Mattresses can be a major investment and, after spending hard-earned money, people want to trust that their mattress is going to last – that’s why it can be so discouraging when the mattress starts to sag. (Pro tip: If you currently have a sagging mattress, check your mattress warranty to see if sagging is covered.)
But not all mattresses will give up so quickly and, after reviewing tons of mattresses, I’ve found ten that should stand up to years of use; they are high-quality, durable, and, most importantly, won’t sag!
To find out which non-sagging mattress is the right fit, read on for my full guide!
Our Top Picks
The best mattresses that won’t sag are:
- WinkBed – Editor’s Pick
- Saatva HD – Best Mattress For Heavy People
- Nectar – Best Value Mattress That Won’t Sag
- Puffy – Best Soft Mattress That Won’t Sag
- DreamCloud – Best Hybrid Mattress That Won’t Sag
- GhostBed – Best Firm Mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid – Best Budget Mattress
- Bear Original – Best Foam Mattress
- Purple – Best Mattress Under $1000
- Zenhaven – Best Latex That Won’t Sag
There is no perfect mattress for everyone, so I have put together a list of mattresses that should be an exceptional fit for a variety of sleeping positions and sleeping preferences. If it’s time to replace your mattress, and you need a new mattress that won’t sag, keep reading!
The WinkBeds hybrid mattresses feature pocketed coils and a soft pillow top on top. The mattress comes in four firmness options – Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and Plus. The Plus is made specifically with larger people in mind.
No matter what model you get, the WinkBed mattresses are designed not to sag. The coils are extra-supportive, and the foams are designed to fight indentations.
We personally reviewed the WinkBed Luxury Firm model and thought it had a great balance of comfort and support. Because of this, it should be a good match for multiple sleeping positions. The mattress is also zoned to provide extra lumbar support. This makes it a particularly good fit for back sleepers.
Also, hot sleepers shouldn’t have to worry about overheating on the WinkBed Plus because the coils allow for fantastic airflow, while the cover and top layer help dissipate the majority of your body heat.
What Makes The WinkBed Stand Out?
- This coil mattress is made to resist sagging.
- The WinkBed is one of the best luxury mattresses on the market.
- The mattress contains many features to combat overheating such as Tencel fabric and gel-infused foam.
Read the full WinkBeds mattress review.
Winkbeds has a mattress that is an excellent balance of comfort and support. You can get $300 off + Free Sleep Bundle with our coupon. Just enter your email to save.
Best Mattress For Heavy People
The Saatva HD was designed specifically with larger sleepers in mind. In fact, we named it one of the best mattresses for heavy people!
It has a plush pillow top followed by a layer of zoned latex foam. This means it feels firmer in some areas and softer in others! For support, the Saatva HD has a layer of thick foam and 12.5 gauge tempered steel coils. In addition to creating excellent edge support, these springs help support people of heavier weights.
Because of its unique construction, this mattress has a firm, hybrid feel. It’s best suited for heavier back, side, and stomach sleepers. However, some average weight stomach sleepers may also find it’s a good match.
The Saatva HD mattress is made with high-quality and durable materials, so it’s a great investment. Plus, when you shop with Saatva, customers get free white glove delivery and a 180-night sleep trial period.
What Makes The Saatva HD Stand Out?
- It’s a great choice for heavyweight back, side, and stomach sleepers.
- The zoned latex layer and durable steel coils create a great balance of comfort and support.
- The high-quality materials of the Saatva Latex Hybrid make for a luxurious sleep experience.
- Saatva offers free white glove delivery.
Read our full Saatva HD mattress review
The Saatva HD is a supportive mattress made specifically for larger people. Click the link to save $200 on the Saatva HD.
Best Value Mattress that Won’t Sag
When many people shop for a soft memory foam mattress, they fear that it will sag after only a few short years. While the Nectar is a soft memory foam mattress, shoppers can rest assured that it won’t sag for some time.
This is because the Nectar features high-density foams in its construction. The gel-infused memory foam, Hi Core memory foam, and base support foam all should stand up to many years of constant use, making the Nectar one of the best value mattresses out there.
What Makes The Nectar Stand Out?
- Its high-density foams should not sag like other memory foam is known to do.
- The Nectar is an extremely comfortable memory foam mattress.
- The mattress is high-quality, but it is also sold for a value price.
Read the full Nectar mattress review
Nectar is a very comfortable memory foam mattress that happens to also be an amazing value, and customers can get the best deal on the Nectar plus $399 of free accessories by using our coupon.
Best Soft Mattress That Won’t Sag
The Puffy mattress has a classic memory foam feel that sleepers love to sink into. Because it’s an all-foam mattress, it creates plenty of pressure relief.
This mattress is especially suited for lightweight and average weight sleepers. When side sleeping, most people will sink into the soft foam layer and experience wonderful pressure relief. The Puffy also creates wonderful body contouring, which is ideal for back sleepers.
And because this mattress won’t sag, it’s a fantastic investment. We expect this mattress to last 7-10 years. To make things even better, Puffy mattresses come with a lifetime warranty!
What Makes The Puffy Stand Out?
- The mattress has a classic memory foam feel.
- It creates fantastic body contouring and pressure relief.
- The Puffy is especially great for back sleepers.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty!
Read the full Puffy mattress review.
Puffy is a comfortable memory foam mattress that is especially great for light- ande medium-weight side sleepers. You can get $300 off the Puffy and get a $455 worth of free accessories by clicking the link below.
Best Hybrid Mattress That Won’t Sag
If someone wants a mattress that won’t sag, they want to make sure it contains high-quality and high-density materials that will not break down very quickly. If they are seeking a hybrid mattress that meets these criteria, the DreamCloud is a great place to start.
The DreamCloud Premier contains supportive coils and multiple layers of high-density foam that should stand up to years of use. The whole design and look of the DreamCloud Premier is also quite luxurious and should remind people of sleeping in a hotel.
Being a hybrid, the DreamCloud Premier offers an excellent balance of comfort and support. Back sleepers should feel their hips sinking into the plush pillow top while the coils support them. Stomach sleepers should also get the support they require.
What Makes The DreamCloud Stand Out?
- This durable hybrid mattress should stay supportive and comfortable for years to come.
- The DreamCloud provides a balance of comfort and support for back sleepers.
- The mattress offers a luxury look and feel.
Read the full DreamCloud mattress review
The DreamCloud is a high-quality hybrid mattress that is sold for a value price - click the button to save $200 on the DreamCloud mattress and get $399 of free accessories.
Best Firm Mattress
When it comes to mattress materials that won’t sag, latex really is one of the best. It is known to bounce back and retain its shape even after many years of use. However, there is a drawback…it can cost a lot.
If you want the durability of latex but want to spend less money, consider the GhostBed mattress. The GhostBed features synthetic latex that is much more affordable than all-natural Talalay or Dunlop latex. That being said, it will still give you support without sagging quickly!
The GhostBed is also one of the best firm mattresses on this list. This makes it a good pick for stomach sleepers and those who simply like something firmer. Heavier back sleepers could also get a balance of comfort and support.
There’s a lot to like about the GhostBed – an affordable, firm, latex mattress that won’t sag!
What Makes The GhostBed Stand Out?
- It is a durable latex mattress sold for a value price.
- The GhostBed is firm and a great fit for stomach sleeping.
- It features cooling materials to keep you from overheating at night.
Read the full GhostBed mattress review
Ghostbed is a very supportive mattress that is ideal for back and stomach sleepers, and it is also a great value - right now, customers can get 30% off the GhostBed and 2 free pillows.
Best Budget Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid
When you’re shopping for a mattress that won’t sag, you might find yourself paying more for those durable materials. If you want a durable mattress that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, check out the Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding is a company that is all about giving you the best deal possible. Unlike many mattress brands, Brooklyn Bedding owns their own factory, allowing them to pass the savings onto the consumer.
While you’ll be paying less than $1000 for a Queen-size mattress, you can expect the Signature Hybrid to last for a number of years. This is because it features TitanFlex and Energex foam as well as Ascension Coils (all durable materials).
You also have your choice of three firmness levels, allowing you to find the perfect fit for you.
What Makes The Brooklyn Bedding Stand Out?
- It is a high-quality, durable mattress that is also budget-friendly.
- The Brooklyn Bedding comes in three firmnesses.
- The mattress is breathable and a good fit for hot sleepers.
Read the full Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid mattress review
Brooklyn Bedding has amazing products that are sold at very affordable prices. Click the button and use code INDEPENDENCE25 to save 25% on your purchase.
Best Foam Mattress
One of the issues with all-foam mattresses is that they are prone to sagging. Believe us, there’s nothing worse than when your bed turns into a canoe. If you want an all-foam mattress that won’t act like this, take a look at the Bear mattress.
The Bear mattress features three foam layers – gel memory foam over a transition layer, over a base foam layer. All three layers are high-density and should stand up to years of use. Put another way, the Bear shouldn’t be turning into a canoe!
The mattress is also a great option for hot sleepers, due to its gel infusion and Celliant cover. Both materials should draw heat away from your body and keep you cooler throughout the night.
This Celliant cover also makes the Bear a great option for athletes and active people. The material is designed to promote blood flow and help you recover more quickly after a workout.
What Makes The Bear Stand Out?
- It features a great balance of comfort and support, making it a good fit for back sleepers and side sleepers.
- The Bear features high-density foam that should not sag quickly.
- The mattress boasts cooling features to keep you from overheating during the night.
Read the full Bear mattress review
The Bear mattresses sleep cool and are quite comfortable. Mattress customers can get 25% off the Bear mattress plus a free $250 gift set. Use code CLARITY25 to save.
Best Mattress Under $1,000
The Purple is one of the most durable mattresses I have come across because it features a proprietary hyper-elastic gel polymer in its construction. The polymer forms a gel grid that is much significantly more durable than the foams one finds in many bed-in-a-box mattresses, and it shouldn’t sag even after many years of use.
The original Purple mattress has 2″ of this proprietary gel grid on top of foam and, while this is a very durable mattress, the Purple Hybrid and Hybrid Premier mattresses should be even more durable. These mattresses include high-grade coils and thick gel grid layers so, if someone is a significantly larger person or wants a thicker comfort layer, these Purple Hybrid mattresses might be a better choice.
Besides being very durable, the Purple mattresses are also an exceptional fit for all three sleeping positions. The proprietary gel grid is designed to stay flat and particularly supportive until a certain amount of pressure is applied and, when this happens, the grid collapses just in that specific area.
When someone is on their back, the mattress just collapses under their hips and butt; when they’re on their side, it collapses under their shoulders and hips; on their stomach, the mattress does not really collapse at all. All in all, the mattress offers a fantastic balance of comfort and support.
What Makes The Purple Stand Out?
- The proprietary gel grid polymer is an extremely durable material, and it shouldn’t sag like many foams are known to do.
- Those wanting even more durability can take a look at the Purple Hybrid or Purple Hybrid Premier mattresses.
- The gel grid makes the Purple a fantastic match for all three sleeping positions.
- The mattress allows for quite a bit of airflow, so it is temperature-neutral and should be a fantastic match for hot sleepers.
Check out the full Purple mattress review.
Purple is an innovative mattress that is a great fit for all three sleeping positions and doesn't sleep hot. Click the button below to get free accessories with your purchase.
Best Latex That Won’t Sag
If you’re looking for a flippable latex mattress that won’t sag, the Zenhaven is the perfect choice.
Made with all-natural materials, the Zenhaven mattress is also a fantastic eco-friendly choice. It has a soft cover made out of organic cotton, a layer of flame-retardant wool, and some luxurious Talalay Latex foam. Its unique construction gives the mattress a bouncy and responsive feel.
And because it’s flippable, you can choose your desired firmness level. The Gentle Firm side is best for back sleepers, and the Luxury Plush side best suits back and side sleepers.
The Zenhaven mattress is also a great choice for hot sleepers. Latex is naturally breathable, so it won’t trap heat like memory foam often does. Rest assured, the Zenhaven mattress shouldn’t cause you to wake up feeling clammy and dehydrated in the middle of the night.
What Makes Zenhaven Stand Out?
- It is flippable, so you can choose the best firmness level for your sleep needs.
- It’s made with eco-friendly materials, and the Talalay Latex helps sleepers stay cool at night.
- It’s more affordable than many other latex mattresses on the market, and it will last a long time.
- It has a bouncy and responsive feel.
Read our Zenhaven mattress review.
Zenhaven is an all-natural latex mattress that is innovative and has an excellent match of comfort and support. Save $200 on Zenhaven by clicking the button below.
Marten is a staff writer for us, and he has a much different body type than me (he is 6’7″ and weighs about 230 lb while I am 5’9″ and weigh 160 lbs) – here is what he thought about these mattresses:
First, I reviewed the WinkBed Plus which is made specifically for larger people like me. It’s extremely supportive and durable because there are high-density foams on top and particularly high-grade coils beneath that shouldn’t sag.
Then, we have the GhostBed, which was very supportive and a particularly good fit for me when I was lying on my back and stomach.
The Purple is a fantastic choice for heavier sleepers who sleep in any position; it’s a great fit whether I am on my back, side, or stomach.
It seems Marten thought all ten mattresses could be a good fit for him, and this is not extremely surprising given that these are all very durable mattresses, and durability is usually accompanied by a decent amount of support.
RELATED: Best Firm Mattress
What Should Someone Consider When Finding A Mattress That Won’t Sag?
- What is the density of the foam found in the mattress? Mattresses often sag because there is a layer of low-density foam somewhere in the construction so, if someone wants a foam mattress that won’t sag, they should pay close attention to the foam density. If someone chooses a mattress that is 2.5- or 3-lb foam, it might start to sag but, if they pick a mattress with 4- or 5-lb density foam, this should help the mattress last longer.
- What type of foam is featured in the mattress? Along with density, it is also important to consider the type of foams that are featured in the mattress. If someone wants a mattress that won’t sag, latex foam is going to be particularly good because it is responsive, bouncy, and durable; this natural product can handle heavier weights without sagging.
- Does the mattress feature coils in its construction? If someone wants a mattress that isn’t going to sag, they should take a look at something with innerspring coils because these add an extra level of support and durability. The coils will help support heavier weights while also fighting significant sagging in the mattress.
- Make sure you get the right support system. Getting the right support can keep your mattress from sagging too quickly. Your mattress could require a special foundation or box spring.
- How often should you replace your mattress? Think about how long the mattress is going to last and when it might be time to switch up.
Here’s a recap of our top picks for the best mattresses that won’t sag:
|Saatva HD||Best Mattress For Heavy People|
|Nectar||Best Value Mattress That Won’t Sag|
|Puffy||Best Soft Mattress That Won’t Sag|
|DreamCloud||Best Hybrid Mattress That Won’t Sag|
|GhostBed||Best Firm Mattress|
|Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid||Best Budget Mattress|
|Bear Original||Best Foam Mattress|
|Purple||Best Mattress Under $1000|
|Zenhaven||Best Latex That Won’t Sag|
Sagging mattresses are the worst and those who want to avoid sagging should consider one of these ten mattresses. Those who want to look elsewhere should just make sure the mattress has high-density foams and/or coils and then lie back and enjoy their durable, long-lasting mattress.
Still wondering about the best mattresses that won’t sag? We’ve got you covered. Take a look at our FAQ section below.
Do memory foam mattresses sag?
Low-quality memory foam mattresses have a tendency to sag. To avoid this, make sure you find a bed made with high-density foam. These beds will last much longer – about 7 – 10 years. If you’re especially worried about a sagging mattress, opt for a hybrid model made with springs and memory foam. The supportive coils underneath should keep the mattress in good condition for many years.
Can a bed frame cause a mattress to sag?
Yes. If your bed frame isn’t supportive enough, your mattress could sag. The same goes for box springs. If your current box spring can’t support your mattress’s weight, the bed might dip and sag.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.