The Saatva and Zenhaven mattresses are made by the same company (the Saatva company). As a result, you can expect a lot of similarities when buying either one. They have similar sleep trial periods, return policies, etc. However, the two mattress are substantially different in their construction, so in my opinion there should generally be a pretty clear choice for you if you are looking at these two mattresses. I’ll try to highlight the major differences to help you if you are making the final decision of Saatva vs Zenhaven.
- Made by the same company
- Online-only business model
- Great cost savings/value
- Similar trial periods, return policies
- Great customer service
- Both have firmness options
- Saatva is an innerspring mattress, while Zenhaven is all natural latex
- Zenhaven uses more premium/costly materials
- Zenhaven is bouncier/more resilient
- Saatva has some green materials, but Zenhaven uses only 100% green materials
- Zenhaven will most likely be more durable over time
- Zenhaven is much heavier
Reasons You Might Want To Pick Zenhaven
- All-Natural– While Saatva does use fairly green materials, Zenhaven uses all-natural materials. If you want to go all the way green, then Zenhaven would be the choice for you.
- You Want Your Mattress For A Long Time– Saatva has good durability, but the latex in Zenhaven is extremely durable. If you plan on having your mattress for a very long time, then this might be a factor for you.
- You Want Extra Bounce/Resilience– Saatva does have good bounce, but the latex in Zenhaven gives extra bounce/resilience. This means when you move around in the bed, the mattress responds immediately to your movements.
Reasons You Might Want To Pick Saatva
- Save Money– The Saatva does cost considerably less than the Zenhaven because of how costly the materials are in the Zenhaven. If you are on a budget or don’t think you’ll have the mattress forever, then Saatva may be the way to go.
- You Prefer The Traditional Innerspring Feel– If you have traditionally slept on innerspring mattresses and are used to that feel, then you would probably prefer the Saatva over the Zenhaven.
I think these two mattresses are different enough that you should be able to make a clear decision. If you have the budget and want a completely green mattress, then certainly the Zenhaven is the choice for you. If you don’t want to spend as much money, and you want a more traditional mattress, then Saatva will be the one for you. Either one is a good choice, but do some quick research and you should be able to tell which one is best for you.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Vs Mint – Which Mattress Is Right For You? - September 4, 2019
- WinkBeds EcoCloud Mattress Review – Great For Hot Sleepers? - August 19, 2019
- WinkBeds MemoryLux Mattress Review – Made For Combination Sleepers? - August 5, 2019