The Tempur-Cloud Supreme and Cloud Luxe are two popular models from Tempur-Pedic. They are two of the softest models that the company offers and they definitely both have a luxurious, plush feel. Which one should you choose? That depends on a few things, but I’ll try to go through a few main highlights that can help you make a better decision.
- Both use TEMPUR-ES material in the comfort layer
- Both are softer than average
- Both have a slower-moving, sinking in feel
- Both are most likely better suited for side sleepers
- The Cloud Luxe is softer than the Supreme
- The Cloud Luxe uses a thicker layer of the TEMPUR-ES material
- The Cloud Luxe is 2 inches thicker overall
- The Cloud Luxe is $1,200 more expensive than the Supreme
What I Found From Several Live Chat Sessions
I tried to get more information from doing a couple of live chat sessions with the company and with Mattress Firm. I couldn’t get much information about the differences between the two other than the fact that the Luxe is thicker, softer, and more expensive. The company doesn’t typically disclose the thickness of its individual layers, but you can tell from the pictures on the website that the TEMPUR-ES layer is significantly thicker in the Luxe than in the Supreme.
Which Should You Pick?
- Pick the Cloud Luxe if you want the softest mattress possible
- Pick the Cloud Luxe if you are a very lightweight side sleeper
- Pick the Cloud Supreme if you sleep in multiple positions throughout the night
- Pick The Cloud Supreme if you have budget concerns
- Pick the Cloud Supreme if you are heavier in weight
My Personal Opinion?
Given that the Supreme is $1,200 less expensive, I think for most people it will be the better value. It is going to be soft enough for most side sleepers and is better suited for back and stomach sleepers than the Luxe is. If you want a really plush, soft feel and you can afford the extra cost, then the Luxe might be the best choice for you. Otherwise, I think people would do well to pick the Supreme.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Best Mattresses For Lightweight Sleepers – Which Should You Choose? - February 15, 2019
- Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid Mattress Review – Eco-Friendly Comfort? - February 12, 2019
- Best Mattresses For Back Sleepers – Which Is Best For You? - February 8, 2019