Amerisleep is a company that has a popular line of memory foam mattresses. They put extra time and care into the construction of their mattresses, resulting in great quality with a few features that make them stand out in the crowded mattress market.
Though generally I’m a big fan of Amerisleep, I have some complaints as well. I like their concept of having a line of mattresses that are all catered to different types of sleepers. If you believe that there’s no one best mattress for everyone, then Amerisleep might be a good company to take a look at. Anyways, read on for my full Amerisleep review.
Amerisleep Mattresses I Have Reviewed
AS4 (formerly known as Colonial)
This mattress is great for side sleepers and for some combo sleepers. It has extra measures put into its construction to help you sleep extra cool. See my full Amerisleep AS4 review.
AS3 (formerly known as Liberty)
This is the one mattress that is great for all types of sleepers. It is also one of the most popular models and comes at a very affordable price. All in all, it’s a great value and can be a good fit for a lot of different types of sleepers. If you have average sleeping preferences, then I would take a look at this model. See my full Amerisleep AS3 review.
AS2 (formerly known as Revere)
This mattress is specifically tailored to stomach and back sleepers. It is also one of the more popular models. See my full Amerisleep AS2 review.
Common Themes Across All Amerisleep Mattresses
- Celliant Cover– There are numerous studies that show celliant can have certain health benefits. I would encourage you to look into these studies for yourself (I’m not a scientist so can’t vouch for the claims myself). If true, having celliant in the cover could produce more restful sleep on top of other health benefits.
- Bio-Based Foams– Rather than having 100% petroleum-based foams, Amerisleep mattresses use bio-based foams. For me, that means a slightly greener product and typically a cooler sleeping environment.
- Memory Foam Feel While Still Responsive– Amerisleep mattresses have the quicksand memory foam feel, but they are much more responsive than most other memory foam mattresses. That means the foam returns to its normal shape fairly quickly and you won’t have the feeling of getting stuck in your mattress.
- Each Mattress Caters To A Certain Type Of Sleeper– Amerisleep doesn’t believe that there is one best mattress for everyone. That’s why it created a line of 5 mattress models that have a different firmness level and are catered to certain types of sleepers. Make sure you understand which type of sleeper the model you are looking at is catered to.
- Sleep Cool– With celliant in the cover, bio-based foams, and a few other characteristics, all Amerisleep mattresses do a really great job at sleeping cool. This addresses one of the most common complaints that memory foam mattress owners have.
- Unique Manufacturing Process– The company has a very unique closed air manufacturing process that is a much more “green” way of manufacturing. It also makes for more durable foams.
You Will Love Amerisleep If…
- You Don’t Believe There Is One Best Mattress For Everybody– Amerisleep has a line of five mattresses that are catered to different types of sleepers. Their philosophy is they will have greater success if they match their line of mattresses with the individual sleeping preferences of consumers. This contrasts with the one mattress for everyone philosophy at other companies. If you believe having different options with different firmness levels is a good idea, then Amerisleep is a good company to look at.
- You Like The Memory Foam Feel– All of Amerisleep’s mattresses have a memory foam feel. That means the foams are somewhat slow-moving (although less than most other memory foam) and you slowly sink into them.
- You Want To Sink Into The Mattress A Bit But Don’t Like The Feeling Of Getting Stuck– Memory foam has a nice feel of pressure relief and the sensation of sinking into the mattress a bit. Memory foam can be very slow-moving, however, and some people feel like they get stuck in the mattress. That’s not really the case with Amerisleep mattresses. Their foam is much more responsive than normal memory foam, so you get great pressure relief without the feeling of getting stuck.
- You Sleep With A Partner– All Amerisleep mattresses do a fantastic job at isolating motion. That means if your partner moves around, you generally will not be disturbed by their movement. Amerisleep uses high-density memory foam in its comfort layer, and that is what makes it so effective at isolating motion.
- You Want A Foam Mattress But Want To Make Sure You Sleep Cool– Out of all the memory foam mattresses I have slept on, I would argue that all the Amerisleep mattresses I’ve tried have had the coolest sleeping surface. People often complain about memory foam and sleeping hot, but that has not been the case ever for me with Amerisleep. The celliant cover combines nicely with bio-based foams and a more open-celled foam structure to produce a nice, breathable sleeping surface that doesn’t get hot.
You Might Not Like Amerisleep If…
- You Prefer A Traditional Innerspring Feel– If you’ve had success with traditional spring mattresses, then you might not want to get an Amerisleep. The feel is going to be very different and would at least take some time to get used to. With innerspring mattresses, you feel more like you are sleeping “on” the mattress than “in” the mattress, much more so than with Amerisleep mattresses.
- You Like The Bounce Of Latex– Latex is known for being very bouncy/responsive. While Amerisleep mattresses are more responsive than most other memory foam mattresses, they don’t have the bounce of a latex mattress. If that is something you are looking for, then you might want to check elsewhere.
- You Don’t Want To Pay For The Extras In The Construction– All Amerisleep mattresses have extra costs put into their construction. These things include a celliant cover, bio-based foams, and certain modifications to make the mattress sleep cooler. If you don’t ever sleep hot and/or don’t think you’d care/want the extras, then maybe there’s a simpler mattress out there for you at a lower price.
How Do The Amerisleep Mattresses Compare?
I’ve written a couple of articles comparing the main models to each other. See the links to those below.
The biggest difference between the most popular Amerisleep mattresses is the firmness/feel. Check out how these three compare below:
Amerisleep is definitely a quality line of mattresses, one that I recommend wholeheartedly. If you are looking for a high quality memory foam mattress and like some of the unique construction aspects of Amerisleep, check out my comparisons to help determine which model is best for your sleeping needs.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- 5 Best Firm Mattresses 2019 - June 13, 2019
- Lucid Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Value? - June 3, 2019
- Linenspa Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review – Affordable Comfort? - May 30, 2019