iKrema is a fairly new company with two memory foam mattresses in their line. I’m always excited to check out new memory foam mattresses and I was curious to see how this mattress compares to some of the other ones that I have tried recently. I received the MaxComfortPedic for a review and will focus exclusively on this model for this written review.
- The cover is nice and thin and made mostly from polyester, and it doesn’t affect the overall feel of the mattress significantly.
- The top layer is 2 inches of ThermaGel memory foam, which is essentially an enhanced version of memory foam that is breathable and has great pressure relief.
- The next layer is 2 inches of MemoryTex foam, which is a specialty foam that combines a lot of the characteristics of memory foam and latex foam. It is conforming while also having somebounce.
- The bottom layer is 7 inches of high-density polyfoam, which is a fairly standard layer among the bed-in-a-box mattresses.
Who Might Want To Get The Ikrema MaxComfortPedic:
- Side Sleepers– This mattress is a little bit softer than average and has a nice memory foam feel. Because of those two factors, I think it’s ideal for side sleepers who need pressure relief. Pressure relief is probably the best quality about this mattress.
- Those Who Are Looking For Something A Little Bit Softer– As I’ve mentioned, I think this mattress is a bit softer than average. I think that’s good for side sleepers, but it can also be good for someone who just likes a mattress that is a bit on the softer side.
- People Who Like Slowly Sinking Into Their Mattress– This mattress definitely has a slow-moving memory foam feel. If people like that feeling of slowly sinking into their mattress, this could be a good option for them.
Who Might Not Want To Get The Ikrema MaxComfortPedic:
- People Who Want Something Overly Firm Or Overly Soft– This mattress has just one firmness level, so if people know they want something that is overly soft or firm, they won’t be able to get that with this mattress.
- Those Who Want A More Responsive Mattress– This mattress has slow-moving memory foam. If people want something springier, they will want to get a latex or innerspring mattress instead.
The video below shows off the general feel that people can expect from the mattress. As people can see, it is a bit softer than average, as evidenced by me being able to push my hand into the mattress pretty far. People can also see that the mattress has pretty slow-moving memory foam in it. It takes a while for it to return to its normal form.
As the video below shows, this mattress does perform well with motion transfer. It has memory foam in the top layer, so I expected it to do well in this area, and it did confirm initial expectations. This makes it a good option for couples who don’t want to be disturbed by their partner’s movements.
Does It Work With An Adjustable Base?
The video below shows that the mattress works just fine with an adjustable base, and it will work really with any flat surface as well.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- It has very good pressure relief, making it an ideal match for side sleepers.
- It uses memory foam but does a good job of not trapping heat, so sleepers should stay cool throughout the night.
This is a good mattress for people looking for a high-quality but affordable memory foam option.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Vaya Mattress Review – Great For Kids? - April 2, 2020
- Best Mattresses For Hip Pain Relief - March 13, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020