Zenhaven and Casper are two popular mattress brands that offer consumers different things. People still wonder how the two compare to one another. I’ll go over the main similarities and differences in this article to help you make a more informed decision if you are deciding between the two.
- Similar business model
- Both come from well-respected companies
- Both have great sleep trial periods and return policies
- Casper uses a combination of memory foam and polyfoam; Zenhaven uses all-natural talalay latex
- The Zenhaven is bouncier than the Casper
- The Zenhaven is much heavier than the Casper
- The Zenhaven is more durable than the Casper
- Zenhaven is about $1,000 more expensive for a Queen than the Casper
Casper Construction Takeaways
- Casper uses a polyfoam over memory foam construction. The polyfoam is called “comfort foam” and has many latex-like qualities. The combination of the layers means you get some bounce and the sinking in and contouring of memory foam.
Zenhaven Construction Takeaways
- The mattress is flippable, meaning there are two firmness levels in one. If you think one side is too soft, then you can flip the mattress over and try the firmer side.
- The mattress uses all-natural talalay latex. This makes the mattress about as “green” as you can possibly get. The natural latex is very durable and it is also very bouncy.
- The mattress is zoned, meaning it is more supportive in the middle of the mattress where you need it most. This also enhances durability.
You Might Want To Pick Zenhaven If:
- You Want More Bounce– The Zenhaven is bouncier/more resilient than the Casper is, so if that’s the type of feel you are looking for, Zenhaven is the way to go.
- You Want An Organic Mattress– Zenhaven uses natural materials, so if you want a “green” mattress, Zenhaven is the clear choice.
- Durability Is A Key Issue For You– The natural latex used in the Zenhaven is very durable, more so than polyfoam or memory foam. The mattress should last you a long time.
- You’re Not 100% Sure Which Firmness Level You Want– The Zenhaven is flippable, so you have two firmness levels in one. This maximizes the chances that you’ll get a good firmness level fit for you.
You Might Want To Pick Casper If:
- You Want Less Bounce And More Sinking In– Using memory foam as part of the comfort layer means you will have less bounce than the Zenhaven. It also means you will have more of a feeling of sinking in feel.
- You Are On A Budget– If you really can’t decide between the two, then the Casper will at least give you the opportunity to save some money. The price difference is fairly substantial.
- You Want A More Established Mattress– Zenhaven is still new, so you won’t be able to read as many reviews of it as you would the Casper.
Which Should You Pick?
These are two very different mattresses, so hopefully once you reflect on your budget and the type of feel you are looking for, the decision will be clear.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Beautyrest Black Online Mattress Review – Luxury Comfort And Support? - November 19, 2019
- Zinus Vs AmazonBasics Comparison – Which Online Mattress Wins Out? - November 11, 2019
- AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress Review – A Comfortable Value? - November 8, 2019