Casper and Bear are two established and popular mattress companies that created their own collections of distinctive pillows. The Casper and Bear pillows compared today are the signature pillows from each brand and both focus on providing outstanding comfort, which they achieve in their own unique and innovative ways. To learn more, watch my in-depth video or keep reading on for my full comparison.
- Removable and washable covers/pillows
- Created by mattress companies
- 100 Night Trial Periods
- Pillow in a pillow design
- Inner and Outer Cover Fabric: 100% Supima Cotton, Percale weave
- Outer Filling: Polyester fibers
- Inner Filling: Nearly one billion coated fibers
- Fill is sourced in South Korea and assembled in the USA
- Standard and King sizes available
- 10-year warranty
- Made with Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch (feels like athletic-wear material)
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to one’s spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout a night’s sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- Made in the USA
- 2-year warranty
Who Might Choose
- Sleepers who prefer the feel of a down pillow. The coated polyester microfibers in both the inner and outer pillow mimic down and provide a soft and cozy and but overall less-supportive vibe than the proprietary foam in the Bear pillow.
- Those who want to was their whole pillow. After removing the inner pillow from the outer pillow, sleepers can machine wash and dry both pillows with ease – an excellent option if spills or accidents occur.
- Stomach sleepers. Casper will be a better fit for stomach sleepers over Bear because the down-like feel of the pillow is softer and flatter in comparison to the LOFT-X foam core of the Bear. Petite stomach sleepers can even remove the outer pillow from the inner pillow for even less loft and filling.
- Sleepers who prefer foam fillings. The Bear pillow is a solid (and ventilated) piece of hybrid latex and memory foam called LOFT-X foam. It’s breathable, contouring, pressure-relieving and overall more supportive compared to the Casper pillow.
- Hot sleepers. The pillow is designed to be cool to the touch and breathable. It is made with Double Ice Fabric and has breathable mesh panels on the side and ventilated foam filling.
- Back or side sleepers. The outer cover has a notable texture to it; it is not smooth and can be felt underneath more lightweight pillow covers (which tend to slip off the pillow as well). The foam filling also makes it firmer than a down or down alternative. This may make the pillow a good fit for back or side sleepers, especially those who are sensitive to textures.
I had an excellent time resting and reviewing each pillow and see the tremendous benefits in both for sleepers.
Casper’s pillow-in-a-pillow design concept mimics the feel of down and will be ideal for stomach sleepers and back sleepers alike. It’s simple to separate and to machine wash and dry in its entirety – the crisp cotton cover is one of my favorite features.
Meanwhile, Bear’s cooling and textured LOFT-X foam pillow are ideal for those who want enhanced support and sleep hot – back sleepers will love this pillow as well.
Both Bear and Casper offer generous trial periods for their products, including pillows. Depending on one’s sleep preferences, I would highly recommend trying one or the other (or perhaps both!).