Novosbed has been making mattresses for longer than most of the online mattress companies, so I was excited to see what a more experienced manufacturer would make to compete with the new popular brands.
Overall I think they made a mattress that stands out, even in the crazy online-only mattress market, though it’s not for everyone (see how it compares with leading mattress brands HERE). Their firmness guarantee, for example, is very unique and a cool way to make sure you get the right firmness for you.
Read my full Novosbed review to see if it’s a good fit for your sleeping preferences.
You’ll love Novosbed if you…
- Want memory foam – Novosbed is all memory foam, and high quality at that. Great comfort and support tradeoff, and specs that suggest the mattress will hold up over time (just my guess).
- Are confused by all the bed-in-a-box options – These days there are hundreds of mattresses with similar branding messages (online-only) and construction. Novosbed has the same value proposition, but from a person that has slept on (nearly) all of the alternatives, Novosbed is definitely top tier.
- Want great value – Novosbed claims a mattress with similar specs would cost ~$2700 in a typical retail store, and I believe that to be true (or at least close enough). They definitely deliver a great product for the price.
- Want a firmness guarantee – Novosbed offers to send you an addition to the mattress (no charge) to adjust the firmness of the mattress if you don’t like it. As far as I know, they are the only online company to have this policy. In my mind this eliminates one of the primary concerns of buying a mattress online.
You may not like Novosbed if you (complaints)…
- Don’t like memory foam – that’s a given, but some of my readers get taken in by a brand even though they don’t like the type of mattress. If you really don’t like memory foam, Novosbed won’t change your mind.
- Want a true luxury mattress – Novosbed can compete with mattresses at a much higher price point, but if you’re willing to pay much more ($3000+) there are additional features and touches available with other mattress brands.
Novosbed Mattress Construction
The Novosbed is consistently 11 inches thick, though the construction will change slightly based on the firmness settings. It is available in soft (formerly Harmony), medium (formerly Aria), and firm (formerly Classic). The layers of foam consist of:
- 2 inches of Airflow memory foam – ranging 3.7lb – 5lb depending on the model
- 2-3 inches of memory foam – number of inches and density again varying depending on the model
- 6-7 inches of support foam – 1.8 lb density for the support layer
Novosbed also features a removable cover, as shown below:
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort Guarantee
One of the best features of Novosbed is the comfort guarantee – where they will send you an addition (that zips onto the mattress) for free if you don’t like the firmness of the mattress on arrival. This allows you to make sure your preferences are met by the mattress (in terms of firmness), which is unique in the online-only mattress world.
Below I show you the responsiveness and firmness of the mattress. This is the medium firm option, which I’d put at a 6.5 on the firmness scale.
Novosbed Motion Transfer Test
Novosbed is high-quality memory foam, so we expect it to perform very well in the motion transfer test. As you can see in the video below, this is the case – thus we think Novosbed is a great mattress for couples worried about motion isolation.
Other things to note
- The mattress is made in the USA
- Novosbed has a 120 night sleep trial and 15 year warranty
- The mattress is available in Canada
- Unique comfort guarantee
- Great foam specs
- Removable cover
- Doesn't sleep hot
Overall I really liked the Novosbed, with very few complaints. It’s definitely a quality mattress at a great value (towards the top of our mattress reviews list), and I think the comfort guarantee should put a lot of online buyers at ease. If you are looking for a fairly high-end memory foam mattress in this price range, Novosbed is definitely one of the best options available.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Reviewed Mattresses For Side Sleepers - October 22, 2018
- Saatva Vs Nectar Mattress Comparison – Innerspring Or Memory Foam? - October 18, 2018
- Layla vs Lull Mattress Comparison – Which Will You Choose? - October 17, 2018