Zenhaven is a unique addition to the online-only mattress market. It is a mattress aiming to compete with the very top luxury brands and consists of all-natural latex.
I was definitely interested to test it out given that is so unique compared to the other mattresses I have reviewed.
You May Like Zenhaven If You…
- Want A “Green” Mattress That’s Actually Natural– Many mattress companies make false claims about how green their products are (when they are in fact using synthetic latex, not natural latex). Zenhaven stands out in that it uses 100% natural Talalay latex, meaning it is actually all-natural/organic. If you are worried about chemicals, allergies, dust mites, etc., then this could be a great option for you.
- You Want A Luxury Mattress And Value – This mattress is taking aim at the very top luxury brands (in terms of specs) while using the online-only business model to cut out excess costs. A comparable mattress generally costs 2x this price in stores.
- You Want A Balanced Feel – Zenhaven has the contouring ability of memory foam without the feeling of sinking in the mattress. If you want pressure-point relief without some of the drawbacks of memory foam, this may be a good option for you.
- You Want A Durable Mattress (long lasting) – Though this mattress is relatively new to market, the latex used in this mattress is very durable. I suspect the mattress will hold up very well over time.
- You Are Worried About Getting The Right Firmness Level – This mattress is flippable, meaning it has two firmness options in one.
You May Not Want To Get A Zenhaven If:
- You’re Shopping On A Budget – This is a true luxury mattress, so it may not fall in some people’s budget (try my best under 1k for a level down).
- You Like The Memory Foam Sinking In Feel – Some people enjoy the feeling of sleeping “in” their mattress. This sinking in feel tends to be love it or hate it based on my experience. Zenhaven is more of a balanced feel where it contours well but you don’t have that sinking in feel. You feel like you are sleeping “on” the mattress.
- You Don’t Plan On Having The Mattress For Very Long– This is a mattress built with very durable materials. This is best for people viewing their purchase as a long-term investment. If you don’t plan on having your mattress for very long then the value of getting this mattress specifically will be less.
See How Zenhaven Compares To Other Mattress Options Here
- All-Natural Talalay Latex – The mattress uses all-natural talalay latex. This means the mattress will be highly durable, have a balanced feel, be resilient/bouncy, and be devoid of any toxic chemicals. The latex is derived from South America and is more consistent and durable than latex coming from Sri Lanka.
- Flippable – The mattress is “flippable,” which means there are two comfort layers in one. If you are worried about getting the right firmness level, this is a great solution that can alleviate those fears.
- Zoned Construction– The mattress is “zoned,” meaning it is constructed to provide more support where the heavier parts of your body are. From my experience, this means greater spinal alignment and it should be great for those looking to reduce back pain. It also means the mattress will be more durable.
The video below shows off what you can expect from the two sides of the mattress. There is a pretty clear difference between the firm and the soft side. Both sides are very bouncy/resilient, which is not unexpected given that it is natural latex.
The video below shows off the motion isolation of the mattress. It does a pretty good job at isolating motion. It’s not as good as a memory foam mattress, but it still does okay.
Adjustable Base Friendly?
The video below shows that the Zenhaven does work well with an adjustable base.
Other Things To Note
- Given the latex construction, the mattress will have great resilience/bounce
- The natural latex used in this mattress has an open-celled structure that makes it very breathable. The mattress slept very cool in my sleep trial.
- The mattress will be hand delivered, not shipped in a box.
- If you ever need to move the mattress, you should know that it’s very heavy (latex is a very heavy material).
- This mattress comes from the same company that makes Saatva and Loom And Leaf. They have a reputation for great customer service.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- This mattress isn’t technically 100% organic, but it is as close as you can get without being 100% natural. You will see a lot of companies say their mattress is “Green” or “eco-friendly.” This is one mattress where that is actually true.
- The fact that the mattress is flippable is pretty rare. It’s a pretty cool feature to have, although in reality I’m not sure just how many people will really reap the benefits of a flippable mattress.
- Natural latex is very durable, so if you want to have your next mattress for a long time, Zenhaven is certainly a good choice.
- This mattress is very bouncy. It immediately responds when you move about the mattress. This means you feel more that you sleep “on” the mattress rather than “in” it.
- This mattress is also very heavy. That’s only a big deal if you will have to move your mattress multiple times for whatever reason.
Personally I get a little upset by all the false advertising around natural products in the mattress market, so I’m glad that Zenhaven has delivered a top quality product at a (relatively) affordable price.
I really enjoyed sleeping on the mattress. I really like latex, so a mattress of this quality was a real treat. If it is in your price range, I would recommend giving it a strong look.