PangeaBed is an online-only mattress offering that has a few key things that make it different. I was interested to see how it compares to the other mattresses I’ve reviewed.
Overall, I had a good experience sleeping on it, and think it could be an intriguing option for certain sleepers (although not everyone). Read on for my full PangeaBed Review.
Note: I tried the Classic Mattress option and not the copper option
Use code “Save75” for $75 the PangeaBed Mattress
The 5/8″ foam within the quilted cover adds additional softness to the mattress. Beneath the cover is 1.5” of talalay latex. Talalay is more consistent and higher quality in my opinion than dunlop latex. Below the latex is 1.5” of gel memory foam and then 7” of support foam.
The construction is very similar to a lot of other bed-in-a-box offerings, but the fact that they use 100% Pure Talalay latex and Phase Change Gel Infused memory foam instead of regular memory foam means they use higher quality materials (in my opinion).
You Will Like The PangeaBed If:
- You Want A Balanced Feel– To me, the mattress doesn’t feel either like you sleep “on” the mattress or “in” the mattress. It is sort of right in between. This means you will sink into the mattress a bit, but not too much. If you don’t like the feeling of getting stuck in a mattress, this could be a good choice for you.
- You Sleep In Multiple Positions– I really liked the pressure relief when sleeping on my side, but the top layer isn’t so soft that you don’t get great support when sleeping on your back. Given that the mattress has this balanced feel, it is really great for people who sleeping not just in one position.
- You Like A Foam Feel Without Sleeping Hot Or Getting Stuck– The combination of talalay latex over gel memory foam makes the mattress have a nice foam feel without some of the drawbacks that memory foam is known for. You get nice pressure relief, but you don’t sink in too much where you feel like you get stuck. The mattress does sleep nice and cool as well.
- You Sleep With A Partner– The mattress does a good job of isolating motion. That means if you sleep with a partner, you generally won’t be disturbed when your partner moves around in the bed.
You Might Not Like The PangeaBed If:
- You Never Sleep On Your Side– Just as the mattress is great for people who sleep in multiple positions, it might not be the best if you just sleep on your stomach or back. A great part about the mattress is the pressure relief that you get while sleeping on your side. If you never sleep on your side, then you won’t experience the best part about the mattress.
- You Prefer A Traditional Innerspring Feel– If you are used to innerspring mattresses and like sleeping “on” the mattress, then you might not like the feel you get from the PangeaBed, or at least it would take some time to get used to.
- You Like Really Sinking Into Your Mattress– The PangeaBed has a balanced feel where you sink into the mattress just a tiny bit but not too much. If you like the feeling of really sinking into your mattress, like with some memory foam mattresses, then that’s not exactly what you get with this bed.
Firmness And Feel
Firmness is subjective, but I think most people will think the mattress is a tad bit softer than average. From the video, you can see that I can push my hand into the mattress without much force.
You can also see that the mattress is fairly responsive, due mainly to the top Talalay latex layer. It isn’t as bouncy/responsive as a 100% latex mattress, but it does respond somewhat quickly when compared to a full memory foam mattress.
From this video, you can see that the mattress performs very well when it comes to motion isolation. If you sleep with a partner, then this is definitely something that you should consider, and it’s an additional reason why you would potentially want to get this mattress.
I don’t think there is one best mattress for everybody, so it’s all about finding a great option for your preferences. If you want a balanced feel and sleep in multiple positions, then this should be a very attractive option for you.
Use code “Save75” for $75 the PangeaBed Mattress
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Casper Vs Casper Hybrid – Which Is Best For You? - May 15, 2019
- 40 Aphrodisiacs From Around the World – Does Sleep Make The List? - May 1, 2019
- Casper Hybrid Mattress Review – How Does It Compare To The Original? - April 24, 2019