The Luxi mattress definitely offers a new take on the bed-in-a-box model, allowing you to customize the firmness of each side of the mattress so that you (and your partner) can better match your sleeping preference and style.
It’s a cool concept, so I wanted to see the feel of the mattress and how well the mattress actually fits different preferences (see how luxi compares HERE).
I think it can be a great choice for couples and for people who just aren’t sure what type of firmness they want.
Read my Luxi review below for the results.
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-B1YJqHkQ[/responsive_video]
You’ll love the Luxi mattress if you…
- Want to customize your mattress firmness – A lot of people worry when buying a mattress they’ll choose the wrong one, or especially the wrong firmness setting. With Luxi you can customize on the fly, and even test out different settings to see what best suits your needs.
- Sleep with a partner with different preferences – You can customize each side of the Luxi mattress, so if you and your partner have different firmness preferences, it’s a great solution.
- Want great value – Luxi follows the direct-to-consumer model, so you’re getting a good product at a fraction of the price. There aren’t many mattresses that let you customize each side of the mattress anywhere near this price point.
You may not like the Luxi mattress if you…
- You don’t value customization – if you have very average sleeping preferences, the Luxi customization features really won’t add any benefit to your experience.
- You prefer a spring mattress – though Luxi has a cool brand and concept, don’t make the mistake of thinking it will convert you to a foam lover if you’re truly a spring person at heart.
Luxi Mattress Customization
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMfZdLS3r14[/responsive_video]
As you can see, it’s very easy to customize each side of the mattress. Each of the firmness settings are very distinct, so I think most people will end up sleeping on the medium setting. However if you prefer a very soft or very firm mattress (or your partner does), Luxi can deliver. This makes the mattress a great option for couples or for someone that sleeps in multiple positions throughout the night (as long as you are willing to roll to the other side of the bed).
The other thing to consider for couples, aside from firmness customization, is motion transfer. The Luxi is all foam, so I expected it to perform well, but watch the video below to see for yourself.
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’0′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWKWR_xQL_8[/responsive_video]
Construction Overview and Sleeping Hot
The layers of the Luxi include a latex foam layer, a memory foam layer, and base foam. Naturally the order will change depending on what preference you prefer!
I tried the mattress on the medium setting primarily. I tried the soft setting a little bit, but it was a little too soft for my taste. On medium and soft the mattress did not sleep hot at all. However when you set the mattress to firm, the base foam is the top layer, which I presume does not deal with sleeping hot as well as the other foams. If you’re planning on using the firm setting and are concerned about sleeping hot, I would definitely investigate that further for yourself before pulling the trigger.
Other things to note:
- Luxi has a 100 night sleep trial (full refund within 100 days, no strings attached) and a 1000 night sleep guarantee (also a refund period, but with some strings)
- Free Shipping
- 10 Year Warranty
- Made in the USA
I think I mentioned it many times in this Luxi mattress review, but customization is the key here. If you’re looking to customize the mattress to your preference, especially different preferences on each side, then I think Luxi is just about your only option at this price range (see all mattresses I’ve reviewed). Irregardless of customization, I found it to be a comfortable mattress at a reasonable price.
- Easy to customize
- Great for couples
- Good Firmness options