets from forming. While most online mattresses are not flippable, the Idle Hybrid is!
The Idle Hybrid is, as the name suggests, a hybrid mattress with two sides. You can choose to give both sides a Medium firmness or a Luxury Firm firmness. Or, you can make one side Medium and the other Luxury Firm. If you want something to help the mattress last longer, we recommend making both sides the same firmness. This will let you flip the mattress every three or six months. Another durable option is the Idle Latex Hybrid mattress. Make sure to read our Idle Latex Hybrid mattress review.
The Idle Hybrid is also an extremely good deal. It is less than $1500 for a hybrid mattress, which is a very good price for something that will last for so long.
What Makes The Idle Hybrid Stand Out?
- The Idle Hybrid is flippable, so it will last much longer.
- You can select the firmness of the mattress, helping you find the right fit for you.
- It boasts cooling materials that should keep it from trapping heat during the night.
Read the full Idle Hybrid mattress review
The IDLE Sleep Hybrid mattress is a durable, supportive, flippable mattress that should be a good fit for back sleepers and stomach sleepers. Click the button to get 30% off plus 2 free pillows.
Best Mattress Under $1,000
The Purple is one of the most durable mattresses I have come across because it features a proprietary hyper-elastic gel polymer in its construction. The polymer forms a gel grid that is much significantly more durable than the foams one finds in many bed-in-a-box mattresses, and it shouldn’t sag even after many years of use.
The original Purple mattress has 2″ of this proprietary gel grid on top of foam and, while this is a very durable mattress, the Purple Hybrid and Hybrid Premier mattresses should be even more durable. These mattresses include high-grade coils and thick gel grid layers so, if someone is a significantly larger person or wants a thicker comfort layer, these Purple Hybrid mattresses might be a better choice.
Besides being very durable, the Purple mattresses are also an exceptional fit for all three sleeping positions. The proprietary gel grid is designed to stay flat and particularly supportive until a certain amount of pressure is applied and, when this happens, the grid collapses just in that specific area.
When someone is on their back, the mattress just collapses under their hips and butt; when they’re on their side, it collapses under their shoulders and hips; on their stomach, the mattress does not really collapse at all. All in all, the mattress offers a fantastic balance of comfort and support.
What Makes The Purple Stand Out?
- The proprietary gel grid polymer is an extremely durable material, and it shouldn’t sag like many foams are known to do.
- Those wanting even more durability can take a look at the Purple Hybrid or Purple Hybrid Premier mattresses.
- The gel grid makes the Purple a fantastic match for all three sleeping positions.
- The mattress allows for quite a bit of airflow, so it is temperature-neutral and should be a fantastic match for hot sleepers.
Check out the full Purple mattress review.
Purple is an innovative mattress that is a great fit for all three sleeping positions and doesn't sleep hot. Use our coupon to get free sheets and a pillow with your purchase.
Best Latex Hybrid Mattress
Saatva Latex Hybrid
The Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress is an all-natural, organic mattress made with premium materials for a cool and healthy night’s sleep. The coil layer and organic eco-loft pad at the base of the mattress add structure, support, and responsiveness to this bed so it can quickly adapt to your body movements. Additionally, this offers great motion isolation so couples can share the bed without being disturbed by their partner.
This luxury hybrid mattress combines the soft, pressure-relieving feel of latex with the support of a classic innerspring mattress. Sleepers won’t be sinking too far into the bed; instead, the plush surface will hug the natural contours of your body for a comfortable night’s sleep.
Plus, when you shop with Saatva, customers get free white glove delivery and a 180-night sleep trial period.
What Makes The Saatva Latex Hybrid Stand Out?
- The high-quality materials of the Saatva Latex Hybrid make for a luxurious sleep experience.
- The top layer of latex combined with the layer of coils makes for an extremely responsive and supportive sleep surface.
- Saatva offers free white glove delivery.
Read our full Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress review
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is a luxury mattress with a nice balance of comfort and support. Click the button to save $200 on the mattress.
Marten is a staff writer for us, and he has a much different body type than me (he is 6’7″ and weighs about 230 lb while I am 5’9″ and weigh 160 lbs) – here is what he thought about these mattresses:
First, I reviewed the WinkBeds Plus which is made specifically for larger people like me. It’s extremely supportive and durable because there are high-density foams on top and particularly high-grade coils beneath that shouldn’t sag.
Then, we have the GhostBed, which was very supportive and a particularly good fit for me when I was lying on my back and stomach.
The Purple is a fantastic choice for heavier sleepers who sleep in any position; it’s a great fit whether I am on my back, side, or stomach.
The Bloom Hybrid is a fantastic fit for heavier back sleepers because it supports me while allowing my hips to sink in the perfect amount.
The Loom & Leaf is a great choice for heavier side sleepers and, while it feels a bit firm at first, it does soften up after a few minutes and provides great pressure relief on my shoulders and hips.
It seems Marten thought all ten mattresses could be a good fit for him, and this is not extremely surprising given that these are all very durable mattresses, and durability is usually accompanied by a decent amount of support.
RELATED: Best Firm Mattress
What Should Someone Consider When Finding A Mattress That Won’t Sag?
- What is the density of the foam found in the mattress? Mattresses often sag because there is a layer of low-density foam somewhere in the construction so, if someone wants a foam mattress that won’t sag, they should pay close attention to the foam density. If someone chooses a mattress that is 2.5- or 3-lb foam, it might start to sag but, if they pick a mattress with 4- or 5-lb density foam, this should help the mattress last longer.
- What type of foam is featured in the mattress? Along with density, it is also important to consider the type of foams that are featured in the mattress. If someone wants a mattress that won’t sag, latex foam is going to be particularly good because it is responsive, bouncy, and durable; this natural product can handle heavier weights without sagging.
- Does the mattress feature coils in its construction? If someone wants a mattress that isn’t going to sag, they should take a look at something with innerspring coils because these add an extra level of support and durability. The coils will help support heavier weights while also fighting significant sagging in the mattress.
- Make sure you get the right support system. Getting the right support can keep your mattress from sagging too quickly. Your mattress could require a special foundation or box spring.
- How often should you replace your mattress? Think about how long the mattress is going to last and when it might be time to switch up.
Here’s a recap of our top picks for the best mattresses that won’t sag:
|WinkBed Plus||Best Mattress For Heavy People|
|Nectar||Best Value Mattress That Won’t Sag|
|DreamCloud||Best Hybrid Mattress|
|Loom and Leaf||Best Memory Foam Mattress That Won’t Sag|
|Bear||Best Foam Mattress|
|Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid||Best Budget Mattress|
|GhostBed||Best Firm Mattress|
|Idle Sleep Hybrid||Best Flippable Mattress|
|Purple||Best Mattress Under $1000|
|Saatva Latex Hybrid||Best Latex Hybrid Mattress|
Sagging mattresses are the worst and those who want to avoid sagging should consider one of these ten mattresses. Those who want to look elsewhere should just make sure the mattress has high-density foams and/or coils and then lie back and enjoy their durable, long-lasting mattress.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Vaya Mattress Review – Great For Kids? - April 2, 2020
- Best Mattresses For Hip Pain Relief - March 13, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020