Tomorrow Sleep is a bed-in-a-box startup. However, the company is backed by Serta Simmons, which is the biggest mattress manufacturer in the country. Tomorrow Sleep also has other sleep products available for sale, including pillows, sheets, a mattress protector, drapes, a comforter, and a sleep tracker. In this review we are taking look at the Medium Firm version of the mattress. How does it stack up? Read on for my full Tomorrow Sleep mattress review.
- The cover is very thin and is made out of polyester and nylon. The thinness of the cover means you can engage more directly with the top layers of the mattress
- The top layer is 1 inch of what they call black diamond phase change material memory foam. The memory foam has a 3.5 lb. density. This layer is faster to respond than most memory foam, so you get pressure relief without the feeling of getting stuck. The phase change materials is an additive that will help make sure you can sleep cool. It is actually cool to the touch. The diamonds integrated into the foam also add support to the layer. (note: on the Medium Soft version the density is 4.8 lbs.)
- The next layer is .5 inches of what they call airy comfort foam with gel. It is a soft and fairly responsive layer that again will help make sure you don’t feel like you get stuck in the mattress. It has a 2.5 lb. density.
- The next layer is 1.5 inches of “dynamic response foam.” It has a 2.6 lb. density and has a memory foam-like feel to it. Overall, the comfort layers work together to provide really good pressure relief while also making it easy to move around and switch positions.
- The support layer is 6 inches of pocketed coils. This is a highly supportive and durable support system that also has great motion isolation.
- There are foam side rails that have perforations in them. This makes the mattress have great edge support and keeps the mattress breathable.
Click Here And Use Code CLARITY100 To Get $100 Off The Tomorrow Sleep Mattress
Overall this is a well constructed mattress. They use good materials that should last a long time.
You Might Want To Get The Tomorrow Sleep Mattress If:
- You Want A Memory Foam Feel Without The Feeling Of Getting Stuck– The top layer of the mattress is faster-responding than most memory foams. Given this and the pocketed coils used in the support layer, this mattress gives you good pressure relief without the feeling of getting stuck (which is a common complaint amongst memory foam mattress owners). This is an aspect where the they hybrid construction can be very beneficial.
- You Want Memory Foam But Have Concerns About Sleeping Hot– Within the memory foam mattress category, this mattress will stand out in how it addresses the issue of sleeping cool. The phase change material in the top layer in addition to the coil system and perforated side rails mean you can expect not to have issues with overheating.
- You Sleep In Multiple Positions– While I tried the Medium Firm version (instead of the Medium Soft), I still thought the mattress had excellent pressure relief. I had no issues sleeping on my side at all. I think the comfort layer is thin enough and firm enough to cater to most stomach and back sleepers, so overall I think this mattress is a great choice for people who like to sleep in multiple positions.
- You Sleep With A Partner– The Tomorrow Sleep mattress excels at isolating motion. This means if you sleep with a partner, when he/she moves around in the bed, you won’t really be disturbed.
Click Here And Use Code CLARITY100 To Get $100 Off The Tomorrow Sleep Mattress
You Might Not Want To Get The Tomorrow Sleep Mattress If:
- You Are Looking For A Very Firm Mattress– I had great success with the medium firm version of this mattress. I didn’t think it was overly firm and thought it still had really great pressure relief. With that said, there will be a certain percentage of people who like an extra firm mattress. I don’t think those people will be a good fit for Tomorrow Sleep because even the Medium Firm version isn’t overly firm.
- You Want A Mattress With Bounce– This mattress doesn’t have a full memory foam feel (given its hybrid nature), but at the same time it doesn’t have a ton of bounce. Bounce is a personal preference type of thing, but if that is what you want then I would look at a full innerspring or latex mattress.
How Much Will You Sink Into The Mattress?
Some mattresses make you feel like you are sleeping right on top of the mattress, while with other mattresses you feel like you really sink into the mattress. Whether sleeping “in” or “on” your mattress is really just a matter of personal preference. In the case of the Tomorrow Sleep Medium Firm mattress, I felt like the answer is somewhere between the two. I can feel my hips sinking into the mattress but not too much. Overall, there is some sinkage but not as much as many other mattresses out there.
The video below shows off the general firmness and feel of the mattress. I think the Medium Firm is still just slightly softer than average. I didn’t feel much pressure at all on my side and I felt like I sank into the mattress a bit. You can see that I can easily push my hand into the initial layers of the mattress. The top layers are pretty soft. However, the pocketed coils prevent you from sinking into the mattress too much and as a result I felt properly supported during the times I spent on my back. The mattress is a hybrid but I think overall has a more memory foam feel.
Medium Soft Vs Medium Firm- Which Should You Get?
I really liked the Medium Firm version and thought it was soft enough to relieve pressure really well on my shoulders while sleeping on my side. In fact, the pressure relief was one of the first things I really noticed about the mattress. With that said, I think the majority of people will want to get the Medium Firm version. If you are very lightweight and sleep mainly on your side, then you might want to take a look at getting the Medium Soft version. Otherwise, I think the Medium Firm version is the way to go.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress really excels with edge support. They have a side rail system that allows you to use the full surface area of the mattress without feeling like you are going to fall off. If you want to tie your shoes at the edge of the bed, you won’t have any issues. This is also good for people who sleep with a partner and want to maximize the sleeping surface. This is definitely a great feature to have.
Will The Mattress Sleep Hot?
I didn’t have any issues with sleeping hot with this mattress. The phase change material and perforated edges combine to do a nice job of keeping the mattress breathable. There are probably other types of mattresses that would be more breathable, but I would say if you are looking at getting a memory foam mattress, this will be one of the better options as far as sleeping hot is concerned.
The video below shows off how well the mattress does with motion transfer. Because of the memory foam layers and the fact that the coils are pocketed, the mattress does perform quite well at isolating motion. This makes it a great choice for couples.
People sometimes ask about off-gassing, which is a slight chemical smell that you might experience once you unbox a foam mattress. It is similar to a new car smell in my opinion. In the case of the Tomorrow Sleep mattress, there was slight off-gassing, but it was gone after 24 hours. It should not be a concern at all.
Will It Work With An Adjustable Base?
The mattress will work just fine with an adjustable base. You can also use it with a platform bed, slatted base, box spring, or any flat surface. I used the mattress with a platform bed with wooden slats and it worked great for me.
Prices And Mattress Weight
The chart below shows the prices for all of the available sizes of the mattress, as well as the weight and dimensions for the Medium Firm version.
|Twin||38" x 74.5" x 10"||79 lbs.||$550|
|Twin XL||38" x 79.5" x 10"||82 lbs.||$600|
|Full||53" x 74.5" x 10"||98 lbs.||$800|
|Queen||60" x 79.5" x 10"||110 lbs.||$990|
|King||76" x 79.5" x 10"||132 lbs.||$1,200|
|CA King||72" x 83.5" x 10"||134 lbs.||$1,250|
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- It has a memory foam feel without the drawbacks commonly associated with memory foam (the feeling of getting stuck and sleeping hot)
- It uses high-quality materials that are more durable than what you typically find at this price range
- It is backed by a very well-established, respected company
- It has very good pressure relief while still being supportive for back and stomach sleepers
There is a lot to like about the Tomorrow Sleep mattress. If you want to get the best of memory foam and springs in one mattress, then Tomorrow Sleep is a great place to look.