Sealy Posturepedic has been a very well known brand for a long time now. When you think of mattress brands, it might be one of the first that comes to mind because the brand is so prevalent everywhere you look. This review will take a look at Sealy Posturepedic as a whole, rather than zeroing in on the many different models.
Key Consideration To Note
It is a little tricky to comparison shop across different retail outlets when it comes to the line of Sealy Posturepedic mattresses. That is because generally, a mattress with one name in one store often goes by a different name in another store. Because the name for the same mattress is different, it takes a lot of extra effort to compare prices of models across different stores.
So, if you find one model you like in one store, you most likely won’t find that same name being sold at a different company’s store. It might be available at a different store, but it will be under another name.
Who Should Be Interested In Sealy Posturepedic?
- You Want Options– With Posturepedic, you have many different options. You have the three main lines, Posturepedic, Plus, and Hybrid. Within those lines you have many different models that create different feels. If you are willing to do the research necessary to investigate the differences and try a lot of them out, then the number of options should be enticing for you. If you want to do no research at all, then you can still do well here by having a mattress salesperson listen to your general preferences and help you identify which of the many options would be best for you.
- You Want To Buy In Store– Because there are so many options, I would strongly recommend for this line of mattresses that if you want to buy one, you go into a retail store. Given that the names are different across stores, it will be to really gauge how the different mattresses will feel to you without trying them out in store. You also won’t have the benefit of lots of reviews for each specific model to draw from. All the reason to go to a store. The Posturepedic line of mattresses are widely available, so you shouldn’t have any trouble tracking them down.
- You Generally Like An Innerspring/Hybrid Feel– All the Posturepedic models feature an innerspring support system with varying levels of polyfoam or gel memory foam. Some models feature much more foam than others, but in general the mattresses will retain an innerspring feel to them.
- You Want To Buy From A Company That Is Well Established With Years Of Consumer Data– Sealy Posturepedic has been around a long time. Unlike the newcomers in the industry, you have the ability to draw from lots of customer experiences. This will help you understand better what exactly you are getting from your product.
Who Might Not Be Interested In Sealy Posturepedic?
- You Want To Buy Online– The ease and comfort of shopping online is certainly understandable, especially given the sheer number of good options there are out there in the marketplace. As I mentioned above, going for a Posturepedic might be best for people who want to do lots of research and don’t mind trying out lots of different models, OR people who don’t want to do any research and just want to have a mattress salesperson point them in the right direction.
- You Have Durability Concerns– The one common complaint I’ve seen in regard to this line of mattresses is durability / the propensity for some models to sag over time. In analyzing the construction of each model in the line, some models have a lot of polyfoam with lower density. Generally, the higher density of the polyfoam, the longer it will last. The thicker the layers of lower density foam, the greater the probability of some durability issue. My advice would be to focus on the models that have lower thickness of the polyfoam layers.
- You Like Latex Or An Otherwise All-Foam Feel– If you prefer the springiness and feel of latex, that’s not really what you get from any of the Posturepedic mattresses. If you like an all-foam feel, that too is not really what you get from this line of mattresses.
The key points of consideration to keep in mind is the name issue I described above. You should also try to follow my advice about durability if you plan on having the mattress for a long time. As for pricing, I would certainly try to wait for a sale if you are shopping in a store. You can also try to find the particular model online and see if you can get any savings there too. Other than that, the brand certainly provides many different options that can be a good fit for a lot of sleepers.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.