The Tempur-Cloud Supreme and Cloud Luxe are two popular models from Tempur-Pedic – they are two of the softest models that the company offers and they definitely both have a luxurious, plush feel. Which one should people choose? That depends on a few things, but I’ll try to go through a few main highlights that can help people make a better decision.
Tempur-Pedic is the king of memory foam and makes amazing mattresses that are both comfortable and supportive. Get the best current deal on Tempur-Pedic simply by clicking the button below.
- Both mattresses use TEMPUR-ES material in the comfort layer
- Both are softer-than-average
- Both mattresses have a slower-moving, sinking in feel
- Both the Cloud Luxe and Cloud Supreme are most likely better suited for side sleepers
- The Cloud Luxe is softer than the Supreme mattress
- The Cloud Luxe uses a thicker layer of the TEMPUR-ES material
- The Cloud Luxe mattress is 2″ thicker overall
- The Cloud Luxe is $1,200 more expensive than the Supreme
What I Found From Several Live Chat Sessions
I tried to get more information from doing a couple of live chat sessions with the company and with Mattress Firm, but I couldn’t get much information about the differences between the two other than the fact that the Luxe is thicker, softer, and more expensive. The company doesn’t typically disclose the thickness of its individual layers, but one can tell from the pictures on the website that the TEMPUR-ES layer is significantly thicker in the Luxe than in the Supreme.
Which Should People Pick?
- Those who want the softest mattress possible should pick the Cloud Luxe
- Very lightweight side sleepers should select the Cloud Luxe
- Those who sleep in multiple positions throughout the night should pick the Cloud Supreme
- People who are on a tighter budget should select the Cloud Supreme
- Those who are heavier in weight should choose the Cloud Supreme
My Personal Opinion?
Given that the Supreme is $1,200 less expensive, I think for most people it will be the better value, and it is going to be soft enough for most side sleepers and is better suited for back and stomach sleepers than the Luxe is. If someone wants a really plush, soft feel and can afford the extra cost, then the Luxe might be the best choice for them but, otherwise, I think people would do well to pick the Supreme.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.