There is one major difference between the SafeRest Premium mattress protector and the Protect-A-Bed AllerZip mattress protector. While they will both keep a mattress surface free from allergens, dust mites and liquid damage, one protector can do even more. This comparison will go over the main similarities and differences to help consumers make a more informed decision.
- Waterproof surface
- Dust mite and allergen protection
- Machine washable, tumble low dry heat
- Vinyl, PVC and Phthalate free
- 10-year warranty
- Fitted sheet style (protection on five sides)
- Hypoallergenic cotton terry surface fabric
- Can fit mattresses up to 18 inches thick
- SafeRest offers Invisa-Shield Technology which is supposed to protect your mattress without being able to feel it under your sheets.
- Sizing: SafeRest offers standard sizes
- Comes with a 200+ Wash Durability Rating
- Queen size retails for ~$69.95 (See current pricing on Amazon)
The full SafeRest Mattress Protector review is available here.
- Encasement mattress with 6-Sided Miracle Membrane® barrier that prevents mold, mildew, dust mites, pet dander, and pollen
- 100% polyester sleep surface
- Two depths to choose from (6-inch or 9-inch)
- Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
- Certified bed bug proof
- Categorized as an FDA Class 1 Medical Device
- Multiple sizes available, including sofa protectors
- Queen size retails for ~$129.95 (See current pricing on Amazon)
The full Protect-A-Bed Mattress Protector review is available here.
Pros and Cons Of Each Protector
Who Might Want The SafeRest…
- Those who want a protector that goes on a mattress like a fitted sheet
- People who have a thicker mattress (can fit up to 18-inch mattresses)
- Those who want a protector with a cotton terry surface
- People who want a protector that costs less than $100 (for a Queen)
- Those who want a protector with a 200+ Wash Durability Rating.
Who Might Want Protect-A-Bed…
- Those who want an encasement mattress that can be sealed to protect against bed bugs
- People who want a protector that is Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
- Those who want to cover a unique mattress – like a sofa mattress
- People who want a super snug fit on the mattress (protector comes in two depth options)
These protectors are so different that most people’s choice will most likely come down to personal needs and priorities.
For people who are looking for a mattress that is waterproof, easy to put on and off, easy to care for and relatively affordable, the SafeRest protector may be the ideal option.
SafeRest’s protector is a straightforward protector that will go on a mattress like a fitted sheet and will keep the surface safe from liquid damage and allergies.
However, some people may need a more serious mattress protector.
What does a “serious” protector mean? This term applies to people with the following issues:
- Potential for bed bugs
- Major allergy or asthma issues
- Potential for a lot of liquid damage
Protect-A-Bed Allerzip has the option to completely seal off the mattress from the outside world. It’s listed as a medical device and has been certified and lab tested to keep the mattress truly protected from allergens and asthma.
It comes with a steeper price tag at $12.95 for a Queen – nearly double the cost of the SafeRest protector – but it offers much more.
I personally preferred the overall fit and functionality of the Protect-A-Bed Allerzip protector. While I did not care for the price tag, for the value and quality I think it’s definitely worth the money.
Those looking for something simpler, the SafeRest protect may be a good fit.