EzoBed has gathered some attention for its very affordable mattresses, so I was excited to give it a try for myself. I personally tested the 12 inch queen, which is the most expensive in their line, but still priced below $500 (with available discount).
Overall I liked the mattress, but had a few small complaints as well. Read on for my full breakdown and EzoBed mattress review.
Who Might love EzoBed…
- Those who want a great value – EzoBed offers a great sleeping experience at a fraction of the cost of other major mattress brands, even the most popular online options
- People who sleep with a partner – in my video below people can see that the mattress does great with motion isolation, making it a good option for couples.
- Those who want a socially oriented company – EzoBed donates 1 mattress for every 10 sold, providing homeless shelters with a nice mattress upgrade.
- People who want a specific firmness – EzoBed has a few options to choose from, so shoppers can hone in on their firmness/construction that suits their sleeping style (I think it is a good mattress for side sleepers).
Who Might not like EzoBed…
- Those who are looking for a luxury mattress – EzoBed is great value, but if someone is looking for a luxury memory foam mattress, they can get more elsewhere if they pay (a good bit) more.
- People who want a mattress with “bounce” – if people are used to a spring, latex, or hybrid mattress, know that EzoBed is really a pure memory foam feel, aka fairly slow to respond foam.
Firmness and Feel
EzoBed has the pure memory foam mattress feel. It is slow to respond, but offers a great comfort/support tradeoff.
The 12 inch mattress is a bit softer than average, I think it would be ideal for side sleepers as a result.
EzoBed is all memory foam, so as expected it performs very well in the motion transfer test. A bed with great motion isolation like EzoBed is a good mattress for couples, especially if one (or both) are known to toss and turn throughout the night.
EzoBed is very transparent about their construction and foams, which is always a good sign. The mattress is 12 inches thick in total, and consists of:
- 2 inches of 2.5 lb density open cell memory foam
- 3 inches of 1.56 lb density open cell memory foam with breathable wave technology
- 6 inches of high density reflex base foam
The cover is quilted bamboo with blue microsuede side covering.
Other things to note
- EzoBed is sold only online
- The mattress has a standard 10 year warranty
- They have a 110 night sleep trial (return any time within this window for a full refund)
EzoBed is definitely a great value, and offered me a good night’s sleep. There are very few good quality beds in this price range, so if someone is looking for a memory foam mattress in this budget, I haven’t reviewed a mattress better than EzoBed yet.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.