The Addable mattress is an online-only gel memory foam mattress that has a very attractive sticker price. It runs $500 for a Queen and uses great materials on paper, so I was excited to see if the mattress felt as good as the value looks on paper.
- The cover is thin and is made of 66% polyester, 30% viscose, and 4% poly/lycra, and it doesn’t affect the overall feel of the mattress significantly.
- The top layer is 2 inches of 4 lb. density gel memory foam, which gives the mattress softness and great body contouring. It is rare to see a mattress at this price point use a layer of memory foam with density this high (see guide on memory foam durability).
- The second layer is 2 inches of 1.8 lb. density polyfoam, which works as a transition from the top and base layer.
- The support layer is 6 inches of 2.0 lb. density polyfoam, which is a high-density foam that is more durable than just about any other mattress at this price point.
What makes the construction stand out is the use of high quality and durable foams (See more on that HERE). These high-density foams are hard to find at this price point, so the mattress does really offer a great value and it will be more durable than many other competitor mattresses.
Who Might Want To Pick The Addable Mattress:
- Those Who Want An Amazing Value– Given the quality of the materials that are used in this mattress, it is remarkable that a Queen only costs $500. At this price point, I haven’t found a mattress with higher quality materials. People can see a good illustration of why it’s a great value from this page.
- People Who Like A Memory Foam, Slight Sinking In Feel– This mattress has a nice, soft memory foam feel where you sink into the mattress and it envelops you just a bit. If people like this sleeping “in” the mattress feel, then they will probably like this mattress a lot.
- Those Who Want Durable Materials– Across the board this mattress contains high-density foams that will be very durable for most people. Again, it’s hard to find materials of this quality/durability at this price point.
- People Who Sleep In Multiple Positions Throughout The Night– I thought the mattress had a good middle-of-the-road firmness that was definitely soft enough for side sleeping yet firm enough when I was on my back and stomach. I think most people would agree with this as well.
Who Might Not Want To Pick The Addable Mattress:
- Those Who Don’t Like Memory Foam– This mattress definitely has a memory foam “in” the mattress feel. If you are used to an innerspring feel and like it, then you might not want to get this mattress, or at least it would take a while to get adjusted to.
- People Who Want A More Luxurious Mattress– You can definitely spend a lot more money to get an extra-luxury mattress and it will be “better” than the Addable. The Addable is all about being no-frills and maximizing value for its price.
- Those Who Only Sleep On Their Back/Stomach– This mattress is great at pressure relief when you are sleeping on your side. I think it’s firm enough for back/stomach sleeping, but if that’s the only way you sleep, perhaps you’ll want to get something slightly firmer.
As you can see from the video, the mattress has a slightly softer than average feel, and it has a nice memory foam feel that takes a little while to respond. If someone is used to memory foam mattresses, then they will be right at home with this mattress.
From the video below, people can see that the mattress does a great job of isolating motion. That makes this mattress a good option for those who sleep with a partner, because people won’t really feel it when their partner moves around in the bed.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The quality of the materials, given the low price, is top notch and unmatched in the market.
- It’s one of the best values I’ve seen in the market at any price point.
If you are searching for a memory foam mattress and don’t want to have to pay an arm and a leg for it, you would do well to get the Addable mattress. You can certainly find more “luxurious” mattresses for a higher price, but if this is around your price range, then it’s one of the best mattresses out there.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Vaya Mattress Review – Great For Kids? - April 2, 2020
- Best Mattresses For Hip Pain Relief - March 13, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020