The Addable mattress is an online-only gel memory foam mattress that has a very attractive sticker price. It runs $500 for a Queen and uses great materials on paper, so I was excited to see if the mattress felt as good as the value looks on paper.
- The cover is thin and is made of 66% polyester, 30% viscose, and 4% poly/lycra
- The top layer is 2 inches of 4 lb. density gel memory foam. It is rare to see a mattress at this price point use a layer of memory foam with density this high (see guide on memory foam durability).
- The second layer is 2 inches of 1.8 lb. density polyfoam. It works as a transition from the top and base layer.
- The support layer is 6 inches of 2.0 lb. density polyfoam. This is a high-density foam that is more durable than just about any other mattress at this price point.
What makes the construction stand out is the use of high quality and durable foams (See more on that HERE). These high-density foams are hard to find at this price point, so the mattress does really offer a great value and it will be more durable than many other competitor mattresses.
You Might Want To Pick The Addable Mattress If:
- You Want An Amazing Value– Given the quality of the materials that are used in this mattress, it is remarkable that a Queen only costs $500. At this price point, I haven’t found a mattress with higher quality materials. You can see a good illustration of why it’s a great value from this page.
- You Like A Memory Foam, Slight Sinking In Feel– This mattress has a nice, soft memory foam feel where you sink into the mattress and it envelops you just a bit. If you like this sleeping “in” the mattress feel, then you will probably like this mattress a lot.
- You Want Durable Materials– Across the board this mattress contains high-density foams that will be very durable for most people. Again, it’s hard to find materials of this quality/durability at this price point.
- You Sleep In Multiple Positions Throughout The Night– I thought the mattress had a good middle-of-the-road firmness that was definitely soft enough for side sleeping yet firm enough when I was on my back and stomach. I think most people would agree with this as well.
You Might Not Want To Pick The Addable Mattress If:
- You Don’t Like Memory Foam– This mattress definitely has a memory foam “in” the mattress feel. If you are used to an innerspring feel and like it, then you might not want to get this mattress, or at least it would take a while to get adjusted to.
- You Want A More Luxurious Mattress– You can definitely spend a lot more money to get an extra-luxury mattress and it will be “better” than the Addable. The Addable is all about being no-frills and maximizing value for its price.
- You Only Sleep On Your Back/Stomach– This mattress is great at pressure relief when you are sleeping on your side. I think it’s firm enough for back/stomach sleeping, but if that’s the only way you sleep, perhaps you’ll want to get something slightly firmer.
As you can see from the video, the mattress has a slightly softer than average feel. It has a nice memory foam feel that takes a little while to respond. If you are used to memory foam mattresses, then you will be right at home with this mattress.
From the video below, you can see that the mattress does a great job of isolating motion. That makes this mattress a good option for those who sleep with a partner. You won’t really feel it when your partner moves around in the bed.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The quality of the materials, given the low price, is top notch
- It’s one of the best values I’ve seen in the market
If you are searching for a memory foam mattress and don’t want to have to pay an arm and a leg for it, you would do well to get the Addable mattress. You can certainly find more “luxurious” mattresses for a higher price, but if this is around your price range, then it’s one of the best mattresses out there.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Bear Mattress, Pillow, and Sheets Giveaway! - November 6, 2018
- Tuft & Needle Vs. Puffy Mattress Comparison – Which Will You Choose? - November 5, 2018
- Leesa Vs Puffy Mattress Comparison – Which All-Foam Mattress Will You Choose? - November 5, 2018