The Tempur-Pedic Contour and Cloud collections house the more popular mattresses the company offers. If you’re just getting started in your research, you’re probably wondering what the main similarities and differences are between the two collections. I’ll go through the highlights here to help you narrow down your decision.
- Both collections have mattresses with a distinct memory foam feel
- They both have some of the typical complaints made about Tempur-Pedic (slight initial chemical smell, some sleep hot, etc.)
- Both use good, durable materials
- Both isolate motion really well, making them a good choice for couples
- Cloud mattresses are all softer than Contour mattresses
- Cloud mattress are better suited for side sleepers, while Contour mattresses are better suited for back and stomach sleepers
- Contour mattresses use higher-density foam in the top layer than the Cloud mattresses do
- Cloud mattresses are generally more expensive than Contour mattresses
The Cloud Collection Is A Better Fit For You If:
- You Are A Side Sleeper– These mattresses are on the softer side, so they are better suited for people who sleep on their side. (the Cloud Elite and Luxe are the two softest in the entire line)
- You Don’t Mind Spending More– These mattresses are definitely most costly. I’m not sure if in every case I think the increase in price is worth it, but if you are willing to pay more for a softer, more luxurious feel, then the Cloud is the way to go.
- You Don’t Weigh Very Much– Because of how soft the mattresses are, they are better suited for people who don’t weigh very much.
The Contour Collection Is A Better Fit For You:
- You Are A Back Or Stomach Sleeper– These mattresses are firmer and thus are better suited for people who sleep on their back or stomach. (the Contour Supreme and Elite are the firmest in the entire Tempur-Pedic line)
- You Have Back Pain Issues– The high-density foam used in these mattress make them highly conforming. They are also firmer and potentially more supportive, so they are a good choice for people with back pain issues.
- You Are Heavier– Because these mattresses are on the firmer side, they are generally better for people of heavier weight.
- You Are A Value Seeker– As long as you can find a mattress within the collection that suits your firmness preference, you can get more value from the Contour collection because of how much less the mattresses cost.
The two collections offer very different mattresses in my opinion. Figure out your sleeping style, firmness preference, etc. and then you should be able to make a more clear choice.
Check out our overall thoughts on Tempur-Pedic mattresses.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Cheap Mattresses – Save Some Money! - October 7, 2019
- Level Sleep Vs Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Zoned Mattress Is Best For You? - October 4, 2019
- Allswell Luxe Hybrid Mattress Review – A Comfortable Value? - September 26, 2019