Stearns and Foster is a popular mattress company known for its use of high quality materials to handcraft each mattress with luxury details. The brand falls under the umbrella of Tempur Sealy International, who also makes mattresses under Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Cocoon™by Sealy, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, and Optimum™.
There are four collections available: Estate, Lux Estate, Lux Estate Hybrid and Reserve. Within each collection there are a series of models that can further be defined by their comfort levels and mattress top.
The Lux Estate Collection is a step above the basic Estate Collection and features additional luxuries like hand tufting. We’ve put together a guide to show you all the features and options included in the Lux Estate Collection, including where to find them.
- Pillowtop Support™ Layer: This layer replaces a traditional foam layer with microcoils for conforming support and no-sag comfort that will last years. This feature is only available in models that have the Euro Pillowtop (Cushion Firm and Plush models).
- PrimaCool™ Performance Fabric with TENCEL®: This fabric is high loft and double stretch-knit, which feels soft yet durable. Tencel is an eco-friendly fiber that is known for its moisture wicking properties, which will help the mattress breathe and keep you cool.
- Advanced Adapt™ Foam: This adaptive foam is available in select models within each collection. It is designed with a slower response time for extra indulgence and enhanced durability.
- IntelliCoil® Advanced: This coil is exclusively made for Stearns and Foster. The outer coil is designed for durability and comfort. The inner coil is made to adapt to your personal weight for an ideal level of support.
- PrecisionEdge™ System: A network of miniature coils brings support and breathability all the way to the edge of your mattress, increasing your sleep surface.
- S&F Air Vents: Vents are built into the mattress to increase airflow and breathability.
- Hand Tufting for enhanced responsiveness and longevity (not available in Ultra Firm).
- Queen set starts at $2,499
Comfort Level and Mattress Top Options
After you find a model within a collection that you like, you will also have the option to pick your comfort level and your mattress top.
Lux Estate Collection Comfort Levels (ranging from firmer to more plush):
- Ultra firm – only available at Macy’s, Sears and Bloomingdales
- Cushion Firm
You have your choice of a Euro Pillowtop or non-pillowtop (also called a “tight top”) with the Lux Estate Collection. The Euro Pillowtop option can only be found on the Cushion Firm and Plush models in the Lux Estate collection.
Compared to the standard Estate Collection, some models in the Lux Estate Collection will feature a pillowtop support layer to keep from sagging. In addition, all the models in the Lux Estate Collection will have Advanced Adapt Foam, while only half the models in the Estate Collection have this feature.
Depending on what is available at your local retailer, you should be able to select a model, comfort level and mattress top that is the best fit for you.
Retailers & Models
Stearns and Foster sells their mattresses to a range of retailers, from large department stores like Macy’s and Sears to speciality stores like Factory Mattress. You can search for the retailer closest to you through the Stearns and Foster website.
Please know that each retailer names the collection in their store. This means that a mattress at Bloomingdale’s may be called one name and the same mattress will be called another name at another store like Conn’s HomePlus or Haverty’s.
Not all retailers will have every single model in every single comfort level and mattress top available. Between varied inventory and different model names, it can be confusing to compare Stearns and Foster mattresses.
That’s why it’s important to know as much as possible about the mattresses before going to a retailer. If you have an idea of what you want, you will be able to narrow your choices down more easily.
The Lux Estate Collection features four models – also called comfort levels – in total. This is the Ultra Firm, Firm, Cushion Firm and Plush. All models include the Advanced Adapt™ Foam and the Cushion Firm and Plush models have a Euro Pillowtop option featuring a Pillowtop Support layer.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Home Essentials Company Floyd Unveils Its First Mattress - November 15, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Casper Vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019