TEMPUR-Pedic was at the forefront of the memory foam revolution. If you are a fan of the classic feel of memory foam, you would probably enjoy sleeping on a TEMPUR-Pedic mattress.
But what if you don’t want to buy a whole new mattress? In that case, you should take a look at the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme. It contains 3″ of soft TEMPUR-material and is meant to add that slow-moving memory foam feel to the top of any mattress.
Is this the soft, memory foam topper you have been seeking? Read on for my full review.
You Might Like The TEMPUR-Topper If…
- You are a back sleeper. If you sleep on your back, you want to make sure you get a balance of comfort and support. A firm mattress might not be letting your hips sink in the proper amount. Adding the TEMPUR-Topper will soften your mattress while also providing lumbar support. The soft foam will also conform to the curves of your body, adding serious comfort.
- You are a side sleeper. The TEMPUR-Topper contains 3″ of very soft memory foam. If you sleep primarily on your side, you should sink into the topper and feel great pressure relief on your shoulders and hips. Even larger side sleepers should feel some added pressure relief.
- You like a memory foam feel. When it comes to memory foam, TEMPUR-Pedic is a classic. The TEMPUR material is slow-moving and soft. Again, if you want to get the memory foam experience without buying a new mattress, this topper is a great option.
- You sleep with a partner. It’s no fun being woken up by your partner’s movements. If you or your partner move around a lot, the TEMPUR-Topper could be a great solution. The soft memory foam will absorb this motion, isolating it one side of the mattress. If you add this topper to your mattress, you should see fewer disturbances. And fewer arguments too!
You Might Not Like The TEMPUR-Topper If…
- You are a stomach sleeper. Stomach sleepers usually want to find a firmer, more supportive mattress. The TEMPUR-Topper will soften any mattress so you won’t get enough support on your hips. You might feel like the center of your body is sinking into the topper, and you could feel some lower back strain.
- You worry about getting stuck. The TEMPUR-Topper features very slow-moving memory foam. It might make it more difficult to move around on your mattress. If you have mobility issues or just want to be able to switch positions, this might not be the best pick.
- You are a hot sleeper. Memory foam is a material that is known for trapping heat. Some memory foam toppers are ventilated contain gel or copper to counteract this. However, the TEMPUR-Topper doesn’t offer those particular features. It might trap heat and cause you to sleep hot.
- You are looking for a value mattress topper. At full price, the TEMPUR-Topper is around $400 for a Queen-size. While it is a durable, quality topper, it is priced higher than many other toppers. If you want to save money upfront, there are more affordable toppers out there.
Construction And Options
- The TEMPUR-Topper is 3″ thick.
- The cover is made of a polyester blend. The bottom has a canvas-like quality, keeping the topper from shifting around on your mattress. The cover is removable and can be washed at home.
- Inside the topper is 3″ of a TEMPUR material. This is very slow-moving memory foam.
- The topper is available in Twin, Twin Long, Double, Queen, King, and California King.
- The TEMPUR-Topper is made in the USA.
RELATED: Best Mattress Toppers
When you buy a mattress topper, you probably want to know how quickly you can use it. Will it be ready to sleep on immediately or will you hate to wait?
Given that the TEMPUR-Topper contains some very soft memory foam, I expected that it would take at least 24 hours to expand. I was surprised when the topper fully expanded in only a few hours. I was able to sleep on the topper that night and there was only a bit of off-gassing. If you have a serious chemical smell with your topper, leave it in a ventilated room for a few days and you should get rid of that smell.
I first wanted to know just how much the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme would soften a firmer mattress. To do this, I placed the topper on a mattress with a firmness level of 9/10. With the topper added, the mattress now felt like a 6.5/10. It really did soften the mattress quite a lot.
Here is how I felt in three different sleeping positions:
- When I am on my back, the TEMPUR-Topper is a fantastic match for me. On the firm mattress, my hips were not allowed to sink in enough. The TEMPUR-Topper softens the mattress so that my hips sink in. At the same time, the memory foam supports my lumbar area and contours to the curves of my body.
- Moving to my side, I feel very comfortable on this topper. I slowly sink into the memory foam and feel little pressure on my shoulders and hips. As a larger person, I often drop through memory foam toppers. Since this is high-density memory foam, I do not have that issue with the TEMPUR-Topper. It should be a good match for heavier side sleepers.
- Stomach sleeping on the TEMPUR-Topper, I am not getting the support I need. Again, the topper does soften the mattress a fair amount. Because of this, my hips are bowing into the mattress, and I am feeling some lower back strain.
As I stated above, this does have that classic memory foam feel. It is not very responsive so it might be difficult to move around on the topper.
When you’re looking for a mattress topper, you want to think about warmth. Will the topper have you sleeping hotter or cooler? Well, the TEMPUR-Topper does contain memory foam, a material that is prone to sleeping hot. The topper also doesn’t contain gel or copper to keep the topper from trapping heat. I can say I am sleeping hotter on the TEMPUR-Topper.
The TEMPUR-Topper is a very comfortable option for back sleepers, side sleepers, and those who like that classic memory foam feel. It might not be the best option for stomach sleepers and those who are looking for something more affordable.
The topper comes with free shipping and a 25-year warranty.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Luna Weighted Blanket Review – Options Galore! - October 10, 2019
- Populum Full Spectrum Hemp Oil Review – Will It Help You Sleep? - September 27, 2019
- Best Weighted Blankets For Anxiety - September 25, 2019