The Love & Sleep mattress is the latest offering from Nest Bedding, a company I have a lot of respect for.
The mattress aims to have all the benefits of memory foam mattresses without any of the drawbacks (read more HERE).
It does this all at a very affordable price point as well. I came away impressed with the mattress and think there are a lot of things that make the mattress stand out amongst its competitors. It even takes advantage of the latest fabric and foam technology to have some really cool features. Read more full my full take on the mattress.
- The cover has phase change material in it. That means you will be more likely to sleep cool. That was my experience with it, but I would encourage you to do some independent research into this material as well. (Read more from the company)
- The top layer is 3 inches of Energex foam. Energex is a specialty foam that aims to have the pressure relief of memory foam but with bounce. It is definitely a resilient foam that makes it easier to move around in bed. The foam is also high-density, meaning it is a good, durable material.
- The second layer is 1 inch of convoluted foam to provide extra airflow.
- The base layer is 6 inches of 1.8 lb. density polyfoam.
You Might Want To Pick The Love & Sleep Mattress If:
- You Want Pressure Relief Without The Feeling Of Getting Stuck– One thing that really stands out with this mattress is how great the pressure relief is and at the same time how responsive the foam is. The Energex foam does a really great job of relieving pressure relief and yet the mattress responds almost immediately, so it’s easy to move around and you don’t ever feel like you get stuck in the mattress.
- You Want An Amazing Value– You’d be hard-pressed to find a better value at this price point ($600 for a Queen). You can certainly find a more luxurious mattress, but for the price that you pay, you really do get an amazing value.
- Sleeping Cool Is A Big Priority For You– At this price point, there aren’t too many mattresses that have directly addressed the issue of sleeping hot like this mattress. The cover is a phase-changing material. The Energex foam is a breathable foam. The mattress has a one inch air-flow layer as well. When you add it all up, you are more than likely going to have a nice and cool sleeping surface.
- You Want Durable Materials– Given the price point, this mattress is very durable. The Energex foam is a very high-density foam and the base foam is high-density enough to make the mattress last longer than just about any other mattress around this price point.
You Might Not Want To Get This Mattress If:
- You Want A More Luxurious Mattress– If you have the budget for it, you can definitely get something that is more luxurious and has more bells and whistles.
- You Like The Slow-Moving Memory Foam Feel– This mattress is very responsive. If you prefer the quicksand, slow-moving feel that memory foam provides, then you should know that’s not exactly what you get here.
- You Like A More Traditional Innerspring Feel– You get more bounce with this mattress, but it is definitely still a foam mattress. If you want a more innerspring feel, you will probably have to look elsewhere.
The Medium version of this mattress has a good middle-of-the-road firmness level to it. I think for most people it will be soft enough for side sleepers but firm enough for most back/stomach sleepers. You can see too from the video that the foam is very responsive, unlike pure memory foam. That means you won’t feel like you get stuck in the mattress.
You can see from the video that this mattress does a great job at isolating motion. That makes it a good option for couples who don’t want their partner’s movement to disturb them.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The price point is very attractive given how comfortable it is and how durable the materials are.
- The mattress directly addresses the issue of sleeping hot more than any other mattress I’ve see at this price point.
- The materials in this mattress are very durable, especially given the price point.
- The mattress has a great balanced foam feel with good pressure relief and resilience.
- The company provides a lifetime warranty and lifetime comfort guarantee. They really want their customers to be happy
I think it’d be hard to find a mattress that’s better at this price point. If you want to pay more, you can certainly find a more luxurious mattress, but at this price point it’s an awesome value.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Mattresses That Won’t Sag - March 15, 2019
- Avocado Vs Zenhaven Vs Brentwood Home Cedar Mattress Comparison – Which Latex Mattress Should You Get? - March 14, 2019
- Best Mattresses For Lightweight Sleepers – Which Should You Choose? - February 15, 2019