iKrema is a fairly new company with two memory foam mattresses in their line. I’m always excited to check out new memory foam mattresses and I was curious to see how this mattress compares to some of the other ones that I have tried recently. I received the MaxComfortPedic for a review and will focus exclusively on this model for this written review.
- The cover is nice and thin and made mostly from polyester. It has a nice feel and is breathable.
- The top layer is 2 inches of ThermaGel memory foam. This is essentially an enhanced version of memory foam that is breathable and has great pressure relief.
- The next layer is 2 inches of MemoryTex foam, which is a specialty foam that combines a lot of the characteristics of memory foam and latex foam. It is conforming while also having bounce.
- The bottom layer is 7 inches of high-density polyfoam. This is a fairly standard layer among the bed-in-a-box mattresses.
You Might Want To Get The Ikrema MaxComfortPedic If:
- You Are A Side Sleeper– This mattress is a little bit softer than average and has a nice memory foam feel. Because of those two factors, I think it’s ideal for side sleepers who need pressure relief. Pressure relief is probably the best quality about this mattress.
- You Are Looking For Something A Little Bit Softer– As I’ve mentioned, I think this mattress is a bit softer than average. I think that’s good for side sleepers, but it can also be good for someone who just likes a mattress that is a bit on the softer side.
- You Like Slowly Sinking Into Your Mattress– This mattress definitely has a slow-moving memory foam feel. If you like that feeling of slowly sinking into your mattress, this could be a good option for you.
You Might Not Want To Get The Ikrema MaxComfortPedic If:
- You Want Something Overly Firm Or Overly Soft– This mattress has just one firmness level, so if you know you want something that is overly soft or firm, you won’t be able to get that with this mattress.
- You Want A More Responsive Mattress– This mattress has slow-moving memory foam. If you want something springier, you will want to get a latex or innerspring mattress instead.
The video below shows off the general feel that you can expect from the mattress. As you can see, it is a bit softer than average, as evidenced by me being able to push my hand into the mattress pretty far. You can also see that the mattress has pretty slow-moving memory foam in it. It takes a while for it to return to its normal form.
As the video below shows, this mattress does perform well with motion transfer. It has memory foam in the top layer, so I expected it to do well in this area, and it did confirm my expectations. This makes it a good option for couples.
Does It Work With An Adjustable Base?
The video below shows that the mattress works just fine with an adjustable base. It will work really with any flat surface as well.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- It has very good pressure relief
- It uses memory foam but does a good job of not trapping heat
This is a good mattress for people looking for a high-quality but affordable memory foam option.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Casper Vs Casper Hybrid – Which Is Best For You? - May 15, 2019
- 40 Aphrodisiacs From Around the World – Does Sleep Make The List? - May 1, 2019
- Casper Hybrid Mattress Review – How Does It Compare To The Original? - April 24, 2019