The TEMPUR-Contour Elite Breeze is the Breeze version of the very popular Contour Elite from Tempur-Pedic. This mattress has extra features that keep the mattress sleeping cool. How does this model stack up against the others?
This is the Breeze version of the Contour Elite. I would encourage you to check out the full construction of that mattress in my full Contour Elite review. The “Breeze” element of this mattress is that the cover uses a different fabric, the comfort layer is infused with gel, and the foam is modified in such a way that the sleeping surface is cool. From reading all the reviews available on this mattress, most people agree this model does a good job of keeping the mattress cool.
The company is very explicit in saying what the exact firmness level of the mattress is intended to be. In this case, the mattress is very firm, and is the second firmest in the line.
You Might Want To Pick This Mattress If:
- You Are Especially Prone To Sleeping Hot– The extra $1,000 to get the Breeze version is a lot, but it does appear to be effective at keeping a cool sleeping surface. Therefore, I would recommend getting this version only if you are extra sensitive to sleeping hot.
- You Sleep Mainly On Your Back/Stomach– This mattress is quite firm, so it is best suited to people who sleep on their back or stomach.
- You Have Lower Back Pain– Because of the firmness and how conforming the memory foam is, this mattress can be good for those who have lower back pain (although if you have any sort of pain, you should see a doctor)
You Might Not Want To Pick This Mattress If:
- You Sleep On Your Side– This mattress is probably too firm for most people who sleep on their side. I would look at other options if you mainly sleep on your side (in which case, take a look at the Cloud Supreme Breeze or Cloud Luxe Breeze).
- You Have Budget Concerns Or Don’t Anticipate Having The Mattress For Long– This mattress is not cheap. There are other options out there that can provide a somewhat similar feel for less money. This mattress also will last you a long time, which is where the value really kicks in. If you don’t plan on having the mattress for long, then you won’t get the full value out of it.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise
- People often comment on how it has helped alleviate back pain
- People generally agree the mattress has a cool sleeping surface
Most Common Complaints
- Some people question whether the extra $1,000 is worth it
- Some think the mattress is a bit too firm for them
Why Would Someone Pick This Model Over The Other Tempur-Pedic Mattresses?
- It’s great for back/stomach sleepers
- It’s great for people who are especially sensitive to sleeping hot
- It could be a good choice for those with back pain
This is a well-built mattress that I think a lot of people will like. The price tag is very high, and that’s my main sticking point. If you can afford it and you typically sleep on your back/stomach, this could be a good option for you.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Brooklyn Bedding Propel Mattress Review – Great For Side Sleepers? - July 15, 2019
- How Do Different Animals Sleep? - July 13, 2019
- Recycling Mattresses, Appliances, and other Household Items - July 13, 2019