If you want a quality hybrid mattress, you usually have to spend a good amount of money. Coils and high-density foams can really drive up the price of a luxury hybrid mattress.
That’s why I was surprised when I saw that the Allswell Supreme mattress costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size mattress. As a fan of the original Allswell mattress, I was excited to try out Allswell’s most high-end mattress.
Is this a luxury mattress sold for an affordable price? Read on for my full review.
You Might Like The Allswell Supreme If…
- You are a back sleeper. The Allswell Supreme’s hybrid construction gives the mattress a great balance of comfort and support. When you are on your back, you should definitely feel like you are supported. Also, the top foam layers should press up into your lumbar area, while the memory foam conforms to the curves of your body. It really is a very comfortable mattress for back sleepers.
- You are a side sleeper. The top layers of the Supreme are quite soft and should relieve pressure when you are on your side. While the mattress might feel firm when you first lie down, you will slowly start to sink into the mattress. If you are light- or medium-weight, you should feel almost no pressure on your shoulders and hips. However, if you are a much larger person over 250 lbs, you could feel a bit more pressure.
- You are a hot sleeper. If you sleep hot, the Supreme should definitely be a good option for you. The mattress’ coils allow for a lot of air to flow through the mattress. This will help regulate the temperature of the mattress. Also, the memory foam layer contains both graphite and copper. These are cooling agents that should help dissipate any heat that might be trapped by the mattress.
- You want good value. If you want a high-quality hybrid mattress but you don’t want to spend too much money, the Allswell should be a good fit for you. It features a high-end construction with a luxury look and feel. At the same time, it costs less than $1000. This is a great value.
You Might Not Like The Allswell Supreme If…
- You are a stomach sleeper. The Allswell Supreme is just a bit firmer-than-average. Stomach sleepers usually want to find a mattress that is firm. This will ensure you get the support you need in this position. The Allswell Supreme feels a bit too soft for stomach sleeping, so you might your core sinking too far into the mattress.
- You like to sleep on top of your mattress. Since the mattress features memory foam in its top layer, you are going to sink in a fair bit. If you prefer to sleep on top of your mattress and like to move around easily, the Supreme might not work for you. You will sink in, and you might find it difficult to switch positions at night.
- You like a firm mattress. As I mentioned above, the Allswell Supreme is not an extremely firm mattress. Whether you like the feeling of a firm mattress or you just have support needs, the Allswell is not your best bet.
- The mattress is 14″ tall.
- The cover is made of a polyester blend.
- The cover is quilted with a bit of a Euro-top.
- Below that, there is a layer of graphite and copper gel-infused memory foam.
- Then, you have a layer of Energex Foam.
- The support layer consists of individually-wrapped coils and support foam.
- Energex foam has both memory foam and latex qualities. It is soft and lets you sink in. At the same time, it is a bit bouncy and responsive. The foam is open-celled, making it more breathable than most memory foams.
- The mattress has a plush, Euro-top look and feel. There is a bit of plush material below the cover, and the combination of memory foam and Energex foam adds some plushness too.
- The Allswell Supreme should be a very supportive mattress. The coils are individually-wrapped and should be able to support even heavier weights. Larger people should get enough support, especially when they are back sleeping.
- This should not be a hot-sleeping mattress. The memory foam contains both graphite and copper gel. Both should help with heat dissipation. At the same time, the coils will promote airflow through the mattress. Overall, it should sleep quite cool.
- The Supreme should also be a longer-lasting mattress. The individually-wrapped coils should lend support for many years and the responsive Energex Foam should not sag too quickly.
- The top of the mattress does have some of that memory foam feel. You will feel like you are slowly sinking into the mattress.
Firmness And Feel
In terms of feel, the Allswell Supreme felt close to a 7/10. The top layers are very soft, and it is easy to press my hand into them. Then, my hand hits the support layers and stops. The soft top and firmer support layers combine to make the mattress just firmer-than-average.
Here is how I felt in all three sleeping positions:
- Starting on my back, the Allswell Supreme is a great fit for me. I am definitely feeling the support of the individually-wrapped coils. I also feel the top memory foam layer taking the shape of my body and supporting my lumbar area.
- Lying down on my side, the mattress feels firm at first. Then, it slowly starts to soften up, and I sink into the mattress. I feel pretty fantastic pressure relief on my shoulders and hips.
- Stomach sleeping, the mattress is a bit too soft for me. I am not getting enough support on my hips. Most stomach sleepers should consider a firmer, more supportive mattress.
Even with the coils, the mattress has more of a slow-moving memory foam feel. The Energex Foam does not add too much bounce so it is sometimes difficult to move around.
If you are looking for a mattress for couples, you want to make sure the mattress can handle motion transfer. You want to be sure that you and your partner can move around freely without disturbing one another.
Memory foam is usually very good at preventing motion transfer across the mattress. So, I was not surprised by how well the Allswell Supreme isolates motion. I placed a glass of water on one side of the mattress and pushed into the other side. I did not see too much disturbance in the water.
If you sleep with a partner, you shouldn’t feel each other moving around on your respective sides.
Couples should also think about edge support when they are looking for a mattress. You and your partner will want as much room to sleep as possible so you want a mattress that will let you sleep toward the edge.
Sitting down near the edge of the Allswell Supreme, the mattress does not collapse too much underneath me. The memory foam and Energex Foam do give in, but the coils hold me up. Also, when I lie down near the edge, I don’t feel like I am going to roll off.
The Allswell Supreme actually includes a reinforced edge. This makes the edge of the mattress more supportive than the rest. This is giving the Supreme that great edge support.
If you are looking for a new mattress, it is also worthwhile to consider your size and weight. Since I am a larger person (6’7″ 230 lbs), I asked Joe to come in and give his perspective on the Allswell Supreme. He is 5’9″ and weights 160 lbs. Here is what he thought of the Allswell Supreme:
Marten said this mattress was a 7/10, and I thought it was closer to a 6.5/10. I think this is because Marten presses further into the mattress and feels some more firmness than I do. Here is how I feel sleeping on the Supreme:
- When I am on my back, the mattress is a good match for me. I feel good support overall.
- When I’m on my side, I feel some nice pressure relief from the memory foam layer. The mattress is also a good fit for side sleeping.
- Sleeping on my stomach, I think I need a mattress that offers more support.
If you are light or medium-weight and sleep on your back or side, the Supreme should work for you. If you are a stomach sleeper, I would go for something firmer.
It seems like Joe and I had a very similar experience on the Allswell Supreme. However, I did find it to be just a bit firmer than Joe did. As he said, that’s because I’m pressing further into the mattress.
Unboxing The Allswell Supreme
So, you just received the Allswell Supreme at your house. What do you do now?
As you can see, the mattress has come in a cardboard box. First, you are going to open the box and, with a friend’s help, position the rolled-up mattress on your frame of foundation.
Then, you are going to carefully cut through the plastic. You don’t want to damage your mattress! Once you get through the final layer, the mattress might pop out. There are coils in the Allswell, so the mattress will fill out quickly.
However, you might need to give it a few days for the top layer of memory foam to fully. I would say that after 24-48 hours, you will be ready to sleep on the Allswell Supreme.
What Makes The Allswell Supreme Stand Out?
- The mattress features a high-end hybrid construction.
- The Allswell Supreme is priced very affordably for such a luxury mattress.
- The memory foam and coils make this mattress a good match for both back and side sleepers.
- The Allswell Supreme should be a cooler-sleeping mattress.
- This should be a durable, longer-lasting mattress.
In the end, I was impressed by the Allswell Supreme mattress. It is both comfortable and supportive and shouldn’t sleep too hot. In addition, it is an affordable hybrid mattress.
The Allswell Supreme comes with a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year limited warranty. It also comes with free shipping and returns, and financing is available. Allswell also offers two other mattresses, the Allswell, and the Allswell Luxe.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Vs. Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Is Best For You? - September 12, 2019
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers – Which Is The One For You? - September 11, 2019
- Cushion Lab Calm Embrace Weighted Blanket Review – Will It Help You Sleep Better? - September 10, 2019