The Tempur-Cloud Supreme is a popular model and is the second most affordable mattress in the Cloud collection. I was excited to take a look at it and see how it compares to the other mattresses in the Tempur-Pedic line. Keep reading my in-depth Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Supreme mattress review to find out if it’s a good mattress for you.
Editor’s Note: Tempur-Pedic no longer offers this model. Take a look at our Tempur-Cloud mattress review to find out about their updated model!
Tempur-Cloud Supreme Mattress Video Review
Tempur-Cloud Supreme Mattress Review Overview
The Tempur-Cloud Supreme mattress from Tempur-Pedic is a popular and affordable memory foam mattress that has a classic soft foam feel. This mattress should be a good fit for people who sleep on their side and like to sink into the bed.
You Might Want To Pick The Tempur-Cloud If:
- You Sleep On Your Side Or Are A Combo Sleeper– This mattress is definitely soft enough to get good pressure relief for when you sleep on your side. It’s firmer than the Cloud Elite and Luxe, however, so it’s better suited for people sleeping in multiple positions throughout the night.
- You Like Sleeping “in” The Mattress– You sink into this mattress a good bit given how soft it is, so the mattress kind of envelops you a little bit and you feel like you are sleeping “in” the mattress rather than “on” it.
- You Like A Slow-Moving Memory Foam Feel– This mattress, as well as other Tempur-Pedic mattresses, have a distinct memory foam feel to them. You should make sure you like the slow-moving memory foam feel before you purchase this mattress, as from my experience the feel is a love it or hate it type of thing.
You Might Not Want To Pick The Tempur-Cloud If:
- You Sleep Only On Your Back Or Stomach– This mattress is softer than average, so it is probably better suited for side sleepers in general. It might not be firm enough for someone who sleeps just on their back or stomach.
- You Want The Bounce Of Latex/Innerspring– If you are looking for a responsive, bouncy sleeping surface, that’s not really what you get here. In that case, you might want to look to latex or an innerspring mattress.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise
- Many people say they have more restful sleep throughout the night
- Many people comment on how good the pressure relief is
Most Common Tempur-Cloud Complaints
- Some people mention the chemical smell takes a while to go away
- Some people sleep a bit hot when the weather is warmer (somewhat common with Tempur-Pedic in general).
The TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme has a removable and washable cover, just like the other models. The cover is thin, allowing you to directly interact with the top layer more. I was not able to get the thickness and densities of the individual layers, as the company does not disclose that information. However, you can see from the website that the top layer is a thin layer of TEMPUR-ES material (ES means extra soft). Below that is a moderately thick layer of standard TEMPUR material. Below that is the base support layer. The total thickness is 11.5”.
From a live chat session, I was told a Queen weighs 120 lbs. In another live chat session, I was told a Queen weighs 110 lbs, so I’m guessing it’s at least one of those two numbers. While we don’t know the densities of the foam layers, we can make an educated guess as to the quality of the materials from knowing the thickness of the mattress and the weight. The Loom & Leaf mattress is 12.5” thick and weighs 93 lbs. Given that the Cloud Supreme is thinner but weighs more than the L&L (which uses durable materials), we can be safe in guessing that the Cloud Supreme does use very good, durable materials.
It can be confusing trying to make sense of the construction when you don’t have the specs disclosed, but at least we can make a reasonable guess here that the materials are high-quality.
RELATED: Best Tempur-Pedic Alternatives
The company is very direct in stating the exact firmness level of its mattresses. The Cloud Supreme is a medium soft mattress and is the second firmest mattress within the Cloud line. The mattress does have a thin layer of the TEMPUR-ES material, so this firmness level does make sense given its construction. The video below shows of the general feel of the mattress as well.
As the video below shows, this mattress does an excellent job of isolating motion. This makes it a great option for couples.
Adjustable Base Friendly?
The video below shows that the mattress works just fine with an adjustable bed.
Why Would Someone Pick This Model Over The Other Tempur-Pedic Mattresses?
- It’s one of the more accessible models from a price standpoint
- It could be a great choice for people who sleep in multiple sleeping positions throughout the night
- It could be good for someone who wants a soft mattress for pressure relief but not something overly soft
Before making a purchase decision, don’t forget to check out our mattress comparisons page to compare Tempur-Pedic to other popular brands such as Nectar and Tuft and Needle.
Our Tempur-Cloud Supreme Ratings?
Interested in seeing the final score for the Tempur-Cloud? Well, we’ve got our ratings right here!
I think this model represents a good value compared to some of the more expensive models. Given its middle-of-the-road firmness level, it caters to more sleepers than some other Tempur-Pedic models.
See our overview of Tempur-Pedic.