Ameena is a bed-in-a-box company that sells only online. They have a latex-over-memory-foam construction that is similar to some popular competitors (see how Ameena compares to leading brands HERE), but they really stand apart with their generous giving back program. Read on for my full Ameena mattress review.
You will like the Ameena mattress if…
- You want the best of latex and memory foam – latex over memory foam aims to give the mattress the “spring” and sleeping cool of latex while still having some of the support and comfort of memory foam.
- You want great value – Ameena is sold only online, passing on some of the business model savings to the consumer.
- You want to give back – Ameena donates one mattress for every one sold, by far the most generous giving back program I have seen in the mattress industry.
You may not like the Ameena mattress if…
- You want a very firm or very soft mattress – Ameena has one firmness setting, so it won’t suit those looking for a very firm or plush option.
- You prefer an innerspring feel – though Ameena offers great comfort and support, it has a distinctly different feel than an innerspring mattress.
Ameena Firmness and Feel
The Ameena mattress has more spring to it than the average memory foam mattress due to the layer of latex on top. As you can see in the video below, it comes back fairly quickly, making it a good option for sleepers that don’t want the “stuck in the bed” feeling.
Ameena Mattress Motion Transfer
As with most foam mattresses, the Ameena performs very well with the motion transfer test. This means that if your partner is tossing and turning throughout the night, you will be less disturbed. Strong performance on the motion transfer test is essential for a good mattress for couples.
Ameena Giving Back Program
Ameena has an incredibly unique program where they will donate one mattress per one mattress sold. These mattresses will be donated to shelters and other charities around the country. Other mattress companies have similar programs, but I’ve never seen a “one given per one sold” kind of ratio. If you are interested in giving back, Ameena is definitely a leading option.
Ameena Mattress Construction
Ameena is a latex over memory foam construction, which is the choice of today’s most popular online brands (think Casper). The mattress is 10 inches thick in total and consists of:
- 2″ premium latex
- 2″ cooling gel memory foam
- 6″ polyurethane foam
Other things to note:
- Ameena offers a 120 night sleep trial
- They have a standard 10 year warranty
- The mattress is hypoallergenic and VOC free
- Great giving back program
- 120 night sleep trial
- Good comfort and support tradeoff
The Ameena was a very comfortable sleep, offering the latex-over-memory-foam construction that I’ve really liked with a few other mattresses I’ve rated. Though the construction is common, I think they really stand out with their giving back program, which is by far the most generous in the industry. Overall I really like the company and the mattress.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Wright W2.15 Mattress Review – A Luxury Hybrid? - December 17, 2019
- Zinus Vs Casper – Which All-Foam Mattress Stands Out? - December 9, 2019
- Zoma Mattress Review – Zoned For Comfort And Support? - November 26, 2019