TEMPUR-Pedic is known for its conforming and responsive TEMPUR material, which the company uses in its pillows, mattresses, and other sleep accessories.
The company offers a very supportive full-body pillow that is designed for side sleepers, pregnant people, and those who really like supportive foam.
What are the other features of this body pillow, and who do I think it’s going to work best for?
Check out my video review or keep reading below for more details. As always, don’t hesitate to ask questions by commenting below!
- Dimensions: 14” x 48” by 5.5” (in height)
- Weighs just over 7.5 lb
- Designed to support side-sleepers and expectant mothers
- The core is filled with a medium-firm sleeve of TEMPUR® material (pressure-relieving memory foam) with shapeable micro-cushions
- The cover is made of 60% polyester knit and a 40% nylon blend
- The cover is also removable and washable (line dry only)
- $199 at full price
- 5-year limited warranty and no returns
Who Makes It?
The TEMPUR-Pedic body pillow is made by TEMPUR-Pedic, a popular mattress and bedding company that merged with Sealy in 2012 to become Tempur-Sealy International.
The TEMPUR-Pedic brand is well known for being the first to take memory foam mattresses mainstream. It also has a large collection of pillows made with TEMPUR material as well.
The care instructions for this body pillow are fairly simple. You cannot wash the TEMPUR material in the core, but there is a zipper that lets you remove the polyester knit cover.
The cover can be machine washed on a gentle or delicate cycle and should be line dried. It may shrink if you throw it in the dryer, so be careful.
- The body pillow offers great support for side sleepers and pregnant people
- The pillow is heavy and won’t slide around easily in your bed
- The cover is soft, removable, and can be machine washed
- TEMPUR material conforms to the body nicely
- This body pillow is one of the more expensive options
- It’s a large pillow that will provide more than subtle support (serious support!)
- It’ll take up a good amount of space in the bed
- You can’t adjust or manipulate the filling
- There is no return policy
I’ve had the chance to review a variety of body pillows and in my experience, they tend to range from those with low loft and softer fillings that add subtle or enhanced support, to taller and firmer options that tend to be filled with foam or shredded foam and have a lot of support.
The TEMPUR-Pedic body pillow falls on the firmer and more supportive end of that scale. TEMPUR material can be described as high quality, slow-response memory foam. This body pillow is basically 7.5 lb of that medium to firm foam filling.
It can almost feel like there is another person lying next to you, which makes the pillow delightful (in my opinion) to use as a side sleeper, because you can wrap your arms and legs around it and help keep your hips open and aligned.
To me, it felt a little too firm and oversized when I tried to use it sleeping on my stomach. That said, I can see it working for larger individuals who are looking for substantial support.
As a supportive pillow for back sleepers, it seemed to act as more of a barrier between me and my spouse rather than a pillow that provided support. This is due to its large size and firmer feel.
The pillow cover is a soft polyester knit that is easy to remove with a zipper down the long side of the pillow. You can machine wash it following the directions on the cover, but make sure to line dry it so it doesn’t shrink.
How This Pillow Works For Different Sleep Positions
As the brand suggests, the pillow really does work best for side sleepers and pregnant people who are looking for a good amount of added support. (I’ve been pregnant twice, so I feel confident saying that!)
I’d also recommend it for larger or heavier individuals who sleep on their sides or their stomachs.
The pillow is a solid piece of medium-firm foam that is about 5.5″ tall. It does have small hills/valleys in it called “shapeable micro-cushions,” but you can’t really manipulate or adjust the filling.
For this reason, I really found it challenging to get significant back support. My back rested up against the pillow, but it was too tall and firm to be helpful in terms of support.
Overall the pillow is simple but substantial. I personally liked the firmer filling and the slower response and conforming nature of the foam. I can see side sleepers enjoying this pillow (but maybe not the price tag).
The pillow becomes a bit of an investment because of its $199 price tag and because TEMPUR-Pedic does not accept returns on its pillows.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019