DreamCloud and Amerisleep both sell mattresses online. The main differences between the two brands are that Amerisleep offers more options at different levels of firmness, and is all-foam while DreamCloud incorporates springs. But there are also some similarities between the two. This post will outline how they compare.
- Both offer thicker options.
- Both offer firmer options.
- Both incorporate memory foam.
- Both offer free shipping.
- Amerisleep has a wider price range. ($849-$3,498 for different Amerisleep options, about $1,000-$1,700 for DreamCloud)
- Amerisleep offers a wider range of firmness. (10-14 inches for Amerisleep, while DreamCloud only comes in one 14-inch option.)
- Amerisleep is all foam, while DreamCloud incorporates springs.
- Amerisleep has more firmness levels.
- DreamCloud offers a 365-night trial, compared to Amerisleep’s 100-night trial.
- Amerisleep has more of a memory foam-feel.
- DreamCloud has a luxurious pillow top.
- DreamCloud has a unique structure of many narrow layers.
- DreamCloud uses a True Tufted™ Cashmere Top, featuring hand-sewn tufts. This surface layer has a luxurious Eurotop feel.
- The top layer is .39 inches (1 centimeter) of gel-infused memory foam.
- The next pair of layers is 1.77 inches (4.5 centimeters) of quilted memory foam, split into a 2-centimeter and 2.5-centimeter sheet.
- A thin .39-inch (1 centimeter) of natural latex gives DreamCloud some bounce.
- Next is 1.97 inches (5 centimeters) of “Dreamplush” supporting memory foam.
- The final thin layer before the thick layer of pocketed coils is a .59-inch layer (1.5 centimeters) of super dense, super soft memory foam.
- The support layer is a 7.87-inch (20 centimeters) thick section of individually pocketed “BestRest” coils. These coils come in two levels of resistance, placed in five comfort zones to ensure your body is appropriately supported.
- The base layer is 1.6 inches (5 centimeters) of high density super soft memory foam base.
- Amerisleep comes in four firmness levels, with the 10-inch thick AS1 being the most firm and the 14-inch thick AS5 being the softest. Generally speaking, construction is similar across models, especially for the middle three firmness levels. The 5 firmness options are explained in greater depth here.
- Amerisleep uses a Celliant fabric cover. Celliant is said to distribute thermal energy in such a way as to help with muscle recovery, and is used in some athletic clothing.
- All levels of firmness have a top comfort layer of Amerisleep’s Bio-Pur memory foam, designed to ensure cool sleeping. The thickness of this layer differs by firmness level.
- AS5 has under its Bio-Pur layer an additional layer of a special foam that makes it softer. This layer is is not included in other models.
- AS1 skips a middle layer in other firmness levels, and goes straight from the Bio-Pur comfort layer to a dense 8-inch thick base layer. The thickness of this layer and lack of middle layers make AS1 firmer.
- The middle layer of the medium firm options (AS2, AS3 and AS4) is a supportive transition foam layer. This layer is thickest in AS2 and thinnest in AS4. AS5 also has a layer of this material.
- All models except AS1 have a 7-inch base layer of dense support foam.
- Both use memory foam, but Amerisleep has more of a memory foam feel.
- Both are breathable and sleep cool.
- Amerisleep uses Celliant, which could make it a better option for athletes.
- DreamCloud has more layers.
- DreamCloud has coils.
- DreamCloud has a pillow top.
Watch the videos below to get a sense of how the mattresses respond to pressure. DreamCloud is firmer than most of the Amerisleep options. The firmest Amerisleep option depicted in the videos is AS2, which is the second firmest option. Some may find Amerisleep’s firmer options equivalent in supportiveness to DreamCloud. Amerisleep has more of a memory foam feel, though, especially in its softer options.
Motion Transfer Differences
The videos below demonstrate how well the mattresses isolate motion. Softer options from Amerisleep fare best. However, DreamCloud and firmer Amerisleep mattresses are also good options for couples.
Pick DreamCloud If:
- You want a more traditional mattress feel– DreamCloud feels more like a traditional spring mattress. If you’ve had success with that type of mattress in the past, then you will probably feel right at home with the DreamCloud.
- You want more luxury– DreamCloud’s thickness and pillow top make it a very luxurious option.
Pick Amerisleep If:
- You want a memory foam feel– Amerisleep is all foam with a layer of memory foam on top, giving it more of a sinking feel.
- You want a specific level of firmness– Amerisleep offers five firmness options, while DreamCloud offers only one.
DreamCloud and Amerisleep are both great options for sleepers seeking a firm option, but DreamCloud is better for those who want luxury and Amerisleep is better for those who want a softer option. I hope this review was helpful. Please leave any specific questions in the comments.