The Tempur-Cloud Supreme and Cloud Elite are two models from Tempur-Pedic that have become very popular. They are on the softer side and both have a lot in common, so naturally people wonder why they should pick one over the other. While everyone is different, I’ll try to go over a few things you should consider if you are deciding between the two.
- Both are softer than the average mattress
- Both use the same TEMPUR-ES (extra soft) material in the comfort layer
- Both have a slow-moving memory foam feel
- Both are probably geared more towards side sleepers than back or stomach sleepers
- The Cloud Elite is softer than the Cloud Supreme
- The Cloud Supreme is $700 cheaper than the Cloud Elite
- The Cloud Elite is one inch thicker overall
- The Cloud Elite uses a thicker layer of the TEMPUR-ES material in the comfort layer
What I Found From Several Live Chat Sessions
I like to try to get some information if possible from the company itself through live chat. I also did a live chat with Mattress Firm. I was unable to get too much more information about the significant differences between the two mattresses. I was not able to get the exact thickness of each individual layer. All I was able to get was that the Elite is more expensive, softer, and thicker.
Which Should You Pick?
- Pick the Cloud Supreme if you sleep in multiple positions throughout the night
- Pick the Cloud Elite if you are lighter in weight and just sleep on your side
- Pick the Cloud Supreme if you are on a budget
- Pick the Cloud Elite if you have the budget for it and want a very soft mattress
My Personal Opinion?
These mattresses are very similar in the construction, feel, and firmness. Given that the Supreme is $700 less expensive, I personally think it provides a better value. If you definitely know you want a very soft mattress, then the Elite may be the way to go. Otherwise, I would probably recommend the Supreme to more people.
See our article on finding the best Tempurpedic mattress for you.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Bear Pro Mattress Review – Professionally Comfortable? - October 16, 2019
- Best Cheap Mattresses – Save Some Money! - October 7, 2019
- Level Sleep Vs Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Zoned Mattress Is Best For You? - October 4, 2019