I was excited to try the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss because it is the first mattress anywhere near this price range that I’ve tried that actually has 100% natural latex (most mattress companies imply they do, but didn’t come anywhere close).
I knew that if the mattress feel and comfort was any good, we’d have a winner (and I think we do). However I have a few complaints as well.
The feel is unique and won’t be for everyone, but at the same time I think a lot of people will like it. It will also be very durable as well, so it will be a great value if you plan on having the mattress for a long time.
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’1′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSjiw9dlhXM[/responsive_video]
You will love the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss if…
- You want a natural/organic mattress – many mattress companies will tell you a mattress is organic/natural, but really they’re lying and mixing in synthetic materials. And when I say many, I mean MOST. But PlushBeds is the real deal, all natural.
- You like a foam mattress with some spring – The Botanical Bliss is natural latex, which has more spring to it than memory foam. If you like the comfort and support of memory foam, but don’t like the “stuck in the bed” feeling, then latex is a good option.
- You want value – PlushBeds runs their own factory (in the USA) and ships your mattress directly to your door, so they’re better than anyone at cutting out middle men and delivering great value to the customer.
- You want to sleep cool – Latex is a great material for a mattress to sleep cool, and this checked out with my experience with the Botanical Bliss.
My PlushBeds Complaints
- Price – though Botanical Bliss is delivery great value for a natural mattress, if you don’t value the natural part, the price is going to seem very steep.
- If heavier, get a thicker model – I tried the 9″ Botanical Bliss, and I think being on the heavier side (~200 lbs) that I should have opted for a 10″ or 12″ model.
- Weight – latex is HEAVY. This is definitely the heaviest mattress I reviewed, so make sure that you consider this if you will be moving the mattress with any regularity.
Firmness and Feel
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTH13jSFbhA[/responsive_video]
As you can see the latex makes for a nice spring to it. This makes it easier to move around and get out of bed without feeling stuck in the mattress.
If you are sleeping with a partner, you will want to consider the motion transfer of the mattress so that you don’t disturb each other at night. Latex generally performs quite well with this test, and the Botanical Bliss is no exception. See the video below for my test results.
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNmoqVfkxLM[/responsive_video]
Again the key with the Botanical Bliss is that all latex is actually natural (the company imports it directly from Sri Lanka). The 9″ model is made up of:
- Organic cotton cover – The cotton was grown without any pesticides or herbicides, and knit (rather than woven), which is thought to make a cover more breathable.
- 2 inches of natural Talalay latex – this latex comfort layer provides the primary comfort and support for the mattress, making it very buoyant.
- 7 inches of ARPICO organic natural latex – ARPICO latex is certified to have no fillers, dyes, carcinogenic adhesives, chemicals, or pesticides
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h46ZeB3pao[/responsive_video]
I personally really value the idea of a truly natural mattress, so based on that alone I think that PlushBeds has done a great job with the mattress. I had a good sleeping experience, though I wish that I had gotten a 10″ or 12″ model instead of the 9″. Overall I think if you like the feel of latex and can afford/want to pay for an all-natural mattress, PlushBeds is a great option.
- Actually natural latex (a rarity)
- Great materials and durability
- Firmness and thickness options
- Higher price than non-natural options
- Very heavy/difficult to move