The L Pillow is all about customization and features a down alternative core. The Leesa pillow is filled with Avena foam (a latex alternative) and offers a soft knit cover that can easily be removed. It may not appear like these pillows have much in common but there are a few features they share. Read on for our full comparison.
- 100 night trial periods
- Portions of each can be laundered
- Could be a good fit for side sleepers (if L Pillow is customized accordingly)
- Made in the USA
- Each pillow is made to order based on answers to three questions/preferences:
- Your sleeping position
- Options: Back, Stomach, Side, and Multiple Positions
- Fabric preference
- Options: Quilted or Plain (Sateen)
- Preferred pillow thickness
- Options: Very Thin, Thin, Normal, Thick, Very Thick
- *An additional “notes” section in the Checkout section allows you to add your weight and any additional injury/surgery or other details you want.
- 400 thread count, 100% cotton
- Down alternative filling (Gel polyester fibers)
- Standard Size (20” x 26”)
- Double-stitched construction
- Price: $50 (one size)
- Care instructions: Gentle cold machine wash and low tumble dry. Pillow may need to be fluffed often, if not daily
- Standard size: 18” x 26” x 5”
- Filling: solid piece of 100% Avena foam (ventilated)
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Comes in King and Standard size
- Designed for all styles of sleeper and all body types
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
You Might Choose…
L Pillow If…
- You’re looking for the least expensive option. The L Pillow comes in one size for $50. This is about $25 cheaper than the standard size Leesa pillow that retails for $75.
- You like the feel of down or down alternative filling. If you prefer the more cozy feel of a down or down alternative pillow, you will prefer the L Pillow. All pillows are filled with hypoallergenic gel polyester fibers. This means there’s more of a chance the pillow will fall flat or need to be fluffed up over time (compared to Leesa).
- You prefer the feel of latex foam. The Avena foam inside the Leesa pillow has similar characteristics to a traditional latex foam pillow. It’s got a quick response and is on the bouncier side (especially compared to down alternative). It also won’t fall flat or change shape overnight.
- You want size options: The Leesa pillow comes in Standard and King sizes, the L Pillow comes in just a standard size.
- You are a side sleeper. You can customize the L Pillow based on your sleep position. I sleep in multiple positions and requested a pillow with normal thickness and it worked well when I slept on my side. The height of the Leesa pillow is 5″ and it offers a good amount of firmness and support that should benefit a side sleeper.
These pillows are really all about personal preference. If you like the feel of down alternative and you’re looking for a standard size pillow, customizing your own L Pillow could be a fun and comfortable adventure. If you prefer the feel of foam and love a good soft knit cover, the Leesa pillow will be right up your alley.
Both pillows come with a 100-night trial, giving you plenty of time to decide if it’s right for you.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019