The Serta iSeries Hybrid mattress line incorporates proprietary foam technology as well as individually wrapped coils. All of the iSeries Hybrid mattresses are designed to offer a balance of comfort and support.
While it is called the 1000 Firm, this mattress is actually average in terms of firmness. Medium-firm mattresses are often best for back sleepers and some side sleepers.
Will you find comfort on this medium-firm mattress? Read on for our full overview of the Serta iSeries Hybrid 1000 Firm mattress.
You Will Like This Mattress If …
- You are a back sleeper. Medium-firm mattresses are often best for back sleepers. They give the needed support without being too firm. If you sleep primarily on your back, this could be a good choice for you.
- You are a side sleeper who likes their mattress a bit more firm. While side sleepers usually do better with softer mattresses, side sleepers who like a little more firmness might find this mattress to be comfortable. It is medium-firm, so it should still have decent pressure relief if you sleep on your side.
- You are a hot sleeper. The multiple gel layers are made to dissipate heat, and the coil system allows for good airflow. The mattress is designed to ensure you won’t sleep hot.
You May Not Like This Mattress If …
- You are a stomach sleeper who needs a firmer mattress. If you sleep primarily on your stomach, this mattress may not be firm enough for you. Stomach sleepers often require a firm mattress to give them the proper support in that position. This mattress may be too soft if you sleep primarily on your stomach.
- You are a side sleeper who likes a softer mattress. While some side sleepers may find this mattress fits their needs, it may be too firm for others. It is a medium-firm mattress, so it may not give the level of pressure relief some side sleepers want.
- You are not a fan of memory foam. This is a hybrid mattress, so it does feature memory foam in its design. Though it is medium-firm, it may still have that slow, sinking feel to it. If you do not like this feeling, you may want to look for a pure innerspring mattress.
Construction And Materials
This mattress is approximately 15.625″ high and contains:
- HyperFeel™ Surface Design
- 0.5” Cool Reaction® Gel Memory Foam
- 2” EverCool® Twist Gel Memory Foam
- 1” Serta® Balanced Support Foam
- 2” EverCool® Twist Gel Memory Foam
- 886 Pro-Support™ Coil System with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
Feel And Firmness
Even though this model is called the Hybrid 1000 Firm, it is right in the middle of Serta’s firmness scale and has a medium firmness.
Most Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- Couples who have different preferences on mattress firmness say this model is a good option that makes both people happy. One person wrote, “This mattress is a good compromise on firmness between my partner and I.”
- Buyers are happy with the temperature-regulating technology this model provides. One reviewer said, “We stay cool through the night.”
- People with back and joint pain say this mattress is supportive. One person wrote, “After sleeping on it for a week our spines have come back into alignment and we are in less pain and more rested everyday.”
Most Common Complaints/Other Things to Note
- One reviewer said the mattress was not supportive, and they felt like they were “falling off the mattress due to sagging at the edges.” Another agreed, writing, “I am a side sleeper and if I am near the edge of the bed it almost feels like I am being pushed off the edge by morning.”
- This mattress is approximately 15.625″ high, meaning standard sheets may not fit properly. Some buyers say they needed to purchase special deep-pocket sheets for use with this mattress model.
Why Pick This Mattress Over Other Serta Models?
This is a hybrid model, which means it has both memory foam and coils. Other Serta models feature memory foam or coils exclusively, rather than a combination of the two technologies.
The mattress is medium-firm on Serta’s firmness scale. Pick this mattress if you are a back sleeper or side sleeper who prefers a firmer mattress.
This model, along with others in the iSeries Hybrid collection, has a new cover made of HyperFeel Surface Design. According to the brand, that’s “a touchably soft cover fabric design that brings the cooling, comforting and supportive feel of memory foam right to the top of the bed.”
The mattress is approximately 15.625” high and contains HyperFeel™ Surface Design, 0.5” Cool Reaction® Gel Memory Foam, 2” EverCool® Twist Gel Memory Foam, 1” Serta® Balanced Support Foam, 2” EverCool® Twist Gel Memory Foam, and 886 Pro-Support™ Coil System with Best Edge® Foam Encasement.
Hot sleepers, back sleepers, or side sleepers who prefer a firmer mattress may like the iSeries Hybrid 1000 Firm mattress.
All images from Serta