EDITOR’S NOTE: Hey, friend! You made it all this way and narrowed your options down to these two mattresses. Unfortunately, both the Tempur-Contour Supreme and Rhapsody Luxe mattresses are no longer available. But, keep calm! You can rest assured that the Tempur-Cloud Original would be a great option for you.
Still want to know which mattress would have been best for you? Read on below to see what we had to say about them!
Tempur-Contour Supreme vs. Rhapsody Luxe Overview
Below, I wanted to put together a quick overview of some things to consider if you are deciding between the Tempur-Contour Supreme vs Rhapsody Luxe mattresses.
- Both use the TEMPUR-HD (high-density) material in the comfort layer
- Both are firmer than average
- Both have great contouring ability
- Both can potentially be good with those with pain issues
- The comfort layer of the Rhapsody Luxe is 1” thicker than the Supreme
- The Rhapsody Luxe is 2” thicker than the Supreme overall
- The Supreme is firmer than the Rhapsody Luxe
- The Rhapsody Luxe costs $1,300 more than the Supreme
What I Found from Several Live Chat Sessions
I like to reach out to the company via live chat to see what their take on the differences between the two mattresses are. I also did a live chat session with Mattress Firm and asked the same question.
I couldn’t get a whole lot of concrete information on why you should choose one over the other. They told me the difference was the Rhapsody is 2 inches thicker, that it is has more TEMPUR-HD material in it, and that it costs $1,300 more.
The $1,300 difference in price is because the overall thickness is greater with the Rhapsody Luxe and the comfort layer material is thicker as well. Whether this difference justifies a $1,300 price difference is in my opinion up for debate.
Which Should You Pick?
- Pick the Supreme if you want extra value (my personal opinion is that the difference in materials doesn’t quite justify a $1,300 price difference)
- Pick the Supreme if you want the firmest mattress possible
- Pick the Rhapsody Luxe if you can afford the extra $1,300
- Pick the Rhapsody Luxe if you want a medium firm mattress
- Pick the Rhapsody Luxe if you ever sleep on your side
My Personal Opinion
I think the differences should be pretty clear here. It’s a pretty big jump in price from the Supreme to the Rhapsody Luxe. Given the difference in materials isn’t too significantly different, I think you get more value from the Supreme.
However, if you sleep on your side or just want something that is medium firm (and not too firm), then the Rhapsody Luxe is probably the way to go.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.