After a week on the Lull mattress I was pretty pleased with the experience. It’s definitely a quality mattress, though it’s not for everyone. Read this Lull mattress review to see if it is a good option for you.
This mattress definitely has a distinct memory foam feel where you sink into it a decent bit and feel that you sleep “in” the mattress. In my experience, the memory foam feel is a love it or hate it type of thing, so this mattress won’t be for everyone. However, for those memory foam lovers out there, the Lull offers a great opportunity to get a quality mattress that would probably cost a lot more if you were to buy a similar mattress in a retail store.
Get $50 off the Lull mattress by clicking HERE.
You will love the Lull mattress if:
- You want great value – Lull ships directly from factory to your door, cutting out the middle man. This allows them to offer a quality product at a significantly reduced price.
- You sleep in multiple positions throughout the night – The Lull mattress is one of only a few that I’ve tried that is good for sleeping on your back, side, and stomach. Most mattresses will be great for one or two positions, but having all three is great (especially if you and your partner sleep in different positions).
- You love the memory foam feel – Memory foam mattresses are becoming more and more popular, and for good reason. They offer a great support/comfort tradeoff, and I would definitely consider Lull to be top tier in the category.
- You like a very comfortable mattress – this is very subjective (and depends on your preference), but for what it’s worth, I found it to be extremely comfortable all the way through the night (some mattresses start out great, but then you end up tense later on in the night).
- You have back pain or are overweight/pregnant – the mattress is a bit firmer than average, and made with high quality foams, so it will provide good support to address pain and heavier sleepers’ needs.
Get $50 off the Lull mattress by clicking HERE
You may not like the Lull mattress if:
- You prefer a spring mattress or a foam mattress with a lot of bounce – Lull has latex-like foam (which is known to have more spring), but as the second layer. Thus compared to a latex mattress, or spring mattress, it feels much more like a traditional memory foam (think Tempurpedic).
- You want to try it out in stores – Lull is sold only online, so no laying on it or doing a direct in-store comparison.
Firmness and Feel
The mattress is slightly firmer than average, at about a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. It would compare web to the firmness of the Tempur-Contour Rhapsody Luxe. You can see that the “hand print” lasts for some time as well, though there is a bit of spring to the mattress. Overall though it feels more like a high quality memory foam mattress, rather than a latex mattress.
Though Lull follows the popular bed-in-a-box business model, their construction is actually quite unique, which was one of the reasons I was interested to try it out. The mattress consists of:
- Comfort layer: 1.5 inches of Gel Infused Viscoelastic memory foam (draws heat away from the body to prevent sleeping hot)
- Transition layer: 1.5 inches of latex-like foam (puts some bounce in the mattress)
- Support layer: 7 inches of core polyurethane foam
Many mattress models these days are made with latex over memory foam, which gives the mattress more bounce (latex often has much more spring than memory foam). Lull has memory foam over latex-like foam, so it has some spring, but actually feels more like memory foam since it’s the top layer.
Comfort and Sleeping Positions
Comfort is definitely a subjective term, so take this with a grain of salt, but the Lull is definitely one of the more comfortable mattresses I have reviewed. It is one of the few mattresses where I was able to comfortable sleep in all positions (side, back, stomach). They really suited my preference in terms of the comfort/support tradeoff.
Motion Transfer Test
You can see the mattress performs very well during the motion transfer test, which you would expect from a mattress with a top layer of memory foam.
Other things to note:
- 10 year warranty (standard for most mattresses)
- 100 day trial period (return within 100 days for full refund)
- Made in the USA
- financing is available with Affirm at interest as low as 0% APR
Prices And Dimensions
The table below shows the prices and dimensions for all the available sizes of the Lull mattress.
|Twin||38" x 75" x 10"||$550|
|Twin XL||38" x 80" x 10"||$600|
|Full||54" x 75" x 10"||$750|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 10"||$850|
|King||76" x 80" x 10"||$950|
|Cal King||72" x 84" x 10"||$950|
According to the company, the Lull can support two people weighing up to 250 lbs. each. That sounds about right to me in my opinion. If you are close to or above the 250 lb. range, I would recommend looking at getting a mattress specifically created for heavier people.
There is no perfect mattress for everyone, but Lull is definitely top tier, and suited my preferences quite well. If you sleep in multiple positions throughout the night, Lull is probably one of the first mattresses you should consider.
- Great comfort/support tradeoff
- Good support in all sleeping positions
- Good option for heavier sleepers