The Amore Bed is another online-only offering that provides a quality mattress at an affordable price. It is unique in that it has firmness options and the ability to have a split mattress with two different firmness levels on one mattress. I was excited to give it a try to see how it compares to the other bed-in-a-box options out there.
You Might Want To Get The Amore Bed If…
- You Sleep With A Partner– The Amore allows you to get your mattress split. That means if one person likes the mattress soft while the other likes it firm, you can split the mattress into a soft and firm side. The mattress also does really well with motion isolation, which makes it an ideal mattress for couples.
- You Are Unsure Which Firmness Level You Want– If you don’t 100% know what type of firmness you like (or as a couple you disagree), you can get a split mattress with two firmness levels, one on each side. You can also take the quiz on the Amore site to help you decide which firmness is right for you.
- You Want A Balanced Foam Feel– If you are looking for the pressure relief of a foam mattress without sinking in too much or feeling like you get stuck, this could be a good option for you. It had a nice balanced feel that is fairly responsive and pressure relieving.
You Might Not Want To Get The Amore Bed If…
- You Like The Slow-Moving Memory Foam Feel– If you are used to the slow-moving, quicksand like feel that Tempurpedic is known for, then that’s not really the feel you get with this mattress.
- You Like The Innerspring Feel– Similarly, if you are used to traditional innerspring mattresses, the feel with the Amore is going to be a good bit different.
Notes On Copper
The Amore does give you the opportunity to get copper ion-infused fabric on your mattress for an additional $50. Selecting this option is supposed to come with a number of health benefits, as well as keeps the mattress cool. I’m not a doctor or a scientist, so I can’t really speak to the veracity of these claims (though I did find the mattress to sleep quite cool). I would encourage you to read up on the science and make a decision for yourself.
Firmness and Feel
The mattress is made with graphite infused visco (supposedly has great heat-removing properties) and polyfoam, which matches with my firmness and feel experience. See how responsive the mattress is in the video below:
The mattress is fairly responsive yet still gives you good cushion and you sink into it a little bit. Note that each side of the mattress can have a different firmness, finally putting an end to couples that can’t agree on a mattress firmness.
You can see from the video that the mattress does a good job of isolating motion, which makes it a great option for couples.
The Amore is a pretty unique option and has some interesting extras that make it an intriguing choice in the crowded bed-in-a-box market. Overall I really enjoyed my experience on the mattress, finding it very comfortable and that it sleeps cool relative to other mattresses I’ve reviewed. If you’re intrigued by the Amore Bed, I think it is worth giving it a shot.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Mattresses That Won’t Sag - March 15, 2019
- Avocado Vs Zenhaven Vs Brentwood Home Cedar Mattress Comparison – Which Latex Mattress Should You Get? - March 14, 2019
- Best Mattresses For Lightweight Sleepers – Which Should You Choose? - February 15, 2019