DreamCloud Premier and Amerisleep both sell mattresses online. The main differences between the two brands are that Amerisleep offers more options at different levels of firmness and that Amerisleep is all-foam while DreamCloud Premier incorporates springs. But there are also some similarities between the two.
Want to compare these mattresses? Keep reading! This post will outline the differences between the DreamCloud Premier vs. Amerisleep mattress and explain how they compare in construction, feel, and much more.
- Both offer thicker options as well as firmer options.
- Both incorporate memory foam.
- Both offer free shipping.
- Amerisleep has a wider price range ($849 to $3,498 for different Amerisleep options, about $1,000 to $1,700 for DreamCloud Premier).
- Amerisleep offers a wider range of firmness (10″ to 14″ for Amerisleep; DreamCloud Premier only comes in one 14″ option).
- Amerisleep is all-foam, while DreamCloud Premier incorporates springs.
- Amerisleep has more firmness levels.
- DreamCloud Premier offers a 365-night trial, compared to Amerisleep’s 100-night trial.
- Amerisleep has more of a memory foam feel.
- DreamCloud Premier has a luxurious pillow-top.
DreamCloud Premier Construction
- DreamCloud Premier has a unique structure involving many narrow layers.
- DreamCloud Premier uses a True Tufted™ Cashmere Top featuring hand-sewn tufts. This surface layer has a luxurious Eurotop feel.
- The top layer is 0.39″ (1 cm) of gel-infused memory foam.
- The next pair of layers is 1.77″ (4.5 cm) of quilted memory foam split into a 2 cm and 2.5 cm sheet.
- A thin 0.39″ (1 cm) of natural latex gives DreamCloud Premier some bounce.
- Next is 1.97″ (5 cm) of “Dreamplush” supporting memory foam.
- The final thin layer before the thick layer of pocketed coils is a 0.59″ layer (1.5 cm) of super dense, super soft memory foam.
- The support layer is a 7.87″ (20 cm) thick section of individually pocketed “BestRest” coils. These coils come in two levels of resistance and are placed in five comfort zones to ensure your body is appropriately supported.
- The base layer is 1.6″ (5 cm) of high-density, super soft memory foam base.
Read our full DreamCloud Premier mattress review to learn more.
- Amerisleep comes in four firmness levels, with the 10″ thick AS1 being the most firm and the 14″ thick AS5 being the softest. Generally speaking, construction is similar across models, especially for the middle three firmness levels. The five firmness options are explained in greater depth here.
- Amerisleep uses a Celliant fabric cover. Celliant is said to distribute thermal energy in such a way as to help with muscle recovery. (This material is used in some athletic clothing.)
- All levels of firmness have a top comfort layer of Amerisleep’s Bio-Pur memory foam, which is designed to ensure cool sleeping. The thickness of this layer differs by firmness level.
- AS5 has under its Bio-Pur layer an additional layer of a special foam that makes it softer. This layer is is not included in other models.
- AS1 skips a middle layer found in other firmness levels and goes straight from the Bio-Pur comfort layer to a dense 8″ thick base layer. The thickness of this layer and lack of middle layers make AS1 firmer.
- The middle layer of the medium firm options (AS2, AS3, and AS4) is a supportive transition foam layer. This layer is thickest in AS2 and thinnest in AS4. AS5 also has a layer of this material.
- All models except AS1 have a 7″ base layer of dense support foam.
- Both use memory foam, but Amerisleep has more of a memory-foam-feel.
- Both are breathable and sleep cool.
- Amerisleep uses Celliant, which could make it a better option for athletes.
- DreamCloud Premier has more layers, coils, and a pillow-top.
Watch the videos below to get a sense of how the mattresses respond to pressure. DreamCloud Premier is firmer than most of the Amerisleep options. The firmest Amerisleep option depicted in the videos is AS2, which is the second firmest option. Some may find Amerisleep’s firmer options equivalent in supportiveness to DreamCloud Premier. Amerisleep has more of a memory foam feel, though, especially in its softer options.
Motion Transfer Differences
The videos below demonstrate how well the mattresses isolate motion. Softer options from Amerisleep fare best. However, DreamCloud Premier and firmer Amerisleep mattresses are also good options for couples.
Pick DreamCloud Premier If …
- You want a more traditional mattress feel. DreamCloud Premier feels more like a traditional spring mattress. If you’ve had success with that type of mattress in the past, then you will probably feel right at home with the DreamCloud Premier.
- You want more luxury. DreamCloud Premier’s thickness and pillow-top make it a very luxurious option.
Pick Amerisleep If …
- You want a memory foam feel. Amerisleep is all-foam with a layer of memory foam on top, giving it more of a sinking feel.
- You want a specific level of firmness. Amerisleep offers five firmness options, while DreamCloud Premier offers only one.
DreamCloud and Amerisleep are both great options for sleepers seeking a firm option, but DreamCloud Premier is better for those who want luxury and Amerisleep is better for those who want a softer option. I hope this review was helpful. Still unsure which mattress is best for you? Make sure to check out our other popular DreamCloud and Amerisleep comparisons like DreamCloud Premier vs Layla and Amerisleep vs Casper. Please leave any specific questions in the comments.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.