This review of the Cariloha mattress will go over everything consumers need to know about the mattress, including a full breakdown of the construction, firmness and feel, edge support, motion isolation, comfort, support, breathability, durability, and much more.
- The cover is made of plush viscose from bamboo and doesn’t affect the overall feel of the mattress significantly.
- The top layer is 1” of what they call bamboo charcoal memory foam, which is a more breathable form of memory foam.
- The second layer is 3” of standard memory foam, which makes 4” total for the comfort layer.
- The base layer is 6” of polyfoam. The foam has holes cut into it in a grid format to allow for more air circulation.
- The memory foam used in this mattress is very slow-moving. People iwll slowly sink into the mattress and they definitely get the feel of sleeping “in” the mattress rather than sleeping “on” the mattress.
Who Might Want To Pick The Cariloha Bamboo Mattress?
- People Who Want A Foam Mattress But Are Afraid Of Sleeping Hot– The base layer has lines cut into the top of it to promote air circulation, and the bamboo-infused foam make for a breathable sleeping surface compared to other memory foam mattresses.
- Those Who Sleep With A Partner– This mattress does a really great job at isolating motion. It also has great edge support for a foam mattress, meaning you get to use more of the sleeping surface. That makes the mattress a solid option for couples.
- People Who Like Slow-Moving Foam– This is an unapologetically memory foam mattress where you slowly sink into the mattress and it envelops you. You feel more that you sleep “in” the mattress rather than sleep “on” it.
Who Might Not Want To Pick The Cariloha Bamboo Mattress?
- People Who Are Looking For Something Softer Than Average– I think most people will agree that this mattress is a little bit firmer than average. I think it still has good pressure relief for side sleeping, but if you want a soft mattress, there are probably better options out there.
- Those Who Want A Mattress With Bounce– If you want a bouncier, more resilient feel, then you will want to look elsewhere. With this mattress, you slowly sink into it.
The company itself says the mattress is a 6-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. I would tend to agree and think it is firmer than average. The video below also shows how slow-moving the foam is.
This mattress performs very well with motion isolation. The video below shows that barely any motion transfers from one side of the mattress to the other. That makes this a great option for couples.
This mattress has a special construction to provide great edge support. It definitely has much better edge support than the average foam mattress, so you get to comfortably use almost the entire width of the sleeping surface.
Should People Buy It?
If you are looking for a memory foam feel and something a little bit firmer than average, this can be a great choice. It’s also breathable and a great pick for couples.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Mattress For Hip Pain 2020 - March 13, 2020
- Best Pillow Top Mattress 2020 - March 5, 2020
- Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Mattress Review – A Great Balance Of Comfort And Support? - March 4, 2020