The Herobed is a new mattress that comes from two brothers who have been in the industry for a long time. It has a unique hybrid construction that features two separate layers of microcoils in the comfort layer. Given its unique features and the expertise behind its design, I was excited to give it a try and see how it compares to other bed-in-a-box options.
You Might Want To Get The Herobed If:
- You Like A Slightly Softer Mattress– This mattress is softer than the average mattress I have reviewed. If you like something a little softer, this is a good choice.
- You Sleep On Your Side– Pressure relief is one of the most notable characteristics of this mattress. This makes it ideal for side sleepers, who should expect to get great pressure relief from this mattress.
- You Have Concerns About Sleeping Hot– There are many ways this mattress ensures you will sleep cool. For one, the microcoil layers have lots of space in them for air to flow. The graphite and gel infused into the memory foam works well to draw heat away from the body as well.
- You Want Memory Foam Without The Feeling Of Getting Stuck– This mattress has a true hybrid feel. You get good pressure relief, but the mattress is also pretty responsive. You sink into it a little bit, but you don’t have the feeling of getting stuck.
You Might Not Want To Get The Herobed If:
- You Are A Heavier Back Or Stomach Sleeper– This mattress is softer than average. That makes it have great pressure relief, but you may not get the support you need if you are of heavier weight and sleep on your back or stomach.
- You Want A Full Memory Foam Feel– This mattress is more responsive than traditional memory foam mattresses. You sink into the mattress a decent amount but not as much as most pure memory foam mattresses.
- You Want The Bounce Of Latex– This mattress has some bounce to it, but not as much as a latex or some innerspring mattresses.
- The top layer is 1.5 inches of graphite and gel-infused memory foam with a 3.5 lb density. The graphite and gel combine, in addition to the open cell structure, to make the foam much more breathable than conventional memory foam. This mattress definitely sleeps cool as a result.
- The next layer is a small layer of “comfort coils,” which are tiny and soft microcoils. There are over 2,000 coils in this layer. While coil count can often be a confusing and misleading metric, in this case there are a LOT of coils and you get great conformance and motion isolation as a result.
- The next layer is a small polyfoam layer simply meant to be a barrier between the two microil layers.
- The next layer is another layer of microcoils. This layer is still part of the comfort materials but also works as a transition from the comfort to the support layer.
- The base layer is a pretty standard high-density polyfoam support layer.
- This is a very breathable mattress. For one, the microcoil layers leave a lot of space for air to flow through the mattress. That alone makes the mattress breathable. However, the graphite and gel infused into the mattress also do a good job of drawing heat away from your body. Taken together, this mattress sleeps cool.
- The memory foam used in the top layer is 3.5 lb density. That is slightly lower than I would like to see, but other than that I don’t have any concerns about the durability of the mattress.
- The construction really gives the mattress a true hybrid feel. You sink into the mattress a decent amount, but not as much as a true memory foam mattress. You get some bounce, but not a lot. You have memory foam in it, but it’s still a breathable mattress.
To me, this mattress is softer than average. I would put it at a 5.5 out of 10, if 0 is the softest and 10 is the firmest. The mattress overall has what I would call a balanced feel. It has some bounce, but not a lot. You sink into the mattress a decent amount, but not as much as with a pure memory foam mattress.
The video below shows that the mattress does a really good job of isolating motion, making it a great choice for couples. This is most likely because of the top layer of memory foam.
Adjustable Base Friendly?
The video below shows that the Herobed works great with an adjustable base.
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- It combines a lot of the benefits of foam and spring mattresses without some of the drawbacks
- It has great pressure relief without getting hot or the feeling of getting stuck
- It’s an excellent choice for side sleepers
Click Here And Use Code “CLARITY100” For $100 Off The Herobed
This is a high-quality mattress that can be a good choice for a lot of people. It’s definitely not for everybody, but it has many of the features and characteristics that most people look for in a mattress.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Mattress Review – A Quality Value? - December 18, 2018
- Level Sleep Giveaway – Zoned For Back Pain? - December 5, 2018
- 6 Most Comfortable Mattresses 2019 – Which Is Best For You? - December 3, 2018