EzoBed has gathered some attention for its very affordable mattresses, so I was excited to give it a try for myself. I personally tested the 12 inch queen, which is the most expensive in their line, but still priced below $500 (with available discount).
Overall I liked the mattress, but had a few small complaints as well. Read on for my full EzoBed mattress review.
You will love EzoBed if you…
- Want great value – EzoBed offers a great sleeping experience at a fraction of the cost of other major mattress brands, even the most popular online options
- Sleep with a partner – in my video below you can see that the mattress does great with motion isolation, making it a good option for couples.
- Want a socially oriented company – EzoBed donates 1 mattress for every 10 sold, providing homeless shelters with a nice mattress upgrade.
- Want a specific firmness – EzoBed has a few options to choose from, so you can hone in on your firmness/construction that suits your sleeping style (I think it is a good option for side sleepers).
You may not like EzoBed if you…
- Are looking for a luxury mattress – EzoBed is great value, but if you’re looking for a luxury memory foam mattress, you can get more elsewhere if you pay (a good bit) more.
- Want a mattress with “bounce” – if you are used to a spring, latex, or hybrid mattress, know that EzoBed is really a pure memory foam feel, aka fairly slow to respond foam.
Firmness and Feel
EzoBed has the pure memory foam mattress feel. It is slow to respond, but offers a great comfort/support tradeoff.
The 12 inch mattress is a bit softer than average, I think it would be ideal for side sleepers.
EzoBed is all memory foam, so as expected it performs very well in the motion transfer test. A bed with great motion isolation like EzoBed is a good mattress for couples, especially if one (or both) are known to toss and turn throughout the night.
EzoBed is very transparent about their construction and foams, which is always a good sign. The mattress is 12 inches thick in total, and consists of:
- 2 inches of 2.5 lb density open cell memory foam
- 3 inches of 1.56 lb density open cell memory foam with breathable wave technology
- 6 inches of high density reflex base foam
The cover is quilted bamboo with blue microsuede side covering.
Other things to note
- EzoBed is sold only online
- The mattress has a standard 10 year warranty
- They have a 110 night sleep trial (return any time within this window for a full refund)
EzoBed is definitely a great value, and offered me a good night’s sleep. There are very few good quality beds in this price range, so if you’re looking for a memory foam mattress in this budget, I haven’t reviewed a mattress better than EzoBed.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Layla Vs Tuft And Needle Mattress Comparison – Which Will You Choose? - November 9, 2018
- 5 Best Mattresses For Back Pain - November 8, 2018
- Bear Mattress, Pillow, and Sheets Giveaway! - November 6, 2018