The L Pillow is all about customization and features a down alternative core. The Leesa pillow is filled with Avena foam (a latex alternative) and offers a soft knit cover that can easily be removed. It may not appear as though these pillows have much in common but there are a few features they share. Read on for our full comparison.
- 100 night trial periods
- Portions of each can be laundered
- Could be a good fit for side sleepers (if L Pillow is customized accordingly)
- Made in the USA
- Each pillow is made to order based on answers to three questions/preferences:
- One’s sleeping position
- Options: Back, Stomach, Side, and Multiple Positions
- Fabric preference
- Options: Quilted or Plain (Sateen)
- Preferred pillow thickness
- Options: Very Thin, Thin, Normal, Thick, Very Thick
- *An additional “notes” section in the Checkout section allows the potential customer to add weight and any additional injury/surgery or other details the person may want.
- 400 thread count, 100% cotton
- Down alternative filling (Gel polyester fibers)
- Standard Size (20” x 26”)
- Double-stitched construction
- Price: $50 (one size)
- Care instructions: Gentle cold machine wash and low tumble dry. Pillow may need to be fluffed often, if not daily
- Standard size: 18” x 26” x 5”
- Filling: a solid piece of 100% Avena foam (ventilated)
- Cover: 70% Polyester, 17% Viscose, 13% Nylon
- Comes in King and Standard size
- Designed for all styles of sleeper and all body types
- Price: $75 for Standard size, $95 for King size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
Who Might Choose L Pillow…
- Shoppers who are on a budget. The L Pillow comes in one size for $50 and this is about $25 cheaper than the standard size Leesa pillow, which retails for $75.
- Those who like the feel of a down or a down alternative filling. Sleepers who prefer the cozier feel of a down or down alternative pillow will prefer the L Pillow to the Leesa. No matter what answers are provided, all L pillow offerings are filled with hypoallergenic gel polyester fibers. On the downside, this means there’s a higher chance the pillow will fall flat or need to be fluffed up over time, as compared to Leesa.
Who Might Choose Leesa…
- Sleepers who prefer the feel of latex foam. The proprietary Avena foam located inside the Leesa pillow has similar characteristics to a traditional latex foam pillow. Specifically, it features a super quick response and is on the bouncier side, especially compared to a down alternative. It also won’t fall flat or change shape overnight.
- People who want multiple size options: The Leesa pillow comes in Standard and King sizes, the L Pillow comes in just a standard size.
Who Might Choose Either…
- Side sleepers. Potential customers can customize the L Pillow based on their sleep position, which can be a great way to find the perfect pillow. For example, I primarily sleep in multiple positions but typically wake up on my side. Therefore, I requested a pillow with an average thickness that works for those who side sleep. The height of the Leesa pillow, in addition, is 5″ and it offers a decent amount of firmness and support that should benefit a side sleeper.
Deciding between these two pillows will come down to a matter of personal preference; individuals who like the feel of a down alternative and are looking for a standard size pillow, customizing one’s own L Pillow has the potential to be a fun and comfortable adventure. However, those who prefer the feel of foam and love a good soft knit cover, the Leesa pillow will be right an excellent choice.
Both pillows come with a 100-night trial, giving everyone plenty of time to decide if it’s the best fit.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How Genetics Impact Our Sleep - March 23, 2020
- Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow Review – The Perfect Foam Pillow? - March 20, 2020
- Best Cotton Sheets – Tried and Tested! - March 3, 2020