Serta’s new iSeries Hybrid line offers the pressure relief of their patented foam technology and the support and contouring of their coil systems. They are also designed to keep you from sleeping hot.
Every iSeries Hybrid mattress features a cooling gel memory foam, an innerspring support system with individually wrapped coils, and cooling cover.
Each model’s name, price, and availability could vary depending on the retailer. Always shop at an authorized Serta retailer to ensure an authentic purchase.
How many models come in the Serta iSeries Hybrid Collection?
There are four models in the series:
- Hybrid 100 Firm
- Hybrid 300 Plush
- Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm
- Hybrid 1000 Firm
Serta iSeries Hybrid 100 Firm Mattress
Who makes Serta iSeries Hybrid mattresses?
The iSeries Hybrid mattress collection is made by Serta, a company located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. The company was originally founded in 1931 as Sleeper Inc. and has become one of the top mattress manufacturers in the United States.
What sizes do they come in?
Here are the available sizes for each Serta iSeries Hybrid models:
|Twin||Twin XL||Full||Queen||King||CA King|
|Hybrid 100 Firm||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Hybrid 300 Plush||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Hybrid 1000 Firm||x||x||x||x||x||x|
What types of beds/frames do they work with?
The iSeries Hybrid mattresses should be compatible with standard box springs and bed frames. According to the Serta website, you should always use a bed frame “with a center support that extends to the floor in order to not void the warranty” if you have a Queen, King, or California King sized mattress.
The website also says: “You may use a solid bed platform, however, it must have a center support that extends to the floor in order to not void the warranty.”
What materials and components are standard in the Hybrid models?
Each of the four hybrid models in the series contains Cool Reaction® Gel Memory Foam, an 886 Pro-Support™ Coil System with Best Edge® Foam Encasement, and a HyperFeel™ Surface Design cover.
What is Serta’s new HyperFeel™ Surface cover fabric?
The new HyperFeel™ Surface is a new component, that features “a touchably soft cover fabric design that brings the cooling, comforting and supportive feel of memory foam right to the top of the bed.”
- Basic Construction: The mattress is approximately 13.5” high and contains a HyperFeel Surface Design cover, .5” Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, 1” EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam, 1” Serta Balanced Support Foam, 1” EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam, and 886 Pro-Support Coil System with Best Edge Foam Encasement.
- Firmness: This mattress leans toward the firmer side of the scale.
- What sleeper is it best suited for: Firm beds tend to be the best fit for stomach sleepers or back sleepers who like firm beds.
- Basic Construction: The mattress is approximately 13.5” high and contains a HyperFeel Surface Design, .5” Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, 2” EverCool Fuze Gel Memory Foam, 1” Serta Balanced Support Foam, and 886 Pro-Support Coil System with Best Edge Foam Encasement.
- Firmness: This mattress leans toward the softer side of the scale.
- What sleeper is it best for: Soft beds tend to be the best fit for side sleepers.
- Basic Construction: The mattress is approximately 14” high and contains HyperFeel Surface Design, .5” Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, 1.5” EverCool Supreme Memory Foam, 2” EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam, and 886 Pro-Support Coil System with Best Edge Foam Encasement
- Firmness: This mattress is a bit firmer than average.
- What sleeper is it best for: Average firmness-level beds tend to be best for back sleepers. It is a bit firmer, so it could be good for some stomach sleepers.
- Basic Construction: The mattress is approximately 15.625” high and contains HyperFeel™ Surface Design, .5” Cool Reaction® Gel Memory Foam, 2” EverCool® Twist Gel Memory Foam, 1” Serta® Balanced Support Foam, 2” EverCool® Twist Gel Memory Foam, and 886 Pro-Support™ Coil System with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
- Firmness: This mattress is average in terms of firmness.
- What sleeper is it best for: Average firmness-level beds tend to be best for side sleepers.
Serta iSeries Hybrid 1000 Firm
Do they come with a box spring included?
The iSeries Hybrid collection is not available directly from Serta.com, meaning you can only purchase it at other retailers. Some retailers may include a box spring with purchase, while others may not.
Who Might Want A Serta iSeries Hybrid Bed?
- People interested in a hybrid mattress. These models are designed to be the “best of both worlds,” with both memory foam and innerspring coil technology.
- People who want a mattress with cooling technology. Each model in this collection features Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, then either EverCool Supreme Memory Foam, EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam, EverCool Fuze Gel Memory Foam, or some combination. Sleepers shouldn’t be sleeping hot on these mattresses.
- People who sleep with a partner. The motion isolation will make it so couples shouldn’t feel their partner move around at night. Those seeking good movement isolation technology might also want to consider a mattress from this line.
Who Might Not Want A Serta iSeries Hybrid Bed?
- People who prefer straight memory foam mattresses. These are hybrids, meaning there are layers of memory foam, but there are also innerspring coils. Those who don’t like coils may look elsewhere.
- People who prefer innerspring coil mattresses. Similarly, while these mattresses do have innerspring coils, they also have multiple layers of memory foam. Some sleepers may not like the foam feel.
- Those looking for a budget-friendly option. Prices vary depending on the model, size, and retailer, but recommended retail prices are over $1,000 for each model.
- You Want to shop online. The iSeries hybrid line is only available at select Mattress Firm locations. If you wish to purchase online, you can check out the Perfect Sleeper and iComfort lines from Serta.
- Some people really like the feel of the HyperFeel™ Surface cover fabric. One wrote: “The way the foam molds to you has kept me from my normal tossing and turning and I believe helped me get into a deeper sleep much faster.”
- People who previously suffered from back or joint pain say that the mattress supports them without putting pressure on painful areas.
- One reviewer particularly enjoyed the handles on the side of the mattress that made it easy to rotate.
- Buyers say that the motion transfer technology really works, so they are not disturbed by their partners. “There is little movement of the mattress when one of us get out of bed at night,” a reviewer said.
- Some buyers say the mattresses take a while to break in, and feel extremely firm at first. The mattresses should feel a bit softer over time.
- Some of the mattresses in this series are quite tall, meaning people may need to purchase special deep-pocket sheets to fit them.
- Due to a process called off-gassing, some reviewers say that the mattresses have a chemical smell. One wrote: “The first 4 days, the chemical smell was unbearable. I had to leave the mattress in a room with the windows open and fans on around the clock. By the 5th day, I slept on the mattress but could still smell the chemicals.” The smell should dissipate naturally within a few days.
- A few buyers say they noticed lumps, bumps, and “sagging at the edges” in their mattresses, leading to an uncomfortable sleep experience.
- Some buyers say the mattress runs hot at night, causing them to overheat. One wrote: “This would be an amazingly comfortable mattress, except that it heats up in the middle of the night and wakes me up. I’ve tried a range of mattress pads that mitigate the problem, but it never really goes away.”
120-Day In-Home Trial
Typically, Serta offers a 120-day in-home trial. However, since you cannot purchase iSeries Hybrid models directly from Serta, this does not apply. Any trial period depends on the specific retailer you purchase from.
Each individual Serta mattress will have a “law tag” attached to it, listing a warranty code.
Also, the bedframe you use matters when it comes to the warranty.
Queen and King-size mattresses require a bed frame with a center support that extends to the floor in order to not void the warranty.
You may use a solid bed platform, however, it must have a center support that extends to the floor in order to not void the warranty.
And if you have a Serta adjustable frame, make sure the mattress you use on it was designed to be used with an adjustable base.
Other things to note:
According to the website, “Stains, soiling, fluid penetration or other signs of abuse may invalidate the warranty.”
Never remove the law tag, as that could void the warranty.
Featured image: From Serta