A duvet cover can be a great addition to your bedroom. Simply by throwing your duvet cover onto a duvet insert or comforter, you can quickly change the look of your room. Also, it makes keeping your bedding clean much easier. Simply throw your duvet cover in the washer, and you are all set.
So which duvet cover should you choose? If you look in stores or online, there are countless duvet cover options. What should you be looking for?
I have the information you need to find the right duvet cover for you. To make your buying process a lot easier, I have chosen five duvet covers that really stand out among the rest.
Which duvet cover is best for you? Read on for my full duvet cover buying guide.
Top Picks Compared
Parachute Sateen Duvet Cover
This Parachute duvet cover is a great option for those who want a sateen option that isn’t quite so shiny. Most sateen duvet covers have a sheen to them, but Parachute specifies that theirs is a “matte sateen.” You get the feeling of sateen but it is more of a flat, matte look.
In terms of feel, the Parachute is very soft. Like most sateen, this material is silky to the touch. The duvet cover is also made with 100 percent long-staple Egyptian cotton. This is a very soft fiber.
At the same time, it is a thicker material. Because of this, the Parachute is a warmer option. It might not be breathable enough for hot sleepers, but those who want something for colder nights should like this duvet cover.
The Egyptian cotton is also very durable. This means the Parachute should last for a good amount of time. In addition, the company does not use harmful chemicals to artificially soften their bedding. The duvet cover is actually designed to get softer with each cleaning cycle.
What Makes The Parachute Stand Out?
- It is a sateen duvet cover without the sheen.
- The Parachute is a very soft, silky, sateen duvet cover.
- It is a durable duvet cover that should be a good, long-term investment.
Read the full Parachute duvet cover review.
Cuddledown Solid Sateen Duvet Cover
The Cuddledown is a duvet cover with that classic sateen sheen. It is a great pick for those who want a shiny look to their bedding.
Also, being sateen, it is silky and smooth to the touch. It is also made with 100 percent long-staple cotton. This adds another level of softness and durability to the duvet cover. It should stand up to many cleaning cycles and last for many years to come.
The Cuddledown is also a great choice for those who want a lot of options. There are currently 25 color options available. No matter which color fits your bedroom design scheme, you should be able to find a duvet cover to match it.
What Makes The Cuddledown Stand Out?
- The duvet cover has a very nice, shiny look.
- It is very soft to the touch with a silky sateen feel.
- It is made with long-staple cotton and should be a longer-lasting duvet cover.
- There are many color options available.
- Cuddledown will also stitch your monogram into your duvet cover.
Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover
The Brooklinen is a duvet cover with a crisp, linen feel. Fans of hotel linens will really enjoy this thinner percale duvet cover.
This is also a great option for hot sleepers. Percale is a more breathable material, so you shouldn’t be overheating at night. I felt a lot of airflow with the Brooklinen. As a hot sleeper, I can say that pairing the duvet cover with a thin insert had me sleeping cool all night.
Like many of the duvet covers on this list, the Brooklinen is also made with long-staple cotton. Again, this is a very durable fiber, so the duvet cover should be longer-lasting. Just note that percale can be wrinkly, so you might need to iron the duvet cover after drying.
What Makes The Brooklinen Stand Out?
- It has a crisp, hotel linen feel.
- The duvet cover is very breathable and should be a great option for hot sleepers.
- It is made with very durable materials and should be a solid, long-term investment.
Check out our full Brooklinen Classic duvet cover review.
Pinzon Flannel Duvet Cover
The Pinzon duvet cover is a great option for lovers of flannel. If you are looking to give your bedroom a rustic look or need something for a rural vacation spot, this should be a good choice. You also have seven design options to choose from.
The duvet cover is made with 160-gram flannel. It is a bit heavier and also very durable. In addition, it is napped on both sides, meaning the whole duvet cover has a soft, velvety feel.
Also, this is one of the warmer duvet covers I have tried. While using it on a cold night, the duvet cover had no trouble keeping me warm and insulated. Those who need a duvet cover for colder nights should feel right at home under the Pinzon Flannel Duvet Cover.
Finally, at only $55 for a Full/Queen size duvet cover, the Pinzon is a very affordable option.
What Makes The Pinzon Stand Out?
- It has a rustic look with seven design options to choose from.
- The duvet cover features very soft, napped flannel. It is very soft and fuzzy to the touch.
- It is a great option for colder months.
- The Pinzon offers a quality duvet cover at a value price.
Related: What Is The Difference Between A Duvet And Comforter?
HC Collection Duvet Cover Set
The HC is a great pick for those who want a very affordable option. It is currently $27 for a Queen-size duvet cover with two pillow shams. This is easily the least expensive duvet cover on this list.
While it might not be as long-lasting as the other duvet covers, it does feature soft microfiber in its construction. This material isn’t as silky as sateen, but it is still smooth to the touch.
Also, you have 12 color options to choose from. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money up front and want a solid duvet cover, the HC could be a good choice.
What Makes The HC Stand Out?
- It is a very affordable duvet cover set that includes two pillow shams.
- The duvet cover is made with microfiber and is soft to the touch.
- There are many color options to choose from.
What Should You Consider When Buying A Duvet Cover?
- Feel. As with any piece of bedding, you want to think about what your duvet cover is going to feel like. Do you like a soft, silky feel? You might want to consider something with sateen. Do you want something with a crisp, linen feel? Percale might be a better option. If you want something fuzzy and soft, take a look at something with flannel.
- Look and options. Another thing to consider is what look you really want. If you want something with a sheen, sateen might be a good option. Also, if you want a printed design or specific color, how many options do you have to choose from? Some companies only have a few to choose from while others have a wide selection.
- Breathability. If you are going to add a duvet cover to your bed, is it going to make you sleep hotter or cooler? You want to think about how much air is going to move through the duvet cover. Some fabrics, like sateen, feel nice, but they are not as breathable. Other fabrics, like percale, are thinner and let more air pass through. It is true that the duvet insert plays a big part in how hot you will feel, but without a breathable duvet cover, you might be sleeping even hotter.
- Cleaning and durability. A major benefit to using a duvet cover is ease of cleaning. Instead of having to wash a whole comforter or heavier blanket, you can peel off the duvet cover and wash it at home. While this is very nice, you want to think about how well the duvet cover will stand up to many wash cycles. Will it start to fray and fade or remain intact? Basically, is it a durable piece of bedding or not? To know if your duvet cover is going to last for some time, consider the materials used. If it has long-staple cotton, it should be more durable. Materials like microfiber, while much more affordable, may not be as durable.
Again, there are many duvet covers out there. No matter what type of sleeper you are, one of these five great duvet covers should be a good match. If you want to keep looking, keep these criteria in mind, and it shouldn’t be difficult to find the right duvet cover for you.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Gravity Blanket Review – Soft Weight? - March 6, 2019
- Best Duvet Covers – Which Will You Choose? - February 28, 2019
- Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover Review – Great For Hot Sleepers? - February 22, 2019