Is Memorial Day is when we honor those who died while serving in the U.S. military. Many Americans celebrate and commemorate Memorial Day by hosting family gatherings and barbecues. Bed in a box mattress companies commemorate the day by slashing their prices and offering some of the best mattress deals of the year.
While Memorial Day isn’t until May 31, the mattress deals are getting started early this year! If you’re on the hunt for a new mattress, we’ve got all the best memorial day sales right here.
Check back for the best deals!
Why Should You Buy A Mattress Online?
It used to be that a mattress store was the only place you could actually buy a mattress. Now, there are hundreds, thousands of online mattresses that you can choose from.
If you’re a bit hesitant about buying a mattress online, don’t worry. There are many reasons why buying a mattress online is easier and safer than buying one in the store!
- Online mattresses are usually more affordable. Gone are the days of hidden markups and surprising delivery costs. With online mattresses, you know exactly what you are paying for. Also, online mattresses are generally priced lower than mattresses found in stores. You can get a much better mattress online without breaking the bank.
- It’s safer. This has been a tough year if you are used to buying products in an actual store. Due to COVID-19 and the subsequent restrictions, it hasn’t been the safest to shop for mattresses in the store. Online, you can shop from the safety of your own home and receive your mattress with no outside contact.
- It’s easier to comparison shop. When you go into a mattress store, you have only a set number of models to choose from. Online, you have literally hundreds of great mattresses that you can research and compare. You can use our mattress comparisons and roundups as a way to compare the most popular brands!
- You don’t have to mess with the stress of a mattress store. There are certain things you have to…deal with when you shop in a mattress store. Pushy salespeople. Unclear pricing. Lying on a mattress that 200 people laid on before you. Shopping from home, you can keep your head clear and ensure you find the best mattress for you without any of the extra fuss.
How To Get The Best Memorial Day Mattress Deals
There are so many great Memorial Day mattress sales this year. You might feel overwhelmed by all the mattresses and their respective deals. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to get the best deal on your ideal mattress!
Do Your Research Early
It’s never too early to start looking for your new mattress. With Memorial Day just around the corner, it’s time to put together your top picks. You can scope out our mattress reviews or check out our mattress comparisons to see how the major brands stack up against one another.
There is no one best mattress for everyone. You want to think about your budget, sleeping position, feel preference, and design preference. To get you started, we put together a number of helpful roundups.
Shop by mattress type:
- Best Memory Foam Mattresses
- Best Innerspring Mattresses
- Best Hybrid Mattresses
- Best Latex Mattresses
- Best Organic Mattresses
Shop by sleeping position:
- Best Mattresses For Side Sleepers
- Best Mattresses For Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattresses For Back Sleepers
- Best Mattresses For Combination Sleepers
Shop by budget:
- Best Cheap Mattresses
- Best Mattresses Under $500
- Best Mattresses Under $1,000
- Best Mattresses Under $2,000
- Best Luxury Mattresses
- Best Mattresses For The Money
If you need even more help, you can check out our mattress buying guide and mattress quiz.
Start Hunting For Sales Now
As we said, many of the top brands have already launched their Memorial Day sales. First off, we are going to be constantly updating this page, so make sure to bookmark it! Then, once you have decided which is the best mattress for you, use our coupons to get the best deal possible.
Make Sure To Get The Most Out Of The Memorial Day Mattress Sale
With some of these Memorial Day mattress sales, you will get a certain dollar amount or percentage off of your mattress purchase. The brand might automatically apply the discount or prompt you to enter a discount code at checkout.
Many brands offer additional ways that you can save. They might advertise deals where you can bundle your mattress together with a bed frame, adjustable bed, or other mattress accessories. Grouping your purchase together, you can get a lot more for a lot less. Many sales even come with free pillows!
Don’t Forget To Read The Fine Print
As with any purchase, you want to make sure that you’re reading up on all the details. Make sure that you pay close attention to the following:
Buying a new mattress is a big commitment, but a lengthy mattress warranty period can really set your mind at ease. First off, take a look at the actual length of the warranty? Is it 10 years, 15 years, or even Lifetime? Second, read up on what the warranty actually covers. Some warranties only cover manufacturing defects, while others can cover sagging and other wear and tear.
You might be worried by the prospect of buying a mattress you have not tried yet. While this is true of most bed in a box mattresses, the majority of brands offer sleep trials. Depending on the brand, you could get 100 days, 365 days, or as long as 18 months to decide if the mattress is right for you.
Most brands will feature this info on their sales page, but you might have to do some digging.
The best mattress brands usually offer free shipping and returns. However, you do want to read the fine print to see exactly how the return will work. Will you have to find a way to ship the mattress back yourself (It’s not fun. Trust us.)? Will the company make you pay a small fee for the return?
Some companies will offer to pick up the mattress from your house and will donate it to a local charity!
With these deals, you are ready to save big this Memorial Day weekend. Just take some time to do your research and figure out what is the best mattress for you. Again, make sure to check back regularly as we will be updating this page as the sales roll out!
Memorial Day Mattress Sales FAQs
Still have questions? Let’s answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Memorial Day mattress sales and deals.
Is Memorial Day a good time to buy a mattress?
Yes! Memorial Day weekend, and the weeks leading up to it, are an excellent time to buy a mattress. The majority of bed in a box mattresses slash their prices and offer some amazing deals.
What is the best holiday to buy a mattress?
During most holidays, mattress brands offer some pretty amazing deals and steals. What are the best holidays for mattress sales? We would say Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, and Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
What is the best month to buy a mattress?
There is no one best month to buy a mattress, but we would see pay attention to dales during November, December, May, June, and July.