Before even trying the myCloud mattress, it struck me as plush. A memory foam mattress that comes with various thicknesses (Stratus, Cumulus, Cirrus, and Nimbus). I personally slept on the Nimbus, which is the thickest model at 14 inches of foam.
Overall the mattress definitely delivers on its promise – a quality memory foam mattress for a reasonable price. I enjoyed the myCloud experience, but I don’t think the mattress is for everyone. Read on for my full myCloud mattress review.
You will love myCloud if you…
- Love Memory Foam – Many online mattress companies are straying away from the pure memory foam feel, trying to give it more bounce. The myCloud mattress doubles down on the memory foam feel (think Tempur-pedic).
- You have a strong firmness preference – myCloud offers four firmness preferences, ranging from firm to plush. I tried the plushest option, and I have to say it is by far the most plush mattress I have reviewed.
- Want good value – myCloud is one of the more reasonably priced memory foam mattresses of this quality, ranging from $399-$999
You may not like myCloud if you…
- Want a mattress with “spring” – the myCloud has the traditional memory foam feel, so it can be difficult to move around easily at night. Just know it’s not going to top our best mattress for sex list.
- You want social proof – myCloud is a lesser known brand in the online internet space, so you don’t have the benefit of thousands of reviews like other brands.
myCloud Firmness and Feel
When watching the video above, keep in mind that there are various firmness options available for myCloud, and we have the most plush option they offer. However the slow response (classic memory foam feel) will hold true for all of the different models.
The response is similar to the classic “hand print test” made famous by Tempur-pedic, showing how the foam conforms perfectly to offer great support.
myCloud Motion Transfer Test
As expected, the myCloud mattress performs perfectly in the motion transfer test. This makes the mattress a great mattress for couples that do not want to disturb each other throughout the night.
myCloud Mattress Construction
The actual construction of the myCloud mattress will change based on the firmness preference, mostly just altering the amount of memory foam on the top layer of the mattress. The model that I show in the video consists of:
- Cover: 1 inch of quilted comfort memory foam
- Pillow top: 2 inches gel-infused ventilated memory foam
- Top layer: 1 inch ventilated memory foam
- Middle Layer: 1 inches of medium-density memory foam
- Base: 9 inches of polyfoam
If you want memory foam at a reasonable price, myCloud is definitely an option to consider. Particularly if you want that super plush memory foam feel, myCloud delivers better than any other mattress I have reviewed.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Mattress For Hip Pain 2020 - March 13, 2020
- Best Pillow Top Mattress 2020 - March 5, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020