WinkBeds is a very popular online mattress brand. There are all about options, and they offer four different models. You can get the Soft model if you are a lighter side sleeper or you can pick up the Plus model if you are a larger person.
I received the WinkBeds Luxury Firm, the company’s most popular mattress. Though they have changed the design slightly, it is still a hybrid mattress with a tufted cover and two layers of coils. I was a fan of this mattress the first time I reviewed it, and I was excited to try the new design.
Is this popular hybrid mattress a good fit for you? Read on for my full review.
You Might Want To Pick The WinkBeds If:
- You sleep in all three positions. If you move around at night and sleep in numerous positions, the WinkBeds should work for you. It has a great balance of comfort and support. You should feel properly supported when you are on your back and stomach, and you should feel little pressure when you are on your side.
- You are a hot sleeper. If you are prone to overheating while you sleep, this mattress should be a good choice. The mattress features two coil layers, and they promote airflow throughout the mattress. The Luxury Firm should be a cooler sleeping mattress.
- You need a supportive mattress. These steel coils also make this a very supportive mattress. If you have extra support needs or sleep mainly on your back, the WinkBeds Luxury Firm should be a good match.
- You want a long-lasting mattress. The WinkBeds mattress contains coils and other durable materials. This means it should be longer-lasting than most bed in a box mattresses.
Save $50 when buying a Winkbeds mattress + foundation
You Might Not Want To Pick The WinkBeds If:
- You are a stomach sleeper. If sleep primarily in this position, the Luxury Firm model might not give you enough support. Your hips might sink too far into the mattress, taking you out of alignment. If you are a stomach sleeper, I would consider the WinkBeds Firm model.
- You want a very firm or very soft mattress. In my experience, the Luxury Firm model is a medium-firm mattress. It is really right down in the middle in terms of firmness. If you prefer a very firm or very soft mattress, take a look at the Soft model or Firm model.
- You like to sink into your mattress. The Luxury Firm model is a spring mattress with a pillow top. While it does offer nice pressure relief, you really don’t sink into the mattress. If you want to sink into your mattress, a memory foam mattress is probably a better choice.
- You sleep with a partner. The mattress handles motion transfer decently for a spring mattress. That being said, if you sleep with a partner and don’t want to feel them moving around on their side of the mattress, a memory foam mattress is going to be better for you.
RELATED: Best Mattresses For Couples
- The mattress is 14” tall.
- The cover is tufted and woven with a Tencel fabric. It is quilted with 1” of gel-infused Hypersoft foam and 1” of Premium Gel foam.
- Then, there is a 2.5” layer of foam encased microcoils.
- Next, there is the LumbarLayer, 1” of high-density foam.
- This is followed by 7.5” of foam encased individually wrapped pocket coils.
- Finally, there are 2” of a support foam.
- The mattress is made in the USA.
RELATED: What Is The Most Comfortable Mattress?
- The mattress is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
- The two top foam layers give the mattress a soft, pillow top feel. They should relieve pressure quite well.
- The layer of microcoils helps with contouring, deeper pressure relief, and support.
- The tall layer of coils plus the layer of microcoils ensure that this is a very supportive mattress. Even larger people should find the support they need on the Luxury Firm mattress. However, if you are over 250 lbs, you should consider the Firm or Plus models.
- This should be a very breathable mattress. The two layers of coils promote airflow throughout the mattress, so this should be a cooler sleeping mattress.
- The dual coils also mean this is a long-lasting mattress. The coils are very durable, so the mattress should stand up to years of wear and tear.
Hot This Mattress Compares To The WinkBeds Soft
The Soft model and Luxury Firm model are different in a few ways. First, the Soft model is softer than the Luxury Firm. The Soft feels like a 5/10, softer than average, and the Luxury Firm feels like a 6.5/10, just about average.
While their constructions are quite similar, the Soft model has another soft foam layer on top, giving it a more plush feel. Because of this, you should sink further into the Soft model.
The Soft model should be a better choice for most side sleepers. The Luxury Firm does have good pressure relief, but not as good as that of the softer mattress. The Luxury Firm, on the other hand, should be a better fit for combination sleepers. It has a better balance of comfort and support.
Firmness And Feel
The Luxury Firm model feels like a 6.5/10, average in terms of firmness. There are very soft foam layers on top, and then there are some firmer support layers. These combine to give it a medium firmness.
Lying on my back, I feel very well supported. In addition, the top foam layers conform to the shape of my body. These foam layers also relieve pressure on my shoulders and hips as I lie on my side. However, on my stomach, I could use more support. The Luxury Firm might be too soft for me in this position. Those who sleep primarily on their stomach might want to look at the WinkBeds Firm.
That being said, this medium-firm mattress should be a good match for combination sleepers. It is supportive enough for back sleepers and some stomach sleepers. It is also comfortable enough for side sleepers.
Overall, the mattress has a traditional innerspring feel with a pillow top. There is a bit of bounce, so it should be easy to move around on the mattress. There is a balance of soft comfort and good support.
If you sleep with a partner, you should consider how well you will sleep if they move around on the other side of the bed.
When it comes to motion transfer, innerspring and hybrid mattresses aren’t the best. So, I wasn’t surprised by how the WinkBeds Luxury Firm performed during my tests.
I pushed into the mattress around a glass of water. The glass was disturbed somewhat. When Marten moved around on one side of the mattress, I did feel his movements.
For a mattress with springs, the motion transfer isn’t too bad on the WinkBeds. That being said, if you are really worried about your partner waking you up at night, I would consider an all-foam mattress.
While hybrids and innerspring mattresses may not feature the best motion transfer, they are usually great with edge support. In addition, the WinkBeds Luxury Firm has an extraEDGE foam encasement designed specifically to help with edge support.
Sitting near the edge of this mattress, it barely compresses. I feel very secure sitting there. Also, when I lie down near the edge of the mattress, I don’t feel like I am going to roll off. All in all, the edge support is very nice on the WinkBeds Plus.
You can see the great edge support in the photo below.
Marten is a staff writer for us. He has a much different body type from me. He is 6’7″ and weighs about 230 lbs (I am 5’9″ and 160 lbs.). Here is what he thought about these mattresses:
In terms of firmness, I said the Luxury Firm was a 7/10.
Lying on my back, I feel really nice support. My hips sink into the pillow top just the right amount. When I’m on my side, I feel really nice pressure relief. I feel barely any pressure on my shoulders and hips. While I feel decent support when I am on my stomach, it is not quite enough for someone my size. I bow in at the hips a bit.
I have also reviewed the WinkBeds Plus which is made for larger people like myself. That being said, I weigh 230 lbs. The WinkBeds Plus is rated for people in the 300 lb range. So, even though I am a larger person, I felt better on the Luxury Firm model. I felt more comfortable overall.
While the WinkBeds Plus is made specifically for larger people, those in Marten’s weight range (around 230 lbs.) could get the support and comfort they need on the WinkBeds Luxury Firm. However, if you are around 300 lbs or more, you should take a look at the WinkBeds Plus.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out
- It should be a great match for combination sleepers. It has a nice mix of comfort and support.
- The WinkBeds Plus should work for most hot sleepers. The mattress has two coil layers that promote airflow throughout the mattress.
- It should be a long-lasting mattress. The coils in this mattress high-grade and the foams are also very durable. This should be a nice long-term investment.
- Back sleepers who need extra support should find the WinkBeds Plus to be a good fit. The dual coil layers should hold up sleepers of many sizes.
Save $50 when buying a Winkbeds mattress + foundation
If you are a combination sleeper and you worry about sleeping hot, the WinkBeds Luxury Firm could be the mattress for you. Also, if you need something softer or firmer, there are multiple options in WinkBeds’ line of mattresses.
The mattress comes with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty, 120-Night Risk-Free Trial, and Free Shipping and Returns. Financing is also available.