Stearns and Foster is a popular mattress company known for its use of high-quality materials to handcraft each mattress with luxury details. The brand falls under the umbrella of Tempur Sealy International, who also makes mattresses under Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Cocoon™by Sealy, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, and Optimum™.
There are four collections available: Estate, Lux Estate, Lux Estate Hybrid, and Reserve. Within each collection, you have the choice of various comfort levels and/or mattress top options.
Stearns and Foster’s Reserve Collection mattresses are the top of the line for the brand. They’re the only collection to feature the exclusive Hybrid Pillowtop for enhanced seating support.
To help you decide if the Reserve Collection models are the best for you, we’ve put compiled all the details and features, including where to buy the mattresses.
- Hybrid Pillowtop: This pillowtop is designed with a “Nano Comfort™ layer” which places thousands of nano coils between layers of memory foam. This unique engineering will keep you cool, comfortable and you will never have to worry about your mattress top sagging.
- Pillowtop Support™ Layer: This layer replaces a traditional foam layer with microcoils for conforming support and no-sag comfort that will last years. This feature is only available in models that have the Euro Pillowtop.
- PrimaCool™ Elite Gel Memory Foam: The gel memory foam is intended to keep you both cool and comfortable. The memory foam will contour to your body.
- PrimaCool™ Performance Fabric with TENCEL®: This fabric is a high loft and double stretch-knit, which feels soft yet durable. Tencel is an eco-friendly fiber that is known for its moisture-wicking properties, which will help the mattress breathe and keep you cool.
- Advanced Adapt™ Foam: This adaptive foam is available in select models within each collection. It is designed with a slower response time for extra indulgence and enhanced durability.
- IntelliCoil® Advanced: This coil is exclusively made for Stearns and Foster. The outer coil is designed for durability and comfort. The inner coil is made to adapt to your personal weight for an ideal level of support.
- PrecisionEdge™ System: A network of miniature coils brings support and breathability all the way to the edge of your mattress, increasing your sleep surface.
- S&F Air Vents: Vents are built into the mattress to increase airflow and breathability.
- Hand Tufting
- Queen set starts at $3,499
Comfort Level and Mattress Top Options
Each collection has specific comfort levels and mattress tops available. Once you find a collection you like, you can pick a model that is either firmer/plusher.
Reserve Collection Comfort Levels:
- Ultra Plush
The Ultra Plush and Plush levels will have a Euro Pillowtop mattress top, the Firm level will not. Price will increase as the bed gets plusher.
The Reserve Collection has all of the bells and whistles when it comes to Stearns and Fosters luxury details. You will get the Hybrid Pillowtop feature that no other collection has.
The Reserve Collection also has a limited number of options. The Estate Collection has the most offerings in terms of comfort level and mattress tops and your choice of Advanced Adapt™ Foam.
Depending on what is available at your local retailer, you should be able to select a model, comfort level and mattress top that is the best fit for you.
Retailers & Models
Stearns and Foster sells their mattresses to a range of retailers, from large department stores like Sears to specialty stores like Factory Mattress. You can search for the retailer closest to you through the Stearns and Foster website.
Please know that each retailer names the models in their store. This means that a mattress at Bloomingdale’s may be called one name and the same mattress will be called another name at another store like Macy’s or Haverty’s.
For the most part, it seems like the Reserve Collection is usually titled: No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3 – but that may vary between store.
Not all retailers will have every single model in every single comfort level and mattress top available. Between varied inventory and different model names, it can be confusing to compare Stearns and Foster mattresses.
That’s why it’s important to know as much as possible about the mattresses before going to a retailer. If you have an idea of what you want, you will be able to narrow your choices down more easily.
The Reserve Collection has three different models/comfort levels: the Ultra Plush, Plush and Firm. Only the Ultra Plush and Plush models come with a Euro Pillowtop. The Reserve Collection includes every feature in the other collections plus an exclusive Hybrid Pillowtop.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Home Essentials Company Floyd Unveils Its First Mattress - November 15, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Casper Vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019