Stearns and Foster is a popular mattress company known for its use of high-quality materials to handcraft each mattress with luxury details. The brand falls under the umbrella of Tempur Sealy International, who also makes mattresses under Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Cocoon™by Sealy, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, and Optimum™.
There are four collections available: Estate, Lux Estate, Lux Estate Hybrid and Reserve. Within each collection, customers have the choice of various comfort levels and/or mattress top options.
The Lux Estate Hybrid is constructed with both coils and memory foam, which sets it apart from any other collection. To help potential buyers figure out exactly what they’re looking for, we’ve put together all the details on the Lux Estate Hybrid Collection and where to buy them.
- PrimaCool™ Elite Gel Memory Foam: The gel memory foam is intended to keep sleepers both cool and comfortable. The memory foam will contour to sleepers’ bodies.
- PrimaCool™ Performance Fabric with TENCEL®: This fabric is a high loft and double stretch-knit, which feels soft yet durable. Tencel is an eco-friendly fiber that is known for its moisture-wicking properties, which will help the mattress breathe and keep sleepers cool.
- Advanced Adapt™ Foam: This adaptive foam is available in select models within each collection. It is designed with a slower response time for extra indulgence and enhanced durability.
- IntelliCoil® Advanced: This coil is exclusively made for Stearns and Foster. The outer coil is designed for durability and comfort. The inner coil is made to adapt to people’s personal weight for an ideal level of support.
- PrecisionEdge™ System: A network of miniature coils brings support and breathability all the way to the edge of the mattress, increasing the sleep surface.
- S&F Air Vents: Vents are built into the mattress to increase airflow and breathability.
- Queen set starts at $2,499
Comfort Level and Mattress Top Options
Each collection has specific comfort levels and mattress tops available. This means that once customers select a collection they like, they have the ability to pick a model that is either firmer/plusher.
Lux Estate Hybrid Collection Comfort Levels:
- Cushion Firm
Unlike the Lux Estate Collection, there are no Euro Pillowtop options with this collection.
Because the Lux Estate Hybrid is a half coil, half foam, it is a really good fit for those who like memory foam mattresses. The coils underneath will provide sleepers with support, but they will most likely sink into the bed like they would with a gel memory foam mattress.
Depending on what is available at the local retailer, most people should be able to select a model, comfort level and mattress top that is the best fit for them.
Retailers & Models
Stearns and Foster sells their mattresses to a range of retailers, from large department stores like Macy’s and Sears to specialty stores like Factory Mattress. Customers can search for the retailer closest to them through the Stearns and Foster website.
Please know that each retailer names the mattress in their store. This means that a mattress at Conn’s HomePlus may be called one name and the same mattress will be called another name at another store like Macy’s or Haverty’s.
Not all retailers will have every single model in every single comfort level and mattress top available. Between varied inventory and different model names, it can be confusing to compare Stearns and Foster mattresses.
That’s why it’s important to know as much as possible about the mattresses before going to a retailer. Those who have an idea of what they wan will be able to narrow their choices down more easily.
The Lux Estate Hybrid Collection has three different models/comfort levels. This is the Firm, Cushion Firm, and Plush. There is no Euro Pillowtop option like in the Lux Estate Collection and is recommended for those who like memory foam. People who prefer a more traditional innerspring mattress may like a model from the sister collection, the Lux Estate Collection.