The Natural Escape mattress from My Green Mattress aims to combine the support of a strong coil system with the durability, comfort, and bounce of natural latex. I was excited to see how it compares to some of the other natural latex mattresses that I’ve reviewed before.
- The cover is made with organic cotton and is quilted with natural wool
- The comfort layer is three inches of natural dunlop latex. This is a very durable material that is very responsive
- The support layer is a heavy-duty pocketed coil system that is zoned for extra back support
- Overall, the mattress uses all high-quality materials that are very durable.
You Might Want To Pick The Natural Escape Mattress If:
- You Want A More “Green” Mattress– The mattress uses organic cotton, natural wool, and natural dunlop latex. It is about as all-natural a mattress as you are going to find.
- You Want A Long-Lasting Mattress– The materials used in this mattress are highly durable. Natural latex
- You Like Bounce– One of the most noticeable characteristics about the Natural Escape mattress is just how bouncy it is. The mattress immediately snaps back into place when you move around. This gives it a more “on” the mattress feel rather than “in” the mattress. It also makes it easier to move around.
- You Sleep In Multiple Positions– I thought the mattress had a good medium firmness that was soft enough for side sleeping and firm enough for stomach/back sleeping.
You Might Not Want To Pick The Natural Escape Mattress If:
- You Like Memory Foam– If you are used to a slow-moving memory foam feel where you slowly sink into the mattress, you might want to look elsewhere because that’s not the feel you get with this mattress.
- You Are A Lightweight Side Sleeper– While I think the mattress is good for most people in any position, I think it might be too firm for lighter weight side sleepers.
- Motion Isolation Is A Top Priority– This mattress does fairly well with motion isolation, but it doesn’t do as well as memory foam mattresses do. You will feel motion from the other side of the bed a little bit when sleeping with a partner on this mattress.
As you can see from the video, the mattress is very bouncy, which is characteristic of natural latex mattresses. I think the mattress has a medium firmness that is about average. To me, it should be good for side or back/stomach sleeping for most people.
As you can see from the video below, the Natural Escape does a decent job of isolating motion. It’s not as good as a memory foam mattress, but it’s still pretty good. If you partner moves around, chances are that you will feel the movement just a little bit.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out
- It uses natural materials
- It will last a long time
- It has a lot of bounce
- It can be a good fit for multiple sleeping positions
This mattress is a great value that uses quality, durable components. If you are looking for a long-term solution that has good bounce and uses more natural materials, this can definitely be a great option.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Bear Pro Vs Bear Mattress Comparison – Which Bear Wins Out? - October 17, 2019
- Bear Pro Mattress Review – Professionally Comfortable? - October 16, 2019
- Best Cheap Mattresses – Save Some Money! - October 7, 2019