The Iso-Cool Traditional-Shaped Memory Foam Pillow could be a great introduction to memory foam pillows for any stomach sleeper that may be curious. Both the filling and the outer cover are designed with breathability in mind as well, so there’s no sleeping hot with this pillow. Read on for my full review.
- 100% Machine Washable Cotton Cover
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material has microscopic phase change material (PCM) beads that absorb heat and feel cool, or releases heat and feel warm
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling in a plush design
- Traditional-shape measures 18 x 24 inches
- Made in the USA and Imported
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- CERTIPUR-US Certified
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- Care: Do not launder foam. If foam becomes soiled, spot clean with warm water and mild detergent only. Air dry away from direct sunlight. Machine wash cover in warm water and tumble dry low.
Who Makes It?
Iso-Cool is a registered trademark of Carpenter Co. According to their website, Carpenter Co. is the world’s largest maker of polyurethane foam and the leading processor of polyester fiber for the bedding industry.
The pillow comes in a range of sizes and shapes, including traditional (standard), gusseted, and contoured.
The Iso-Cool pillow is a traditional-shaped pillow with a removable cover. The filling is made with polyurethane memory foam that has small holes in it that help with breathability. The foam should only be spot cleaned, not machine washed.
The 100% cotton outer cover is machine washable and dryable. It has a 300-thread count and is made with Outlast Adaptive Comfort Material. This material has incredibly small beads in the fabric that absorbs body heat and re-release it to keep your temperature stabilized. This is called phase change material (PCM) and you can read more about the science behind it, here.
It is important to air out your pillow before use. Carpenter Co., the makers of the pillow, recommend you let it breathe in a well-ventilated area for at least 24 hours, especially if you are hypersensitive to smells associated with foam.
- Stayed in its consistent shape
- Easy to care for
- Traditional shape may be best for only stomach sleepers
- Cannot machine wash or dry foam if something happens to it
- Non-adjustable or customizable
The Iso-Cool Traditional Shaped Bed Pillow is part of a collection of Iso-Cool pillows that are recommended by the American Sleep Association.
From what I read, it seems like part of their recommendation comes from the increased airflow design within the viscoelastic foam (memory foam) used for the pillows. This helps people to avoid sleeping hot, which is a common complaint with solid foam pillows and mattresses.
The pillows also feature Outlast Temperature Adaptive material (phase change material) built into the outer cover that is meant to also help stabilize your body temperature by absorbing excess heat and re-distributing it if necessary.
There are three shapes available: Traditional (Standard), Contour, and Gusseted. This changes the loft of each pillow, so that stomach, back, and side sleepers can all find the right fit for them.
I am reviewing the Traditional-shaped pillow, and based on my experience, this lower loft and gentle firmness is a good fit for stomach sleepers. As a back and side sleeper, I experienced a little bit of neck stiffness during my review.
The outer cover of the pillow is soft, crisp and clean looking. It is easy to remove and throw in the washer and dryer, just follow the care instructions provided.
The holes in the foam make it slightly less dense compared to a solid piece of foam but it is very responsive and turns to its original shape almost immediately after pressing down.
In my opinion, this makes it a great fit for a stomach sleeper because your head will sink deeply into the pillow but it is not too firm to hurt your neck. You won’t need to worry about it falling flat for a long time since the foam is so responsive.
The Iso-Cool Traditional Shaped pillow is designed with coolness and gentle support in mind and could be a good fit for stomach sleepers who are looking to change it up from a down or down alternative pillow.
The outer cover is soft and easy to care for. The breathable fabric and holes within the memory foam help promote airflow.
If you are not a stomach sleeper, it may be worth checking out the other style options to see if one could be a good fit for you, too.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Amazon’s Prime Day Deals – List Of Discounted Mattresses - July 15, 2019
- Survey Finds “Recreational” Marijuana Users Buy Pot To Help Aid Sleep, Ease Pain - July 12, 2019
- How To ACTUALLY Wash Dirty Pillows (Step-By-Step Guide!) - July 12, 2019