The Hiccapop Wedge pregnancy pillow looks like a standard rounded wedge pillow – and in many ways it is – but it also has some enhanced design features that make it even more helpful to moms-to-be. Its dual-sided design allows you to adjust your comfort level based on your trimester. It’s versatile and compact as well.
So, what else do you need to know? Read on for my full review of the Hiccapop Wedge pregnancy pillow.
- Dimensions: 15″ x 13.25″ x 4.5″ in height (at the tallest)
- Filling: Ventilated foam filling
- 10 oz in weight
- Dual-Sided Design: Memory foam on one side and a firmer foam option on the other side to accommodate all needs
- Removable velboa fabric cover (faux fur/velour-type feel)
- Phthalate, PVC and BPA free
- Compact and portable
- Versatile – can support different areas of the body, including belly, back and between the knees
- Variety of colors (the pillow reviewed is Navy Blue)
- One size
The Hiccapop Wedge pillow is a classic rounded wedge shape. The tallest point is 4.5″ and the filling is a solid piece of ventilated foam. (see more on that Here)
This pillow stands apart in that it has dual sided firmness. There is a more luxurious memory foam on one side and a firmer foam on the opposite side.
The whole pillow is 15″ x 13.25″ and comes with a travel case or cover that makes it simple to travel with.
Ways To Use Hiccapop Wedge
You can use the Hiccapop Wedge in a variety of ways. You can put it behind you or sit on it when you are sitting up like a traditional wedge pillow.
You can also wedge it behind your back or under your belly while sleeping for elevation to help with swelling and discomfort. It also works when you place it between the knees to help keep your spine aligned.
Below is a guide provided by Hiccapop for ways to use the pillow:
- Small, lightweight and compact
- Removable soft cover that can easily be machine washed and dried (no recommended care instructions)
- Inexpensive (around $20)
- Great for treating specific issues in one area
- Dual-sided nature helps make it feel more customizable
- Works both during pregnancy and postpartum
- Cannot replace the need for multiple pillows; only tackles one part of the body at a time
- Doesn’t always stay in place throughout the night – fabric may allow for it to slip out of position
- Cannot wash or dry the entire pillow
- Only one fabric cover option – must like the faux-fur/velour feeling
The Hiccaopop Wedge pregnancy pillow comes in a nice travel pack with a couple of documents that instruct you on how to use the wedge pillow and show you other Hiccapop products.
The pillow is very simple in design, one side of the ventilated foam core has a softer feel and the other side has a firmer feel. You can easily unzip and remove the cover for cleaning. It slips back on quickly.
I really like how easy and lightweight the pillow is – I can see it being really helpful for pregnant women who are traveling frequently and need something to help them stay comfortable at night.
The other plus about this pillow is that you can use it during the daytime as well. When I’m on the couch or in a chair I can easily place it behind my back and it helps provide an extra support – which is great when I’m experiencing back pain.
It’s also simple to slip it between your knees when you’re laying down. It’s helped me keep my hips align and isn’t as clunky as a full traditional pillow.
I’m at the point in my pregnancy where I’m trying to avoid sleeping on my back as much as possible. I love that I could place this behind my back. It helped stop me from rolling onto my back at night and kept me feeling supportive.
That being said, there were a couple of points during the night where the wedge on my back did slip out. This is either due to the softer fabric or because I simply did not have it pushed far enough into my back to stay in place.
It cannot replace the feel of a whole body pillow, which virtually stops you from needing more than one pillow at night. This is more of an option for women who are looking to deal with one specific issue at a time. For example, during the day I use the pillow on my back when I’m sitting at my desk or on the couch and at night I either place it between my knees or behind my back for support.
There are no set care instructions for the pillow. They say the fabric is durable and I threw the cover in a delicate cold cycle with some other clothes and put it in a low tumble dry and it came out great with no issues on wear.
You can purchase the Hiccapop Wedge on Hiccapop’s website or other online retailers (we got ours on Amazon). The price will range depending on the retailer but expect to pay around $20 for a pillow – which is affordable for most budgets.
Based on other reviews I looked at, people appreciated this smaller and more compact pillow to larger full body pillows like the Leachco Snoogle or Back ‘N Belly because the wedge allows you to control the height. The other pilows were considered too tall or too firm for bump support and this could be a perfect solution or even addition.