TEMPUR-Pedic’s TEMPUR-Cloud pillow is aptly named. It’s got a beautiful, cloud-like white cover and a super-soft (albeit not “fluffy”) core. The traditional shape and solid memory foam feel make it a great choice for those looking for some serious pressure relief.
What sleeping position(s) works best with this pillow? Check out my video review or written review below to find the answer to that question and more!
- Dimensions of the pillow are 24″ x 15 3/4″ x 5″ (height)
- Fits Standard or Queen-sized pillowcases
- Cover: 100% polyester knit
- Filling: TEMPUR® material (100% memory foam)
- Extra-soft feel
- Care: the cover can be removed and machine washed (line dry the cover); the inner filling cannot be cleaned
- $79 at full price
- 5-year limited warranty
- No returns
RELATED: Best Memory Foam Mattresses
Who Makes It?
The TEMPUR-Cloud pillow is made by TEMPUR-Pedic, a popular mattress and bedding company that merged with Sealy in 2012 to become Tempur-Sealy International.
The TEMPUR-Pedic brand is well known for being the first to take memory foam mattresses mainstream. It also has a large collection of pillows made with TEMPUR material.
- The foam is very contouring and pressure-relieving
- The cover has a nice, soft knit feel
- Will probably work best for back sleepers and some stomach sleepers
- The outer cover can be removed and cleaned
- Not ventilated so may sleep a little hot
- There are no trial periods or returns available on the pillow
- Pricier than other solid memory foam pillow options
- May not work for all sleep positions
Best Sleeping Positions For This Pillow
TEMPUR-Pedic recommends this pillow for all sleep positions and categorizes it as a pillow for back sleepers on its site.
Based on my experience with it, I think it’s actually the best fit for both back sleepers and stomach sleepers. You can also get Marten’s take on it below.
For context, I’m 5′ 7″ and about average weight and build.
I found that even though the pillow has a 5″ height profile, the solid memory foam filling is so soft that your head will sink down enough to really be the best angle for most back sleepers.
Stomach sleepers who prefer the feel of classic memory foam may enjoy it as well.
I do not feel that there is enough loft of firmness in the core to support side sleepers appropriately.
TEMPUR-Pedic always has a range of pillows to offer. They’re always made with the brand’s TEMPUR material, or high-quality memory foam in a variety of shapes, sizes, and firmness levels.
The TEMPUR-Cloud actually does look a little bit like a cloud with its rounded sides and white, textured knit cover. “Cloud-like” also describes the feeling when you press down and feel how extra-soft the filling is. Your head will sink immediately into the pressure-relieving foam.
There is a lot to like about the TEMPUR-Cloud, especially if you’re someone who prefers that slow, responsive feel of memory foam and is looking for a pillow that doesn’t offer too much firmness or loft.
To me, the pillow worked best for back sleepers and stomach sleepers who like contouring pressure relief. It really is “extra soft,” so be prepared for your head to sink slowly into it and fall pretty deeply in.
The soft knit cover is nice but it is textured. That’s something for stomach sleepers and side sleepers to consider, since your face will be pressed against it and you can feel the texture through a thin pillowcase.
If the texture of the cover bothers you but you like the filling, you could always remove the cover and use a thin pillow protector between the core and a pillowcase.
You can remove the cover to machine wash it, but it does need to be air-dried so there is no shrinking.
One downside to trying this pillow is that TEMPUR-Pedic does not offer a trial period or any returns. Because it’s priced at $79 at full price, this makes it a bit of a risky investment. If you don’t like the pillow, it’s still yours to keep (or give to a friend)!
If you are shopping for a pillow, it is worth considering both your sleeping position and weight. At 230 lb, I am much larger than Katie, and I also sleep on my side. I wanted to give you a different perspective on the TEMPUR-Cloud pillow.
First off, I am a fan of the TEMPUR-Cloud’s feel. It has that slow-moving, memory foam feel. While lying down, the pillow slowly compresses. I actually feel like I am sinking into a cloud.
Here’s how the pillow performs in different sleeping positions:
- When I am back sleeping, the TEMPUR-Cloud is a good match for me. My head sinks in just the right amount, and the TEMPUR material supports my neck.
- While side sleeping, the pillow is too soft for me. My head drops through, and I am not getting enough support.
- When I am on my stomach, my head is allowed to sink in the right amount.
The TEMPUR-Cloud should be a good match for heavier back sleepers and stomach sleepers.
TEMPUR-Pedic says this pillow could be a good introduction to a memory foam pillow, and I’m inclined to agree — so long as you’re a back sleeper or stomach sleeper and looking for a soft pillow. It really does have that traditional memory foam shape and slow, responsive feel.
Because you can’t return it if you don’t like it, I’d suggest it for those who know they like the feel of memory foam and are primarily stomach or back sleepers. At $79, it’s more affordable than many other TEMPUR-Pedic pillows, but it’s not inexpensive!
Please let me know if you have any questions about the pillow or want your own personal recommendation!
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Celebrate Labor Day 2019 With These Mattress Deals! - August 22, 2019
- BCOZZY Travel Pillow Review – Best Chin Support Out There? - August 21, 2019
- TEMPUR-LuxeAdapt – Everything You Need To Know - August 20, 2019