The TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe Breeze is the Breeze version of the Cloud Luxe. You can see my review of the Cloud Luxe here. It is the softest Tempur-Pedic model, and it is also the most expensive. It’s not for everyone, but it can be a good fit for the right person.
Editor’s Note: Tempur-Pedic no longer offers this model. Take a look at our Tempur-Cloud mattress review to find out about their updated model!
You should take a look at my review of the Cloud Luxe for the full construction of that mattress. The difference here is there are a couple of additional things put into this mattress that make the mattress sleep a bit cooler. The cover is different and is made up of a material that promotes cooler sleep. The comfort layer of the mattress is also infused with a material that will make the mattress sleep cooler. The company doesn’t disclose its specs, but it is probably infused with gel.
Looking at all the reviews available for this mattress, it does appear most people agree the mattress does sleep nice and cool.
The firmness level is the same as the Cloud Luxe, and it is the softest mattress available in their entire line.
You Might Want To Pick This Mattress If:
- You Are Especially Sensitive To Sleeping Hot– The Breeze model does cost an additional $1,000, so I think it’s mainly worth it only if you are really sensitive to sleeping hot. It does appear as if the “breeze” element to the mattress is pretty effective at making a cool sleeping surface.
- You Know You Want The Softest Mattress Possible– If you are absolutely sure you want as soft a mattress as possible, then this mattress could be a good option for you.
- You Are A Lightweight Side Sleeper– Side sleepers do better with a softer mattress, and lightweight people tend to think mattresses are firmer than average people think. Therefore, given how soft this mattress is, a lightweight side sleeper would probably do well with this mattress.
You Might Not Want To Pick This Mattress If:
- You Have Budget Concerns– If you don’t want to spend much money, this mattress is definitely not the way to go.
- You Sleep On Your Back/Stomach– Given how soft this mattress is, it probably isn’t well suited for people who sleep on their back or stomach (look at the Cloud Elite or Supreme for something slightly firmer)
- You’ve Never Had Issues With Sleeping Hot– If you’ve never noticed yourself waking up sweating, then you probably don’t need to pay the extra money for the “breeze” version of this mattress.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise:
- People comment on how well this mattress relieves pressure.
- People tend to agree the mattress sleeps cool
Most Common Complaints:
- Some people wonder if the price is worth it
- Some think it’s a little too soft
Why Would Someone Pick This Model Over The Other Tempur-Pedic Mattresses?
This mattress is best suited to side sleepers who are lighter in weight. It definitely has a luxurious, cozy feel. If someone is especially sensitive to sleeping hot and fits into these other categories, it could be a good choice for them.
This mattress is very expensive. However, it should last a long time (based on the materials), so the value is much more than you think when you see the initial price tag. If you want a luxurious memory foam mattress that is designed for side sleeping pressure relief, this could be a good option.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.