The Organica mattress is a new memory foam mattress with an organic cotton cover. The mattress has a very interesting design and feel, and may be of special interest to those that want a somewhat more natural mattress.
You will love Organica if:
- You like a firmer mattress – though the mattress appears fairly soft to the touch, it actually feels pretty firm when laying on it, definitely a little firmer than the average bed-in-a-box model.
- You like the organic cover – the cover is completely organic, which will please the natural and eco-friendly minded shoppers. The mattress isn’t completely organic, but it is a step ahead of nearly all mattresses in this price range.
- You are looking for value – you can order your Organica mattress online, cutting out a lot of the middle men in the sales process and saving you money.
- You like its unique design – the Organica definitely has a unique look that some may enjoy.
You may not like Organica if:
- You want a soft mattress – Organica mattress is fairly firm
- You do not like memory foam – many of my readers are taken by certain brands, but ultimately even if it’s a good memory foam mattress, you will not like it if you’re not a fan of memory foam.
- You want an entirely organic mattress – Organica is one step closer, but not entirely organic. Though at this price range I’m not aware of a mattress that is entirely organic, so expect to pay more if this is a priority for you.
I had a good experience with Organica, the foam is definitely high quality, and the organic cover intriguing. The mattress was a little firm for my taste, but I think for a person with this preference it could be a very good fit. Only downside was the edge support, which was definitely lacking, but overall the mattress holds up against many of the online-only options in terms of comfort and support.
The cover is made entirely of organic cotton, and has a very unique design. It’s definitely one of the cooler looking mattresses I’ve tried, and very attractive to the natural-minded person. Also, the cotton-ticking is quilted with memory foam, making the cover feel extra plush.
Other things to note
- You get a 120 day trial, where you can return the mattress for a full refund if it doesn’t suit your needs.
- 5% of Organica profits are donated to charity.
- The mattress didn’t sleep hot at all during my sleep trial
- The mattress is 11 inches thick (most bed-in-a-box mattresses are 10 inches)
The Organica mattress is an interesting take on the online-only business model (see our guide to buying a mattress online). It’s not my personal favorite, but for the right person it could be a good option. I do like the design and organic cover, but it was a little firm for my taste. Let me know if you have any questions about Organica or other mattresses I’ve reviewed.
- Features organic cotton cover
- Generous donation to charity upon purchase
- Unique design
- Not entirely organic
- Poor edge support
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Brooklyn Bedding Propel Mattress Review – Great For Side Sleepers? - July 15, 2019
- How Do Different Animals Sleep? - July 13, 2019
- Recycling Mattresses, Appliances, and other Household Items - July 13, 2019