PangeaBed is an online-only mattress offering that has a few key things that make it different. I was interested to see how it compares to the other mattresses I’ve reviewed.
Overall, I had a good experience sleeping on it, and think it could be an intriguing option for certain sleepers (although not everyone). Read on for my full breakdown and PangeaBed Review.
Note: I tried the Classic Mattress option and not the copper option
Use code “Save75” for $75 the PangeaBed Mattress
The 5/8″ foam within the quilted cover adds additional softness to the mattress, and beneath the cover is 1.5” of talalay latex. Talalay is more consistent and higher quality in my opinion than dunlop latex. Below the latex is 1.5” of gel memory foam and then 7” of support foam.
The construction is very similar to a lot of other bed-in-a-box offerings, but the fact that they use 100% Pure Talalay latex and Phase Change Gel Infused memory foam instead of regular memory foam means they use higher quality materials (in my opinion).
Who Will Like The PangeaBed:
- People Who Want A Balanced Feel– To me, the mattress doesn’t feel either like someone sleeps “on” the mattress or “in” the mattress. It is sort of right in between. This means people will sink into the mattress a bit, but not too much. If people don’t like the feeling of getting stuck in a mattress, this could be a good choice for them.
- Those Who Sleep In Multiple Positions– I really liked the pressure relief when sleeping on my side, but the top layer isn’t so soft that people don’t get great support when sleeping on their back. Given that the mattress has this balanced feel, it is really great for people who sleeping not just in one position.
- People Who Like A Foam Feel Without Sleeping Hot Or Getting Stuck– The combination of talalay latex over gel memory foam makes the mattress have a nice foam feel without some of the drawbacks that memory foam is known for. People get nice pressure relief, but they don’t sink in too much where they feel like they get stuck. The mattress does sleep nice and cool as well.
- Those Who Sleep With A Partner– The mattress does a good job of isolating motion. That means if people sleep with a partner, they generally won’t be disturbed when their partner moves around in the bed.
Who Might Not Like The PangeaBed:
- People Who Never Sleep On Their Side– Just as the mattress is great for people who sleep in multiple positions, it might not be the best if people just sleep on their stomach or back. A great part about the mattress is the pressure relief that people get while sleeping on their side. If they never sleep on their side, then they won’t experience the best part about the mattress.
- Those Who Prefer A Traditional Innerspring Feel– If someone is used to innerspring mattresses and like sleeping “on” the mattress, then they might not like the feel they get from the PangeaBed, or at least it would take some time to get used to.
- People Who Like Really Sinking Into Their Mattress– The PangeaBed has a balanced feel where people will sink into the mattress just a tiny bit but not too much. If people like the feeling of really sinking into their mattress, like with some memory foam mattresses, then that’s not exactly what they get with this bed.
Firmness And Feel
Firmness is subjective, but I think most people will think the mattress is a tad bit softer than average. From the video, people can see that I can push my hand into the mattress without much force.
People can also see that the mattress is fairly responsive, due mainly to the top Talalay latex layer. It isn’t as bouncy/responsive as a 100% latex mattress, but it does respond somewhat quickly when compared to a full memory foam mattress.
From this video, people can see that the mattress performs very well when it comes to motion isolation. If someone sleeps with a partner, then this is definitely something that they should consider, and it’s an additional reason why they would potentially want to get this mattress.
I don’t think there is one best mattress for everybody, so it’s all about finding a great option for someone’s preferences. If people want a balanced feel and sleep in multiple positions, then this should be a very attractive option for them.
Use code “Save75” for $75 the PangeaBed Mattress
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Mattress For Hip Pain 2020 - March 13, 2020
- Best Pillow Top Mattress 2020 - March 5, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020