EzoBed has gathered some attention for its very affordable mattresses, so I was excited to give it a try for myself. I personally tested the 12 inch queen, which is the most expensive in their line, but still priced below $500 (with available discount).
Overall I liked the mattress, but had a few small complaints as well. Read on for my full breakdown and EzoBed mattress review.
EDITOR’S NOTE: The EzoBed is no longer available. Check out our best mattresses for some other great options!
Who Might love EzoBed…
- Those who want a great value – EzoBed offers a great sleeping experience at a fraction of the cost of other major mattress brands, even the most popular online options
- People who sleep with a partner – in my video below people can see that the mattress does great with motion isolation, making it a good option for couples.
- Those who want a socially oriented company – EzoBed donates 1 mattress for every 10 sold, providing homeless shelters with a nice mattress upgrade.
- People who want a specific firmness – EzoBed has a few options to choose from, so shoppers can hone in on their firmness/construction that suits their sleeping style (I think it is a good mattress for side sleepers).
Who Might not like EzoBed…
- Those who are looking for a luxury mattress – EzoBed is great value, but if someone is looking for a luxury memory foam mattress, they can get more elsewhere if they pay (a good bit) more.
- People who want a mattress with “bounce” – if people are used to a spring, latex, or hybrid mattress, know that EzoBed is really a pure memory foam feel, aka fairly slow to respond foam.
Firmness and Feel
EzoBed has the pure memory foam mattress feel. It is slow to respond, but offers a great comfort/support tradeoff.
The 12 inch mattress is a bit softer than average, I think it would be ideal for side sleepers as a result.
EzoBed is all memory foam, so as expected it performs very well in the motion transfer test. A bed with great motion isolation like EzoBed is a good mattress for couples, especially if one (or both) are known to toss and turn throughout the night.
EzoBed is very transparent about their construction and foams, which is always a good sign. The mattress is 12 inches thick in total, and consists of:
- 2 inches of 2.5 lb density open cell memory foam
- 3 inches of 1.56 lb density open cell memory foam with breathable wave technology
- 6 inches of high density reflex base foam
The cover is quilted bamboo with blue microsuede side covering.
Other things to note
- EzoBed is sold only online
- The mattress has a standard 10 year warranty
- They have a 110 night sleep trial (return any time within this window for a full refund)
EzoBed is definitely a great value, and offered me a good night’s sleep. There are very few good quality beds in this price range, so if someone is looking for a memory foam mattress in this budget, I haven’t reviewed a mattress better than EzoBed yet.